Anyone using Body by Visalus?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Isn't showing the results someone has doing Insanity, p90x, 30DS, etc... considered advertising? I don't see anyone reporting those people....

Because those people don't make money off of the workouts they do and people on here involved in a market scheme such as these shakes are not only endorsing the products, but themselves financially. Same goes for slimfast. If someone were to say, "you should try them. I had major success!" That wouldn't violate the TOS because they won't benefit from others buying them as well.

Big difference.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :
  • amoffatt
    Options
    Hey, I just signed up,
    And this is crazy,
    But here's my ViShake,
    So buy it, maybe?

:laugh: :laugh: I love it. My new BFF!

Edit: because I spelled new with too many w's.
  • amoffatt
    Options
    One of my coworkers is a promoter for Body by Vi and she has tried to get me and some others involved with the program or to buy the products. It's very expensive and a rip off. Another coworker and I just make our own protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, will do an Insanity workout, have a little protein/almond milk shake after the work out, and then we eat a dinner and snacks if we are still hungry. With doing Insanity, I'll earn an extra 800 calories so I'm able to eat whatever I want and still net around 1200 for the day. This is much cheaper then Body by Vi.

I have the same issue with co workers trying to sell Advocare. They say they dont push it but almost every other day.... on FB... ahhh!
  • anothersmithm
    Options
    Why must everyone this site be so rude and negative? Someone asked a question...who cares. Isnt this for advice? If she asked about slim fast would this happen? No. It doesnt appear she is trying to sell anything so back off. Geez!!

THANK YOU!!
  • anothersmithm
    Options
    I am 3 weeks in on Body by Vi and have lost 9 pounds and 5 inches! That is major for me. I love it! I would love to have people to talk about it>

Congrats!! I'm down 15 lbs so far. It's working great, and I LIKE the taste!! If you like coffee, mix that in with some almond milk. It's like a latte.
  • HocuttsX3
    Options
    I am working the BBV system as well. I'm not here to sell anything to anyone but rather get help and encouragement from people who may be also using the shakes to help them trim down! Feel free to add me as your friend if so...
  • Jekapia
    Options
    I just started BBV a week ago and I love it! I have 2 shakes a day and stay under 1200 calories using MyFitnessPal. I can't wait to see my results after Day 90.
  • lte241
    lte241 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes.. i know this thread is old and probably should have stayed buried however...ITS BACK!

My own opinion follows....

I currently weigh about 255 lbs give or take a pound or two. 5 years ago I weighed 215... and I FELT GREAT! 6 months prior to that I weighed... 250. What did I do to shed those pounds. WORK! I worked out,.. Cardio and Strength training, I chose my food a little better and oh yeah.. I worked and earn my weight loss. Drinking a shake is NOT EARNING it. In my opinion it is the LAZY way out. Lets pop a pill or drink a shake that may or may not boost your metabolism and of those whom I do know that are doing the shake thing tell me that it give them VERY loose bowel movements.. but they follow that with " it is all part of the cleansing process" ( that is what they have been told by the " promoter" that hooked them).. sure...but does it really take a month to cleanse? and oh my.. look you are losing weight.. BS! Stop drinking your little shakes and see what happens.. I bet you will plump right back up in no time. Eating correctly mixed with an active lifestyle such as a couple visits to the gym a week.. heck you dont even have to go to the gym.. you can do so much in the comfort of your own home to help yourself. Get your lazy *kitten* off the sofa.. put down the remote... eat fresher foods.. in the RIGHT portions... prepared correctly get a little exercise and yes.. you will lose weight too. A "shake diet" will do it as well and will do it pretty quick from what I have seen, however in my opinion.. and I am sure others... it is the LAZY way of doing it.. EARN it.. you will then have more of an incentive to KEEP it. I myself know I am a fatty.. I blame one person.. MYSELF.. I did this to myself and it is up to ME to get rid of it again. I am the one who has to do it. I have done it before with out a shake or a miracle "weigh loss drug". The problem with most of us FAT Americans is we want the EASY way out and are not willing to put in actual work to make things happen... Hence the $60BILLION weight loss industry according to Forbes.

My weight loss plan.. EXERCISE, EAT CORRECTLY and EARN my slimmer body by WORK AND DEDICATION... not drinking a shake. Sure living the "vi-Life" may look great to some.. I mean I have seen the pictures and read the reviews and even checked out how you can earn a "free" BMW...they forget to remind you of the "results not typical" part... but I am not willing to have to drink a shake a day for the rest of my "Vi- life"...which will only empty my bank account when I could simply just eat right exercise.. I think I would rather live MY LIFE.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    You sound kinda angry.

If someone wants to supplement their meal plan with shakes, that's their business. In the end, if you find something that will work for the rest of your life, who are we to belittle their progress? Just because someone doesn't find your way of doing things working for them, doesn't mean they're wrong or any less deserving of their goals.

Let's have some compassion, here.
  • lte241
    lte241 Posts: 2
    Options
    Nope, I am not kinda angry. You may perceive it as that. ... it certainly is your right to perceive what ever way you wish. As i started out my post I said MY OPINION. MY opinion is that we as Americans are in fact LAZY...we want the easy way for just about everything. Yes there are certainly those whom are the exception. But how exactly do you explain that The United States is the fattest country of all developed countries? The easy fix for some of us is a shake or pill and not taking responsibility for how we got fat. Yes.. yes... I know there are some with issues in their health that cause them to gain weight and I understand that.

How did I get fat? That is an easy answer! Because I ate lots of crap, and did not exercise. Ever hear the saying " Put the Twinkie down!"? Though I actually dis-like Twinkies because I think they taste nasty... I filled my pie hole with any number of other sweets and bad "food".

So I don't really have issue if someone feels the need to replace actual food with a shake...MY opinion is it is the lazy way. I do not think I belittled anyone.. I simply voiced my opinion and what my thoughts are on the subject like what seems like many others had done. I may have done it in a more non-PC way then you would have liked.

You drink your easy shake and feel good about it.... I will work at my goals through eating real foods and exercising my body. We will both achieve our goal in the end and I will know in my heart and mind I EARNED mine through hard work.

I would be interested in seeing what living the "Vi-Life" has done to peoples LONG term health.. not 5 years.... but perhaps 10 and 20 years from now. I have noticed a growing trend of law suits against dietary supplements and the like due to LONG term health damage.

I have compassion as I am a fat guy, oh wait... I am overweight... I simply acknowledge how I got to be this way and embrace it. I also know that the way to make a true change for ME is to eat healthy and exercise. Heck I will even encourage, Keep drinking your shakes! You are doing great!

My opinion.. the real secret for MOST "over weight" people...eat healthier and exercise.
  • anothersmithm
    Options
    FYI, That was the only time I posted it... I don't sell it, and will never sell it. I thought we were all here to be helpful and supportive...

At this point, I have a shake for breakfast and keep track of calories the rest of the day. I don't think there is a "magic cure", and realize that it takes WORK to lose weight. I work out daily as well.

I can't believe the amount of negative, downright nasty comments that this post generated.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    FYI, That was the only time I posted it... I don't sell it, and will never sell it. I thought we were all here to be helpful and supportive...

At this point, I have a shake for breakfast and keep track of calories the rest of the day. I don't think there is a "magic cure", and realize that it takes WORK to lose weight. I work out daily as well.

I can't believe the amount of negative, downright nasty comments that this post generated.
    If the people who sell this stuff didn't make unsupported claims, nobody would have to say anything, and we'd all be happy unicorns.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    And 7 months later...
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

I drink it. I love the Butterfinger recipe. I use it more as a protein shake after my workouts. I can't say my weight loss is from Visalus only or because I count my calories on here or both. I'd say counting calories period.