Starting a 30 Day Juice Fast 09/05/2012! Support needed!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Report back. If you don't end up sick and in the hospital. And then check back in six months after you've gained back everything you lost...

Wow. Hater-aid.

Please ignore people like this. They are utterly and completely miserable and are lashing out in desperation.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am on day four of my juice fast. I am not hungry and only today do I feel fatigued. I have been bouncing off they walls lately. I am rebooting to #1 give my GI tract a chance to heal and #2 stop my unhealthy relationship with food. I was almost a vegan up until last week when I decided to step it up and start juicing. I love it. Keep on juicing people. I hope everything is going well.

(GI tract was severely damaged due to un and missed diagnosis of severe gluten intolerance)
  • FindingFit127
    FindingFit127 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think thats great! goodluck to you! I really really would like to reset my body too but unfortunately I just can't afford to purchase a nice juicer right now.. Maybe I can talk my boyfriend into getting one for my birthday or christmas..
    Hope you feel great and you get everything out of it that you'd like too!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

This thread should be locked and removed.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

She's not promoting it, she's telling us what SHE and her husband are doing.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I am excited to start a 30 day juice fast tomorrow with my husband. We have studied up on it and are well prepared but it would be great to have support from others who are doing it also, or get support from those who have completed a fast. I have already stopped drinking soda, and have been limiting my food intake to what is necessary, so my body is getting prepared for the fast. I have been looking at recipes too, but I would love to hear if any of you have any favorites! I will keep updating with my progress :)Feel free to join in at any time if you feel like resetting your body!!!

I weigh 232 lbs and am looking to get down to 160 at some point. My goal for this 30 day fast is to get down to 190. I may continue to 60 days depending on how I feel.

I am also going to do body wrapping it It Works Body Applications to keep my skin nice and tight and hopefully toned :) I don't want any saggy skin!!!

I also am going to try to drink 120-160oz of water each day... we will see!

Thanks for all the motivation and support. :happy:

Sounds like promoting to me.
  • gottaloveit7771
    Options
    Hey everyone sorry I wasn't very good at updating earlier. I will let everyone know how things went!

I completed 14 days of fasting and during the last 5 I caught the flu from my husband (who caught if from someone at work). At that point I had lost almost 20 lbs and 3% body fat. I felt that my body needed more then just juicing so I added in eating dinner. At around day 20 our juicer broke again and the store wouldn't take it back and said I needed to go through the manufacturer. Unfortunately we don't have money to shell out for a new one until we got a replacement. So of course we had to stop. My final weight lost was 24 lbs and after being back to a normal diet for 2 weeks I had only put back on 3 lbs. I intend to restart this process once I get my replacement juicer from the company. Although, I really want to just return it all together and get the breville.

So thanks very much to all of those who really helped and encouraged me on this journey. Even tho things didn't go as planned I feel that I still succeeded. Good luck to any of those who are juicing and are doing your own reboot!! I will be back joining you hopefully very soon!

Oh and hubby lost 18 lbs :)
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    This has nothing to do with juice. You could just as easily and with the same result do a free range chicken fast for 30 days. There is no magic in the fruits and veggies that exert an effect on the physiology of your body. If anybody who was overweight, sedentary and ate processed poor nutrient diet went on a chicken fast for thirty days would lose weight and over the course of 30-90 days no longer need meds etc. the body is pretty amazing, it pulls nutrients from food and the rest is excreted as waste. Don't eat processed and surplus food and you will feel better. Each one of us could come up with a food and do a fast. Maple syrup fast, veggie fast, grass fed beef fast, you name it. Juice is not detoxing/resetting or whatever you wish to call it, your body is doing all the work, you are simply deleting the imput of preservatives or whatever you believe needs detoxing. People like to go to extremes, it makes us feel like we are doing something proactive/productive. I have always believed the right thing to do is the hardest thing to do. It's hard to eat right, it's hard to exercise. I love my bacon, my steak, my occasional ice cream. I can eat all of this and still lose because I exert control and earn these treats. It's to important to be happy and enjoy what I eat, not worry if my blender will work or what I will eat at a function or friends house. Are you buying all organic? Was the soil your veggies grew in fertilized and how so? Are they genetically modified? If any of these are so, how will you proceed to detox from this? Concentrated pesticide drinks in high quantities? There are many types of resets/fasts out there, all with user anecdotal evidence. The only constant that remains is removal of eating "bad" foods, your body does the hard work. Watch your macros and eat food in moderation with same result. Enjoy what you eat, eat happy and don't resent your diet. It should never be a chore to fuel up. Also, ketosis. Let's artificially put our body into a state of fuel Fat consumption by denying it its most basic fuel source. Just sounds wrong. Why not just make the leap and use diet pills?? Tricking the body to use alternate source of energy has consequences physiologically. Would love to her more fast ideas. We could all be a hot topic and best seller for a week until next one is published. I do wish you luck though, it very well may be a great jump start to your journey. I would just hate to see you struggle and be unhappy thinking the juice itself is doing something. Live to eat, don't eat to live as they say.

Woo! Sign me up for the maple syrup fast!! Does that include maple sugar candy too?
  • FindingFit127
    Options

Shes going to eat tons and tons and tons and tons of fruits and vegetables everyday.. just in juice form! She's not in any way starving herself she will probaly be exceeding her normal caloric intake.. its really no different then what alot of vegan people eat but you wouldn't say they need to have what they say locked and removed would you? Maybe you should educate yourself shes in no way starving herself shes going to be filling her body up with tons of fruits and veggies which will be giving her body tons of antioxidents, nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and ALL THE CALORIES she will need.
    You should watch fat, sick, and nearly dead. Juicing is great for you.. and if shes fueling her body with nutrients and going to be exceeding her normal caloric intake I really don't see why talking and getting excited about juicing is soo bad?!?!?!?
    Just because you don't agree with something or don't believe it to be the right choice doesn't necassarily mean it is an unhealthy one! There are alot of people on here promoting real unhealthy habbits that should be taking care of instead of someone who will be fueling themselves with loads of calories from fruits and veggies!!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I am excited to start a 30 day juice fast tomorrow with my husband. We have studied up on it and are well prepared but it would be great to have support from others who are doing it also, or get support from those who have completed a fast. I have already stopped drinking soda, and have been limiting my food intake to what is necessary, so my body is getting prepared for the fast. I have been looking at recipes too, but I would love to hear if any of you have any favorites! I will keep updating with my progress :) Feel free to join in at any time if you feel like resetting your body!!!

I weigh 232 lbs and am looking to get down to 160 at some point. My goal for this 30 day fast is to get down to 190. I may continue to 60 days depending on how I feel.

I am also going to do body wrapping it It Works Body Applications to keep my skin nice and tight and hopefully toned :) I don't want any saggy skin!!!

I also am going to try to drink 120-160oz of water each day... we will see!

Thanks for all the motivation and support. :happy:

check out this movie for free on HULU.com Fat sick and nearly dead, if that movie doesnt motivate you to do it.. then idk? i personally love to chew my food and find it hard to just focus on juice...

Try it for the first week and see how it makes you fee.. after your first week, try it for another.

GOOD LUCK!

I LOVED that movie.. and i really want to try the juice, for a week at first, but im so skeered! not skeered of the nutrition, because its a given its better for you than all the other crap people put into their bodies, but skeered im not strong enough mentaly! LOL! Im so proud of you for sticking to your guns, and for being brave enough to come to the forums! to those of you who are so close minded and cannot support someone for doing what THEY believe in... SCREW OFF!!! Its a dang shame you can do what YOU believe, and want people to support you, and you rant and rave on here about what is "right" but when someone asks for support, you sure as hell cant give it!! *shakes finger at you for being hypocritical!! Kudos to those who dont judge!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Shes going to eat tons and tons and tons and tons of fruits and vegetables everyday.. just in juice form!

wow...that be a crap load!

literally
  • FindingFit127
    Options
    how do you figure? she will be recieving all the nutrients of fruits and vegetables?

edit: I should say did because she doesn't have the juicer anymore and already did it for 14 days.

Look I'm not here to argue I just dont agree that there is anything wrong with recieving your daily calories from the nutrients from fruits and vegetables. If you disagree so be it.

The only reason I even said anything is because I see people promoting barely eating or worse things then juicing and if someone is exceeding there caloric intake I really don't see why people would feel the need to report it.. especially when it is from fruits and vegetables
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    how do you figure? she will be recieving all the nutrients of fruits and vegetables?

no she wont. when you juice you remove almost all the fiber and many of the nutrients

there is NO advantage to juicing over just actually eating the fruit and vegetables
  • gottaloveit7771
    Options

no she wont. when you juice you remove almost all the fiber and many of the nutrients

there is NO advantage to juicing over just actually eating the fruit and vegetables

The advantage is you can consume way more fruits and veggies in liquid form then if you were to just sit down and eat them raw. Plus the nutrients get to your body faster because there is nothing to digest. So there are a few differences :)
  • FindingFit127
    Options
    ^^^ exacty!
    Geeze people will have no problem with people slamming down protein shakes for most of their meals or eating tons of highly processed foods but god forbid you recieve all your calories from fruits and vegetables

and just to clear things up I really don't think there is anything wrong with protein shakes or processed meals.. whatever floats your boat...ive eaten both i'm just trying to make a point and think fruits and veggies are healthier

You've done soo great and remained so calm even though many people have been very negative

And I'm not a nutrition expert or an angle.. I went out to eat today and went way way way over on my sodium..

like I said I really just dont see the problem if someone is EXCEEDING their caloric intake from veggies when there are people on here promoting things that are much much much worse
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Please don't do this. My girlfriend wen't on a juice diet and ended up in the hospital, she also went into kidney failure because of it, your body can only take in so much when it comes to an excess of vitamins and minerals. I really encourage you to calorie count, exersize and work on weight loss slowly to ensure that you keep it off while staying healthy. It is your choice, I just want you to know the risks. p.s. my girlfriend is still on medication to help her kidneys, it has been 8 years. Please don't do it. :ohwell:

More than likely, your girlfriend's kidney was already damaged from being overweight and going on a Juicing diet made it worse as there is no disease associated with eating less or being a Vegan. The foods you can eat on a Juicing diet is the same thing as being a Vegan and the word fasting is just for marketing purposes. Juicing is not a true fast and the OP has calculated that she gets around 1k calories a day from this. Juicing is just a low cal diet.
  • usfirefly
    usfirefly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Here are my little 2 cents to the subject.

I am also an expierienced juicer and I can just say to all those people warning about it, that it is something to do.
    Not nessesairly because of the weightloss (that is just a little bonus) but because fasting makes you healthier, tumors, rashes, allergies, and alot more have been removed with long fasting.
    And yes total fasting bears some risk. But Juicefasting is about the best one can do for themselfs.
    The first couple days might be hard. depending how bad the detox symptoms are.
    But after that you have an extra load of energy. You feel light and free. Not only your body clears itself, but also your brain works better, and it helps you to solve difficult problems. ( you will need less sleep
    There are alot of benefits from fasting.
    The main think to consider though that in my opinion is the most important thing, is to think about how to end the fast, and what to change. And yes it is normal to gain a couple pounds waterweight back when starting to eat again. But overall If livestyle changes to the better where made during the fast, a great portion of weight will stay off. I encourage everybody to at least try it. maybe for a meal, a day, a week....for beginners, I would suggest to start with a weekend, or a day off. because you may be extra tired. If anybody needs any advice or any help with this, feel free to contact me. I do a some expierience, with my longest juice fast beeing 6 weeks. and I have done shorter ones often. You learn something new with every fast.
    And just FYI ones I reach my goal weight I will still be fasting for its benefits, probably not as long as nowadays I consider it a blessing for now, that i still carry weight enough to do those long beneficial fasts. :)
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • beccaromero
    Options
    How is or how did the fast go? I'm going to start one in a week :) and don't listen to the haters! They don't know what they are talking about. This fast can change your life!!
  • MsMiaPie
    Options
    I am a huge fan of fasting. Cleared up my health issues and I lost a lot of weight that was impossible to lose with my health issues.... which all basically stemmed from chronic food allergies and sensitivities that went undetected my entire life. All grains, legumes, processed food, soy, dairy and refined sugars are completely off limits all the time. Anyways I water fast which is true fasting... and supposedly far more risky than a juice fast. I personally have not had issues. Technically, drinking super healthy, yummy, nutrient dense juices isn't really fasting at all... its just really healthy and I applaud your decision to do it. I find water fasting easier because it yields much faster results and I find juicing to be a lot of work and expensive. You should really only be juicing organic fruits and veggies and they should be very fresh. I am happy to say I am starting a water fast today and plan to make it at least 30 days :) I hope yours went well!!!