I want to call myself curvy

Options

Replies

• juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    me too - british size 12 - american 8 I think...I weigh 150 pounds and my waist is 10 inches small than my hips and chest...curvy is not fat - never has been - fat is fat - not an insult just a fact. I have been 196 pounds - I was fat!! Good luck with your journey :-)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    curvy is exactly what you described and i'm happy to say i am also that shape. ;) i have a relatively small waist in comparison to my hips (14 inch difference last time i checked). i like my shape. someone plus sized or not can be considered curvy... it's a body shape. not a weight. ;)
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I agree, curvy, voluptuous, should all be good terms. Why on earth did they become fat? Because most of society is fat. We are swimming against the stream! Keep up the good work. :smile:

All that swimming... keeping us curvy, and not fat :tongue:
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    vo·lup·tu·ous
    1. full of, characterized by, or ministering to indulgence in luxury, pleasure, and sensuous enjoyment: a voluptuous life.
    2. derived from gratification of the senses: voluptuous pleasure.
    3. directed toward or concerned with sensuous enjoyment or sensual pleasure: voluptuous desires.
    4. sensuously pleasing or delightful: voluptuous beauty.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    What about boobalicious?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Here to check out the curvy wimmens.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    curvy is good....don't be too hard on yourself...its a bodytype that men do adore for sure as others suggested...however you have to be comfortable with what you are which goes to confidence really...I will say though...you have beautiful facial features
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    In your specific case I think "smoking hot" is more accurate.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    90% of the time when someone describes themselves as curvy I want to say:

inigo.png

It seems we've gotten far away from what curvy actually is.

Yesssss!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I hear ya and totally agree! I'm like you hourglass, curves in the right places yet if I described myself as a curvy girl that would mostly like be taken to mean I was 'fat'. I know for the larger gals out there that they of course need a nice word to describe their 'curves' but what do we average build ladies describe ourselves? (and I don't like that word average either lol)

voluptuous also makes me think LARGER lady

any ideas?

I would love to be described as 'svelte'...I'm getting there but not YET!
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You fit the term. Most that claim it do not.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    curvy is good....don't be too hard on yourself...its a bodytype that men do adore for sure as others suggested...however you have to be comfortable with what you are which goes to confidence really...I will say though...you have beautiful facial features

I think you missed the point.

I LOVE my body. I AM curvy. People that are "fat" and say "curvy" (be in in person, online, whatever) changed the meaning of the word.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Umm ok.
    tumblr_lqna4iBl3X1qii6tmo1_500.gif

YUP!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I agree, curvy, voluptuous, should all be good terms. Why on earth did they become fat? Because most of society is fat. We are swimming against the stream! Keep up the good work. :smile:

Because somehow it became offensive to use the word fat unless describing a food item. Other words were manipulated from their original meanings as euphemisms for "fat".

Makes you wonder if in a few years we'll be calling butter "voluptuous" instead of fat.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It's like I said before... just because one has many tangential planes on their body does not mean they are curvy... at this very moment I am not curvy... I am fat, overweight.... obese even (just barely)... but I'm working on that. Curvy to me is J.Lo. or the pin up girls from yesteryear....
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Technically my body shape is curvy (I know from when I was thin) but at the moment I am fat. It is the word I used to describe myself because it is the truth. There is absolutly nothing wrong with the word fat and I wish people would realize that, society has made fat a horrible word and its not. Because at 50 - 100 pounds over weight you are no longer chunky, you are NOT thick you are straight up fat.

I have no problem with this thread at all. I just think that people feel FAT is a horrible word to use to describe ones body and its not - at least not in my world.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Because DANG IT! I AM!!! I'm not 200 lbs overweight, I'm a textbook hourglass figure with a large chest, small waist, and wide hips... My "curvy" isn't my many many rolls down my body.

Let's change the meaning of this word back to what it is. Call a duck a duck....

Thanks! :)

Got that except the big boobs :( (36B)

very narrow waist and wider hips...though I'm not big either (size 6)...you can feel/see my hip bones...just got a big pelvis I guess.
  • rickgomez2003
    Options
    Because DANG IT! I AM!!! I'm not 200 lbs overweight, I'm a textbook hourglass figure with a large chest, small waist, and wide hips... My "curvy" isn't my many many rolls down my body.

Let's change the meaning of this word back to what it is. Call a duck a duck....

Thanks! :)

Yes i would agree and you fit the very sexy curve.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Well Amber is a nice name but if you want to change your name to Curvy go for it, there are stranger names out there :laugh: :laugh:

Andy
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    Technically my body shape is curvy (I know from when I was thin) but at the moment I am fat. It is the word I used to describe myself because it is the truth. There is absolutly nothing wrong with the word fat and I wish people would realize that, society has made fat a horrible word and its not. Because at 50 - 100 pounds over weight you are no longer chunky, you are NOT thick you are straight up fat.

I have no problem with this thread at all. I just think that people feel FAT is a horrible word to use to describe ones body and its not - at least not in my world.

And I love you