Man to Man: A Support System for Men

Options

Replies

• mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    I would think after enough time, it gets to be like riding a bike... you don't even think about what your doing, you just do it.
  • gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys

I just wanted to share some exciting news with you. I made it through the plateau phase!!! I was shedding some inches (in all right places), but my weight was remaining the same. I was and am really happy that I did not gain any weight during this phase.

I am not bragging here, I just wanted to share my experience so that other guys will not give up during their own plateau phase. I must admit that there were times during this phase that I wondered why was I working so hard and the scale was looking the same. It can be frustrating, but you can overcome this. I had to realize that I was doing good and I was not going to stop because I simply because the scale did not agree with my hard work and committment.

I found other ways to look at the positive impact of my hardwork: My wife is eating healthier, my kids enjoy exercising with me, and my friends and co-workers are starting to become more proactive in their eating and exercise habits.

I have learned that the plateau is as much mental as it is physical. Learning to maintain your focus and your motivation is very crucial during this time. But it can be done. I did it and you guys can too!!!

Have a great day men
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I would think after enough time, it gets to be like riding a bike... you don't even think about what your doing, you just do it.

Hey Guys,

I totally agree. I'm a repeat eater. I can eat the same thing for breakfast snack, lunch every day. As long as it taste good I have no problem with the new food habits. Then for dinner, I just have some protein and light carbs.

Casper - How's that skateboard thingy going?

gr8dad - that's an awesome feeling, I also just broke a plateau 3 wks-1mth I was fluctuating, and now started eating more calories and dropped a few lbs the next week.

uhhhhhh The fast food. I laughed when I read the posts, but didn't have anything at the moment, well I forgot once recently.

I haven't eaten any McDonalds, Burger king or any fast food burger/fries for almost a year.
    Except a month or so ago, we had some nephews over, and their mom bought them McDonalds. They asked me, I got a grilled chicken. When I got it, I took off the bottom bun and just ate the top bun and chicken and thought I would have about 7 french fries from the kids. No big deal right.

The next day, I was in the washroom repeatedly getting flushed out.
    From 1/2 a bun, chicken breast and 7 French fries. I guess the body knows to get this crap out of the body.:laugh:

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Happy Easter Everyone! How was everyone's day?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Casper - How's that skateboard thingy going?
    Every time I get on it I wobble out of control for 5 minutes, like I have to learn to skate all over again. Fun though, use it occasionally. Weather just now really getting nice enough for it.

Easter was good, had fun, ate bad. Will get back on track now. Lots of work to do this week replacing the fridge and reabuilding kitchen cab's to make room for the wider fridge. Lots of work, hope the view is worth the climb.
  • darman
    darman Posts: 269
    Options
    hey losers and builders - can anyone help me with some nutrition questions........?
    I have my mfp set to:
    carbs 50%
    protein 30%
    fat 20%
    Is this a good setup - workouts are 5 -6 days a week - 60-90 minutes per - average burn 600 cal's - 3 days of cardio / 3 days of weights / circuit training

I await the all profound wisdom of my compadres......................
  • CasperO
    Options
    Kind'a depends, what're you trying to do? Your profile says you're looking to drop another 9 pounds or so. So you're still cutting weight?

If that's the case then I'd guess you're close. Maybe a little carb'ish. How big is your calorie deficit?
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Ratio is ok, I was going to ask you what foods you were eating, but I thought I'd check to see if diary is open :tongue:

IMO
    - Food choices are pretty good, except for those bad treats.:laugh:
    - Perhaps you should display FAT as a category in your diary instead of Sat Fat
    - Try to eat 5-6 meals instead of 4. I saw a few meals that were 600-700ish. Eat half and then eat the other half later.
  • darman
    Options
    Kind'a depends, what're you trying to do? Your profile says you're looking to drop another 9 pounds or so. So you're still cutting weight?

If that's the case then I'd guess you're close. Maybe a little carb'ish. How big is your calorie deficit?
    well mfp gives you a 500 cal deficit - then with my exercise cal's i am another 5-600 a day deficit
    I have hit the plateau though - 174 for like 3 weeks now
  • darman
    Options
    Ratio is ok, I was going to ask you what foods you were eating, but I thought I'd check to see if diary is open :tongue:

IMO
    - Food choices are pretty good, except for those bad treats.:laugh:
    - Perhaps you should display FAT as a category in your diary instead of Sat Fat
    - Try to eat 5-6 meals instead of 4. I saw a few meals that were 600-700ish. Eat half and then eat the other half later.
    i do try to eat more than 4 a day - but the others - the mid morning and mid afternoon snacks are really not meals - most of the time i do split larger meals up but i dont list it that way in mfp just the totals

as for the treats - that is why i exercise like i do - i do enjoy my treats - i have classes on monday and tuesday nights that is where those come from - the other nights are better
  • darman
    Options
    btw - that was great info - much appreciated - keep it coming - need to get past this 174 stalemate
  • darman
    Options

well mfp gives you a 500 cal deficit - then with my exercise cal's i am another 5-600 a day deficit
    I have hit the plateau though - 174 for like 3 weeks now
    my goal is 165 - i am working out like crazy as i said before - 3 days cardio / 3 days weights / circuit average calorie burn from exercise is about 600
    i am trying to stay around 1800 calories a day - with mfp's deficit and exercise that should be 1k deficit a day - 500 from mfp and at least 500 from exercise
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Any of you guys that are running have any suggestions for securing your brat and potatoes. Lets just say I got rubbed raw the other day. :embarassed:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Any of you guys that are running have any suggestions for securing your brat and potatoes. Lets just say I got rubbed raw the other day. :embarassed:

Duct tape?
  • mromnek
    Options

Duct tape?

Duct tape sounds good, 'cept it is hard on the saurkraut when you remove it!!!!
  • operator
    operator Posts: 53
    Options
    Uggg!! Been a long time but I am back. Going to try this again guys and this time I am not going to stop......

Can I get an Amen!!!!!????!!!
  • CasperO
    Options
    Onward,,,

So what happened?
  • operator
    operator Posts: 53
    Options
    Well I kinda just fell off the wagon. it did not help that I really hurt my hand and my shoulder, but I just started eating a bunch of crap, drinking a bunch of soda, and just basically stopped training. Sad.....
  • mromnek
    Options
    Casper...
    I think you need to get some of the aforementioned duct tape... it appears your hair slid down your face!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • darman
    Options

Duct tape?

Duct tape sounds good, 'cept it is hard on the saurkraut when you remove it!!!!

well........if the duct tape doesn't work for you get some underwear w / sculptured pouches - they work really well