I'm everyone's soul mate, until they realize I'm curvy!

Options

Replies

• BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    When you're online dating, just say up front that you're overweight and working hard to change that. The shallow ones won't waste your time and you can spend your energy finding someone who wants to be with you for you.

This makes a lot of sense.

Sorry but for every overweight woman's "why don't men want to date me once they know I'm heavy?" posts, there is a man asking "why can't women be honest about their body type BEFORE I meet them?"

^^^this^^^
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated with men!! I am tired of them thinking I am their soul mate based on my fb profile pic, talking me to go out with them. Then when we meet, they realize I am a real 40 yr old , curvy girl and feel the need to tell me what I need to change to be worthy of their middle aged advances!. Third guy to say something to me like that! I've lost 30 and feeling good. I like my curves and guess what...some guys love my curves! This one guy that I went to school with messaged me and asked me for a full body shot, I said that I didn't know him, and he said..what did you get fat or something? Like I have to justify anything to him! Another guy friend of mine said that all guys want supermodels, but then they settle for what they can get. He told me that no one would ask me out if I was overweight, unless the guy had been turned down by the other thinner girls...and that thin wins over pretty every time! I swear, I'm gonna take them out!!! It messed with my head a bit. I felt like I gained 600 pounds immediately. I hate that I let some idiot(s) get to me. I have to remember that I'm doing this for me. To be healthy, and athletic again. And....I happen to know that's not true anyway. I've dated many guys,who were not pretending to be into me..they were INTO me! And heavier than I am now..I'm all done..sheesh!!!

I'm not going to lie, I only read the first line and that was enough. Stop trying to meet men through the internet!
  • yobby1969
    yobby1969 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've never had trouble with dating, even as a fairly overweight woman... maybe they just don't like you?

Um..thanks!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    REAL men like curves, dogs like bones :wink:

That old chestnut is ridiculous and has nasty connotations towards thinner women... Wise up!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

That's super rude.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    If someone is looking for a specific body type, that someone needs to be a little bit better detective before going on the first date. You should probably make sure they see an honest photo of you before going out with them, as well. This has happened to you three times and you haven't learned your lesson on that?

I realize I sound like an a** here, but maybe stop doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You look great..and 40 is the new 30..

And stop meeting agreeing to meet guys off of FB..socially inept guys date from FB..you don't want to date a mouth breather or a momma's boy.

Lol!

You know, I think by the age of 40 people should be able to grow up and get past all the superficial b.s. You do NOT want to be with anyone that immature anyway. I say go do fun things where you can meet real life people! Chemistry!
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I once went out with a guy who first insulted my boots and then made a note of how my shirt, "covered my problem areas."

I gave him the boot after that. I found someone who loves me despite my flaws and "problem areas." They are hard to find, but it's worth the wait.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Options
    be proud of your curves real women have curves

And the ones that don't are obviously fake and not real....

I think you missed my point, men dont want stick figures we want women who have shape to them not to look like a plank of wood flat all over

Um, I'm sure that makes the naturally skinny women reading that feel just great about their body! Well done you.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow, i'm actually surprised to hear that. IMO i think "where" you're finding these [jerks] might be part of the problem. I am all for internet dating, because it does work for many people... but maybe just not facebook?
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This one guy that I went to school with messaged me and asked me for a full body shot, I said that I didn't know him, and he said..what did you get fat or something? Like I have to justify anything to him! Another guy friend of mine said that all guys want supermodels, but then they settle for what they can get. He told me that no one would ask me out if I was overweight, unless the guy had been turned down by the other thinner girls...and that thin wins over pretty every time!

Um, wow. That's just horrible. The two guys you referenced here sound like d-bags.

I would be LIVID if someone asked me for a full body shot. I am not a car, you don't need to see me from all angles before you consider a test drive. Yeesh.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Options

That's just as stupid as insulting fat people.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Girl, PM me let's talk.:love::flowerforyou:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Said no one ever.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    And stop meeting agreeing to meet guys off of FB..socially inept guys date from FB..you don't want to date a mouth breather or a momma's boy.

Bahahaaa!!! I love it!!!!
  • menletti
    menletti Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Next time some guy tells you what you ought to be doing to "change" perhaps you could mention they need to change their attitude or their weight or their job or whatever to fit with the type of fellow YOU are looking for. Good for the goose as good for the gander.
  • Anu_mee13
    Options
    As a fellow curvy gal, I say EMBRACE YOUR CURVES! I love mine, and I'm just working on enhancing them. I say, if someone doesn't like you based on outer appearance, tell them to go KICK ROCKS with open toe sandals on! It's really that simple. Don't worry, you'll meet that one amazing guy that will love and appreciate you just the way that you are. (I tell myself this on a daily basis).
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware that "curvy" was a synonym for "overweight", I thought it was just a person's body shape...

But anyway, as another poster mentioned, be up front with your appearance, and you'll meet the kind of men who deserve your time. I know I'd be pretty put out if I met a guy online who didn't let on that he was noticeably overweight and then surprised me with a beer belly when I met him. I'm not saying you have a beer belly or anything, I don't know what your full body looks like, but you know what I mean. I guess I'm shallow since I'm not attracted to overweight men. Oh well.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options

Amen!!! This ^^

Some men can be shallow. Just be glad you see the real them on the first meeting so you don't have to waste anymore of your time.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Options

Amen!!! This ^^

Some men can be shallow. Just be glad you see the real them on the first meeting so you don't have to waste anymore of your time.

Some men can be shallow? So can some women it seems.