How do you squeeze in time to exercise?

Options

Replies

• klmason1
    Options
    Early morning workouts. I'm up at 520am. Done with Jillian at 6. Place your workout clothes on the dresser so you can hit the floor running. In college we use to sleep in our running clothes, so all we had to do was get out of bed and put shoes on... LOL.. ahhh those were the days...
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Squeeze it in when you can:

If you can't get up too much earlier, get up just a little earlier (enough to walk on the treadmill or outside for 10-15 minutes)

Take a 10-15 minute walk at lunch

Dance for 10-15 minutes before making dinner (or take a walk before or after dinner)

Where there is a WILL there is a WAY...I guarantee ya....

I was working 15 hour days with a 3 hour (round trip, sometimes 4) commute and I still found time to get at least 30 minutes of exercise in EVERY DAY!!! You can do it too....it has to be a PRIIORITY!!! and you HAVE TO WANT TO DO IT!!
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I squeeze one out when I get home from work

dying

LMHO! :laugh:
  • SAMSON25
    SAMSON25 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Reprioritize, then worry about how to squeeze in everything else.
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    I started out walking at lunchtime at work...when I figured out that I was walking 2 miles in just under 30 minutes and I'd have to run/jog parts of it and get ridiculously sweaty, I decided it was time to go back to the gym. My alarm goes off at 4am. I have some exercises I do at home, but I'm usually to the gym by 5. Granted, I'm in bed by 10 at the latest every night, but it's what I had to do, and I'm so glad I did! It's not always easy, but with hard work comes great rewards!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Early morning workouts. I'm up at 520am. Done with Jillian at 6. Place your workout clothes on the dresser so you can hit the floor running. In college we use to sleep in our running clothes, so all we had to do was get out of bed and put shoes on... LOL.. ahhh those were the days...

I did this too....slept in my workout clothes; so all I had to do it put on my clothes (oh and I packed my breakfast, lunch and snacks for work every night and dinner too if it was possible I'd be working late)
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    If you can try to get a workout buddy! Even someone on here. They do not have to physically be with you at the gym. How about someone you can call or vice versa at maybe 15 minutes before you HAVE to get up.

So---you call at 5am. Hi --ready to workout? Your buddy says Absolutely! And you both commit your to a ten minute work-out and call each other after you've completed it.
    "Hey! How'd it go?" Great---talk to you tomorrow!

I used to do that--It made a HUGE difference. Pm me if you want video clips-URLS of 10 minutes workouts---

Just start with ten minutes----then each week---add five more minutes
    Go on---eat the elephant! a tiny bite at a time.

Hope that was helpful--you CAN do it!
  • dbparra
    Options
    Congrats on meeting your first goal!!
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    If you can't set aside a big block of time to workout then try doing 2 or 3 mini workouts. I have a big living room so I have room for the treadmill, elliptical etc. I can hop on during a show I want to watch or while dinner is cooking. Sometimes I will just do lunges on my way from one room to the other (better not to do this if company is over) I also have an aerobics bench and free weights that I leave out and will do a few minutes. But, I always get up around 0400 and that gives me time to do 30 minutes before work and still have coffee.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    If you want to do it, you'll figure out where you can make time. Wake up earlier, go to sleep later, work out during your lunch hour - everyone is busy, but you have to make the time for it.

exactly!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I walk all stairs, walk after dinner, and walk to work and anytime I reasonably can.

I do ab exercises lying in bed and sitting on the couch and helping my son do homework.

I stretch in the kitchen when cooking.

I'm too lazy to go to the gym. But the muscles are coming.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Easy - just as you schedule anything and everything else in your life you add in 30-120 min of exercise!! SIMPLE!!!

Even when there is no time there is time..... park further away at the grocery, take the stairs at work, take a 30min lunch break vs 60 and walk.....

No excuses just do it!
  • SariC3
    SariC3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Look up HIIT workouts or Tabatas (4 minute cycles) - they are tough but can fit into anyone's schedule
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Simple exercise is a priority, so I make time for it I don't have to squeeze it in.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    not much I can give up at the moment to accommodate for exercise. I am tapped out.

how much tv do you watch? how much time do you spend on the internet?
  • AlieBalie
    AlieBalie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can't get up earlier. I know that sounds like a cop-out, and many people can, but with my two toddlers I am just exhausted and I realized life is too short to be miserable getting out of bed. So I am starting with something I know I can do. A fifteen minute T-TAPP video per day. I fit this in whenever I can find time, Yesterday was after dinner, today was this morning when my husband was watching the kids. I figure once I become consistent with this, I will add something else to my routine, but I have a history of doing to much too soon and getting burnt out, so I'm starting small.
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    Between 2 competitive soccer playing kids & running my own business time is a precious commodity for me too. It all comes down to priorities, if exercise is important you'll find the time (it may involve getting up earlier in the morning but.....)

same lifestyle here too! I workout from 4am-6am mon-fri weekends off
  • wickedboots
    Options
    how much tv do you watch? how much time do you spend on the internet?
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    It all comes down to: How bad do you want it?

Find the time.
  • mnlght535
    Options
    I used to say the same thing. I was finishing my degree (so lots of studying and time at the university), helping out with my 2 kids, my grandchild, spending time with my husband and family, taking care of the house, etc. I still found time to go on the internet and to watch tv and take a nap, but I could never find even 15-30 min to exercise. It comes down to priorities. If you were to schedule out exactly how you spend your day, you'd find the time. Make exercise a priority, I'm certain you won't regret it. Now, I make the time to exercise everyday (some days just for 15-20 minutes) but most other days 1 hour or more. It's one of the best decisions I have made and I actually look forward to exercising now. Good luck in your journey. :smile: