Woohoo! Congrats.
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You look "GREAT!" :)
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    wow, you're goreous! Before AND after! Very inspirational, thank you for your story!
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Amazing job,you should be very proud of yourself :happy: .
  • KristinWill1023
    KristinWill1023 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I have PCOS as well and it is awful
  • bed2883
    bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • Julietecosse
    Options
    Congrats on your wonderful success.
  • njneedtolose
    njneedtolose Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations. I also have Pcos and this gives me hope. I am curious did the dramatic weight loss leveled your hormones and improved symptoms?
  • ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You looks stunning!!!
  • woodfrag
    Options
    The short version: I stopped eating so much crap and started moving more.

Words to live by...
  • mrsoz22
    mrsoz22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! Great job!
  • missypoo1964
    missypoo1964 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are truely a inspiration!! Way to go girl!!!:bigsmile:
  • missypoo1964
    missypoo1964 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are truely a inspiration!! Way to go girl!!!
  • kristinskalamity
    kristinskalamity Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well and I am having much success with MFP coupled with working out 3x a week at "Curves". I am down 56lbs from April 2011 and down 37lbs since April of this year, which is when when I discovered MFP. Thank you so much for sharing your story and congratulations!! :)
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and pics, you're an inspiration!
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing success in losing weight! I think it's wonderful that you shared your story here, and have done so before. Many of us with PCOS who are floundering or failing need to hear that it is possible to lose and that there is hope.

I was in that category myself back in April of this year. I also have PCOS, and take metformin for it. I've been struggling with cravings and emotional eating. What worked for me was to make just ONE CHANGE AT A TIME. It took about 1.5 years of changing one thing at a time to realize that I was eating out much less frequently, and finally craving almost no food. My hidden stash has remained untouched for months now!

I've dropped 41 lbs by religiously counting my calories on here, exercising 6 days a week, a minimum of 55 minutes, more often 90 minutes, at a time. I have dropped from a muffin-topped very tight size 18 to a loose, "just about ready to go down to the next smaller size" 14. I am almost halfway to my goal. It gets easier the longer I do this. I don't consider it a diet, but a lifestyle change. My cholesterol levels are the lowest they've EVER been (without meds, PCOS had them, at their worst, 1,200, and that's not a typo or a joke), my blood pressure was sneaking up and now it's normal, I feel great and have energy again. I don't get winded just climbing my stairs, and I've even *gasp!* taken up jogging, which I've grown to enjoy.

Good luck to all women with PCOS who are trying to lose weight!
  • kajune16th
    Options
    What a great job!!!! I'm so happy for you....way to go! :bigsmile:
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!