Anyone using Body by Visalus?

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Why is this thread still happening?

The mods see nothing wrong with it apparently, as previously stated. I mean who would think one person repeatedly starting threads titled "Anyone using Body By Vi?" would lead to some sort of advertising scam?

But remember, don't say anything bad about the product. That's not being supportive. You're allowed to not like asparagus, or lima beans, or diet coke. But if you have something negative to say about one of these drinks you must keep your mouth shut.

I mean people have gone through the hard work to make fake accounts with bs success pics just to sign up here to pitch this stuff to MFP users. Ruining all their hard work isn't what this community is about.

:noway:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

because we're (you, me, Brett, etc) are still posting on it, I would assume.
  • BrettPGH
    Options

because we're (you, me, Brett, etc) are still posting on it, I would assume.

Also this :embarassed:
  • shellybean73
    shellybean73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just signed up,
    And this is crazy,
    But here's my ViShake,
    So buy it, maybe?

LOL, Made my day!:laugh:
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I cancelled my Body by Vi shakes just yesterday... The reasons: 1) $115.00/month for two shakes a day + buying all the fruits, almond milk and things to mix with it was getting expensive. It was not saving me money AT ALL.

2) I was not seeing results after the first week. I gave this program the whole 90 days to work, and it didn't. I believe the trick in the shakes is that people who are completely unhealthy and eat a high calorie breakfast, lunch, and dinner will have success because they drink the shakes & if you are used to having 800 calories in breakfast and then drop down to a 300 calorie shake, then you are going to get FAST results (most likely within the first 90 days you will drop a good amount of weight). I am not knocking the program, but the shakes were not for me. So say, right now you are wanting to replace your breakfast with a shake- a shake (just the mix is 90 calories.. but then you add your almond milk (30 calories), fruits (45-90 calories), and I also added a little Sugar-free, Fat-free Jello mix for flavoring (25 calories) and my average shake would be around 235-250 calories. Now, I dont know about you, but I also still snacked between meals because they (the shakes) did not fill me up. So, I was having at least 200-300 calories more/day with these shakes.

3) The shakes are easy to make. But, they are not condusive to lifestyle that I have. There would be many times where I would have to only drink 1 shake a day because I was always out of the house and could not take my blender in the car. Yes, you can pre-make your shakes- but I noticed if you let them sit for over 6 hours, it gets chunky and gross no matter how much you shake it up to loosen it all.

I still have some shake ingredents left, so I will be finishing out the shakes because I dont like to waste money, but.... this is just my 2 cents & opinion. :)
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I love how some people are ready to bash and report people and products. When people buy stuff from the store and share how great it worked for them, NO ONE bashes or reports them, we encourage the PERSON on how great it works for them. Think about what you say and do.

ViSalus, HerbaLife, or Shakeology or any other product, DO work, if you follow it with diet and exercise. Most of us have used protein shakes... it enhances our fat burning. These products help normal everyday people make 5-10% on the purchase instead of some Corporation Xmart making 90% profit. Research and Learn instead of bashing and report.

Lets respect and encourage each other. <3

Too bad advertising violates the MFP rules. Take it up with them. I'll keep reporting people that try to profit off the MFP population by posting bogus threads to reel people in and then bombard them with advertising materials. I don't care what you think! :flowerforyou:

Isn't showing the results someone has doing Insanity, p90x, 30DS, etc... considered advertising? I don't see anyone reporting those people....
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    Isn't showing the results someone has doing Insanity, p90x, 30DS, etc... considered advertising? I don't see anyone reporting those people....

No one here is trying to sell those videos. If they were it would be the same issue.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Exactly, I thought we all had enough yesterday...
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Next time someone tries to pitch this product to me I'm going to respond with: I'll eat like I'm in a nursing home when I'm IN a nursing home. For now I'll enjoy solid food, thanks. :D
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I understand that these types of products are not for everyone. Fine. You don't need to be rude about it. No one is claiming that this is "magic" or an easy fix by any means. I'm a busy single mom, and these shakes work well for my schedule, and my willpower. I happen to like the taste, and find them to be an easy, FILLING way to get my meals in. I still count calories and work out. I do not, by any means think this is an easy fix. There just isn't one. I talked to my doctor and two personal trainers before trying it, as I was skeptical. SKEPTICAL. Not rude.

You seem like you know your stuff. So I must conclude you have an awful lot of money to burn. I'd rather spend my hard earned cash making my life easier by hiring a house cleaner or something, but to each his own.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    As I sit here at work reading this thread, eating a banana, drinking water, and thinking about going walking or jogging when I get off I think...liquid diets, or meal replacements, what a crock of freakin' BULL!!!
  • smittybuilt19
    Options
    pyrimid schems are illigel and they dont have product and they just partnered with biggest loser in addition Dr Oz has backed this.

Ohhh well then, if Dr.Oz said it, it MUST be true!!!

100% True. Doc Oz is the final answer!!! lol
  • smittybuilt19
    Options

Yeah, there seem to be a lot of hangry people on this thread.

And to think, if I'd never read this I wouldn't be able to add "hangry" to my vocabulary . . . I bow . . . :love:

^^ditto
  • anothersmithm
    Options
    I'm open to anyone who disagrees. Constructively. But there were a lot of rude comments on this thread. Being accused of trying to sell the shakes, thinking they're a "magic" fix, etc. I was ASKING for people who disagree. I wanted to know if people who had reached their weight goal had maintained. That's the feedback I was looking for.
  • anothersmithm
    Options
    Just asking about it. I don't sell it, nor do I plan to. Good grief, can we not just have a discussion?

Does said discussion involve you calling everyone that disagrees with you rude?

Shhhh!

I'm enjoying the hypocrisy, my favorite part of the MFP forums.
    Welcome Back Jof! :flowerforyou:

i second this commotion.

It's possible to disagree with someone without being insulting. I assure you.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'm open to anyone who disagrees. Constructively. But there were a lot of rude comments on this thread. Being accused of trying to sell the shakes, thinking they're a "magic" fix, etc. I was ASKING for people who disagree. I wanted to know if people who had reached their weight goal had maintained. That's the feedback I was looking for.

Well, I asked some genuine questions. I did not mean them with snark, though it may have seemed that way.

Also, I have known people (offline) who have lost weight with Body by Vi but they gained the weight back the moment they stopped using the shakes... so I'm hugely skeptical about it.

To me it just doesn't seem healthy to replace solid food with a drink and there are a lot of people on MFP who feel the same way.
  • anothersmithm
    Options

Well, I asked some genuine questions. I did not mean them with snark, though it may have seemed that way.

Also, I have known people (offline) who have lost weight with Body by Vi but they gained the weight back the moment they stopped using the shakes... so I'm hugely skeptical about it.

To me it just doesn't seem healthy to replace solid food with a drink and there are a lot of people on MFP who feel the same way.

Thank you! That's exactly the feedback I'm looking for, and what I'm concerned about. I'm still counting calories and working out. I basically wanted to jump start the weight loss. Just trying to see if it may work longer term. Thank you!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Next time someone tries to pitch this product to me I'm going to respond with: I'll eat like I'm in a nursing home when I'm IN a nursing home. For now I'll enjoy solid food, thanks. :D

Greatest answer....EVER. :flowerforyou:
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Why must everyone this site be so rude and negative? Someone asked a question...who cares. Isnt this for advice? If she asked about slim fast would this happen? No. It doesnt appear she is trying to sell anything so back off. Geez!!
  • Pami559
    Options
    I am 3 weeks in on Body by Vi and have lost 9 pounds and 5 inches! That is major for me. I love it! I would love to have people to talk about it>