Jessica Simpson Clueless(why am I surprised?)

Options

Replies

• serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I hate that some women think they should eat as much as they want & anything they want when they're pregnant because they're "eating for two". You're eating for yourself & a fetus. Most women (pregnant w/ 1 child) need roughly 100-300 calories more. They should only gain roughly 15-40 pounds depending on their weight prior to pregnancy.

That I found more dumb than her thoughts that it will all be lost w/ childbirth.

I lost nearly all mine with childbirth. 13 pound gain. 6 pound baby. 2 pounds each for fluid and placents. I left the hospital in my blue jeans.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until she "debuts her new body" and the mags all start saying she shed the pounds and is back to her "pre-baby body" at "110 lbs!"

Please. Homegirl has not weighed 110 lbs since she was 12. Get real, girlfriend.

I read some article claiming that since she's 5'3" her "ideal weight" should be 115 lbs and she was "tipping the scales" at 140 lbs at one point. Really? I'm 5'3", have pretty much the same build as she does, and currently weigh 140 lbs. Ugh. Stupid magazines.

Btw, my favorite part is that she refuses to go running because her boobs are just too big at this point. Right. Put on a couple of sports bras, hit the treadmill, and stop complaining.

Not sure if you have kids and have nursed them, but huge boobies full of milk and trying to run just doesn't work very well. At least it didn't for me when I tried. She would have to put on a bunch of sports bras and tape those things up to make it slightly bareable. They can be QUITE HEAVY, PAINFUL AND LEAKY. Again, I'm only speaking from my experience. Other women may not have a problem with it.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    She may not be the brightest spark, but I'm betting she's much richer than any of us are! So she's obviously successful. Good for her.

She may have gone a little overboard while pregnant, but she's obviously someone who has to watch her weight, and when you're pregnant it's easy to feel out of control of your body as you can't measure weight loss/inch loss or anything. So she just went a little mad when she suddenly didn't have to be tiny for a while. Also, when you go from seriously watching what you eat, to even just eating normally, you can put on weight, especially when pregnant.

I've had 2 children, my 1st at 31 just like Jessica. I'd just lost loads of weight before getting pregnant, and after I had my baby i'd put lots back on. I went to the gym until 35 weeks pregnant and watched what I ate, but I just ate normally and healthily, and didn't restrict the calories as much as I had been. I had my 2nd baby at 33. I'm 34 now and smaller than when I got pregnant with my first, but it took me a year after each one to lose that weight. That's just the way I am.

Also, the comment from someone about her not running because her boobs are too big....she is probably breastfeeding. It it not always comfortable when your boobs are huge and full of milk! Although by 4 months that should've settled.

Anyway, i reckon by next May she will have lost most of it.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I hate that some women think they should eat as much as they want & anything they want when they're pregnant because they're "eating for two". You're eating for yourself & a fetus. Most women (pregnant w/ 1 child) need roughly 100-300 calories more. They should only gain roughly 15-40 pounds depending on their weight prior to pregnancy.

That I found more dumb than her thoughts that it will all be lost w/ childbirth.

I lost nearly all mine with childbirth. 13 pound gain. 6 pound baby. 2 pounds each for fluid and placents. I left the hospital in my blue jeans.
    That's because you didn't gain any extra. Are you just taking the opportunity to brag, or do you seriously not understand what's being said?
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Im just happy they are letting her do weight watchers cause I don't know if I can't stand another weight watcher commerical with that other girl singing....
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I believe she is known for being clueless/dumb so she plays the part. She has made a ton of money doing it.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Shoot, give me 4 mil and a personal trainer and watch me go! :drinker:

And to answer the OP's question, fashion empire or no, people do not tell pregnant women to put the food down. :frown: They also say 'you are eating for two' which is not helpful either. I took that as eat for myself and a teenager. :laugh: :embarassed:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    My problem with this:

She's saying what Weight Watchers wants her to say. She probably did know what she was doing to her body, but maybe didn't care. And if WW can paint her as an "everywoman" it helps them sell product - "Look! I have a hard time losing baby weight too!"

Also, if she's working out with Harvey Pasternak, there is no way she's just walking or doing cardio. At the very least, she's doing body weight exercises. But, strength training isn't going to sell product either. So, she just says she's walking because some mom in the midwest will look at her and think "I can walk - I can look like Jessica Simpson." It's all about the $$$.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for the girl. I think she looks fine the way she is, honestly. It's just that everyone expects to see her looking a certain way, because of how she looked in previous years. It's not that she looks BAD now, she just looks different, and people can't comprehend that for whatever reason. The strict diet that she was on in 2005 when she was rail thin, is not manageable FOR LIFE. Of all people, we here at MFP, should know and understand that. You can't maintain something so extreme. Seems like when she stopped trying so hard at it and started living life and eating like she should have been, she gained the necessary weight and people jumped down her throat. She looks like any other normal, healthy, beautiful girl does walking down the street.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

And to answer the OP's question, fashion empire or no, people do not tell pregnant women to put the food down. :frown: They also say 'you are eating for two' which is not helpful either. I took that as eat for myself and a teenager. :laugh: :embarassed:

And it's really the only time in her life that she thought the public might not abuse her about her weight. She's been in the public eye and scrutinized for every ounce she gains or loses since she was a child for goodness sake. I think she wanted a break! And, as I said before, the ink on the Weight Watcher's contract was already dry before she got pregnant, and they had to push her spokesperson deal back. Losing even more weight on the plan just makes her a better spokesperson.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Hahaha... that is so true... once people started finding out I was pregnant, they would all ask "so are you eating for two now"? It's almost socially acceptible to eat way more than you should while pregnant.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Jessica Simpson gets a lot of attention (and makes a lot f money) every time she says something stupid.

Makes you wonder how truly stupid she really is.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are hard! I ate like crazy for 2 years and that's how I ended up here so FAT!

Haha yeah, but at least you KNEW it wasn't going to magically come off! Girlfriend legit DID NOT KNOW the baby weight wouldn't just magically disappear when she gave birth. Like she was going to give birth to a 70 pound baby or something...

When I had my daughter there was a young girl in the next room that was bawling because she thought her belly would go back perfectly flat as soon as the baby came out. :frown: She wasn't big at all but she seriously thought her belly would be super flat. I wanted to smack her Momma that was holding back laughs while comforting her. She should have warned that poor girl. :laugh:
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I believe she is known for being clueless/dumb so she plays the part. She has made a ton of money doing it.

Like Suzanne Somers and Lucille Ball before her. Laughed all the way to the bank!
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    "Is this chicken, what I'm eating, or is this fish?"

Case rested.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until she "debuts her new body" and the mags all start saying she shed the pounds and is back to her "pre-baby body" at "110 lbs!"

Please. Homegirl has not weighed 110 lbs since she was 12. Get real, girlfriend.

I read some article claiming that since she's 5'3" her "ideal weight" should be 115 lbs and she was "tipping the scales" at 140 lbs at one point. Really? I'm 5'3", have pretty much the same build as she does, and currently weigh 140 lbs. Ugh. Stupid magazines.

Btw, my favorite part is that she refuses to go running because her boobs are just too big at this point. Right. Put on a couple of sports bras, hit the treadmill, and stop complaining.

But that is also the excuse I use! lol!....truth is that I just HATE running :)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed she can remember to breathe in and out honestly.
    couldn't have said it better!
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised b/c she was able to stay in shape for long, so she know SOMETHING about the way her body works. If not, then she's had some sort of dietician or trainer helping her and I'm wondering why she didn't continue seeking their help once she got pregnant.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You were expecting more from someone who didn't know if Chicken of the Sea was tuna or chicken?

Honestly?

Damn, you stole what I was gonna say. :laugh:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    More than likely she was probably joking when she said that comment...lol The magazine probably turned it around as though she was serious. You have to watch what you say in front of the tabloids unfortunately...

Anyways, good for her for indulging. She is lucky that she enjoyed her pregnancy.... She has so much money that losing weight for her might be a bit easier. She can pay a trainer, have a chef make her the right foods, and even have surgery if need be. I am sure she isn't too concerned. The weight will come off one way or another for her.