How do you squeeze in time to exercise?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out how to carve out enough time to really exercise. How do you all do it?

BTW, not much I can give up at the moment to accommodate for exercise. I am tapped out.

I wake up naturally pretty early .. between 4-5 every day. (Could have been all those years in the Marine Corps ..lol) however - you simply have to make the time. I walk every morning before breakfast. I walk about 4.5 - almost 5 miles in an hour and 20 minutes. Not a great pace .. but it's mostly uphill so I get a good burn on my legs.

For me - exercising in the morning is best and easiest .. I'm too lazy after lunch or in the evenings. Too tired from my day.

If you're a mom - you simply have to make the time somewhere for yourself .. even if it's 15 minutes several times a day. Walk around your house outside for 15 minutes .. or go up and down your stairs. Do a few stretches or sit-ups or leg lifts .. something. Every teensy bit you incorporate in your day helps!
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I wake up as early as 3 am some mornings usually no later than 4 depending on how much I want to get in. I go to bed anywhere from 7:45-9. Usually earlier on the nights I got up at 3am.

I require at least 30minutes to wake up and get ready then I go. I find its my most productive time and its also my ME/ALONE time which makes it even better - its the only time of day I can be completely to myself and just think about ME!

If you want it - you'll make it happen. even if its just 1-2 days a week. whats about weekends...thats when I get my longest workouts in?
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I don't "squeeze" it in. I can't get the results I want without it, so I make time for it. Maybe I do it before dinner, maybe after, occasionally I'll get up early and do it. I don't make excuses anymore. If I have time to sit and watch one 30 minute sitcom, read 20 pages in a book, take a bath, or whatever else, then I have time to work out.
  • ecicogna
    ecicogna Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    single father, full time job, studying for my masters and active in the community as a volunteer. You make time, your schedule sometimes dictates when that is or you can set aside the time. today I got a decent nights sleep and was able to squeeze in a run and im hopeful after dinner is made and house is cleaned up I can make it to the gym. as everyone else says here, you find the time if you really want to
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Try 30 Day Shred. It is less than 30 minutes for a full body workout.
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I work out in the mornings before a take a shower and get ready for my day. Depending how long you workout it's makes up about 4%-8% of your day. 4%=30mins. When you look at it in these types of terms it easier to make the time.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If you we're diagnosed with cancer and needed to get chemo therapy everyday, how would you fit that in? If there's a will, there is a way... I it my workout into my day planner... Just like I fit taking a shower, eating, brushing my teeth, being on MFP...
    If you have 10 minutes a few times a day... You can do it...
    Jumping rope burns about 10 calories/minute.(segment one) 10 minutes of push ups, crunches body weight squats, lunges (segment 2). A walk with the family after dinner for 10-15 minutes. If its quick you can do a mile in 15 minutes... Get the whole family involved!
    Be creative. While your brushing your teeth (should be 2 minutes for good oral health, do squats, curtsy squats, etc ), if you need to use the bathroom,do walking lunges to and from the bathroom, if you wait for your kids at a bus stop or at an extra curricular activity, get out of your car and do standing push ups against the side of your car or jog in place... All of that activity adds up in a day...
    Make it a priority...