• fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Lord mix a lot had it right :wink:

"Yeah, baby ... when it comes to females, Cosmo ain't got nothin'
    to do with my selection. 36-24-36? Ha ha, only if she's 5'3"
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I agree. Curvy and fat are two different words for a reason.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    <~~~ The real kind of curvy.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    curvy is good....don't be too hard on yourself...its a bodytype that men do adore for sure as others suggested...however you have to be comfortable with what you are which goes to confidence really...I will say though...you have beautiful facial features

I think you missed the point.

I LOVE my body. I AM curvy. People that are "fat" and say "curvy" (be in in person, online, whatever) changed the meaning of the word.

lol...well I may have missed the point..I tend to do that at times lol...curvy to me are bodytypes such as Shakira, Beyonce, Kim K...if somebody is really obese in my opinion thats not curvy at all but I would never call somebody "fat"
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    SIR mix a lot had it right :wink:

"Yeah, baby ... when it comes to females, Cosmo ain't got nothin'
    to do with my selection. 36-24-36? Ha ha, only if she's 5'3"

Fixed it for ya. this makes me sad. For real.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Always been a curvy girly :happy:
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    In your specific case I think "smoking hot" is more accurate.
    He only said that because you're wearing a Texas Longhorn shirt!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    In your specific case I think "smoking hot" is more accurate.
    He only said that because you're wearing a Texas Longhorn shirt!

Nah, he loves me
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Technically my body shape is curvy (I know from when I was thin) but at the moment I am fat. It is the word I used to describe myself because it is the truth. There is absolutly nothing wrong with the word fat and I wish people would realize that, society has made fat a horrible word and its not. Because at 50 - 100 pounds over weight you are no longer chunky, you are NOT thick you are straight up fat.

I have no problem with this thread at all. I just think that people feel FAT is a horrible word to use to describe ones body and its not - at least not in my world.
    Totally agree... I used to be curvy... Now according to my bmi im obese but lets call a spade a spade... Im fat and when I get my figure back I will be proud to call myself curvy
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Nah, he loves me
    Aww...I didn't mean that he doesn't think you're hot. That was an inside joke for Brett because he found it difficult to wear a shirt that represents Texas. And you are hot!
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I hear ya and totally agree! I'm like you hourglass, curves in the right places yet if I described myself as a curvy girl that would mostly like be taken to mean I was 'fat'. I know for the larger gals out there that they of course need a nice word to describe their 'curves' but what do we average build ladies describe ourselves? (and I don't like that word average either lol)

Excuse me but there is no such thing as an average woman, you are all unique and as difficult as h**l to please :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Andy
  • CokeBottle84
    CokeBottle84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    Technically my body shape is curvy (I know from when I was thin) but at the moment I am fat. It is the word I used to describe myself because it is the truth. There is absolutly nothing wrong with the word fat and I wish people would realize that, society has made fat a horrible word and its not. Because at 50 - 100 pounds over weight you are no longer chunky, you are NOT thick you are straight up fat.

I have no problem with this thread at all. I just think that people feel FAT is a horrible word to use to describe ones body and its not - at least not in my world.
    Totally agree... I used to be curvy... Now according to my bmi im obese but lets call a spade a spade... Im fat and when I get my figure back I will be proud to call myself curvy

This is what there needs to be more of, in my opinion. Embracing what you actually are (not saying you're fat) and working towards being something else (curvy)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Agreed. You can be skinny and have curves. I'm an hourglass, damn it!

Someone in the Kim Kardashian thread described her hourglass figure as "a weird shape."
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    Nah, he loves me
    Aww...I didn't mean that he doesn't think you're hot. That was an inside joke for Brett because he found it difficult to wear a shirt that represents Texas. And you are hot!

Brett is a sucker for the Texas girls lol
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only hourglass figure on here ^.^
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    curvy is exactly what you described and i'm happy to say i am also that shape. ;) i have a relatively small waist in comparison to my hips (14 inch difference last time i checked). i like my shape. someone plus sized or not can be considered curvy... it's a body shape. not a weight. ;)

Ding ding ding! You can be curvy at any size.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I agree curvy is good.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Agreed. People have forgotten what curvy really means. You can be overweight and curvy, you can be skinny and curvy. It just means your waist is smaller than your hips and boobs. I'm curvy. I'm overweight right now but you can still see my curves.

Christina Hendricks (sp?) is curvy. ScarJo is curvy. They are both of course a good weight and in shape. I wouldn't mind having their curvy bodies! LOL
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I've seen curvy women of all sizes, size 4 to size 20. Now, when *I* was a size 20, I really wasn't curvy anymore. I'm glad to have my figure back though!