Options
    Love them!! Thanks for the motivation!!
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Cassie8877
    Options
    yup so now i dont want to be sitting at my desk! lol <3 this!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It's not bashing skinny people,, it's bashing people whose sole aim is to be skinny regardless of anything else. That's not a healthy goal.

Exactly. It's not that people say skinny is bad. "All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are square" remember that saying from elementary school? You can be fit, healthy, and skinny, but being skinny doesn't mean you are fit, and can often mean you are unhealthy.

Thanks for the motivational pictures :) Needed them this morning!!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    But why is skinny and fit mutually exclusive here? All this "Fit is the new skinny" "Skinny looks good in clothes, fit looks good naked" "I want to be fit and healthy not skinny" .. all of this imply that you have to be one or another. are yoga teachers or rock climbers or long distance runners not fit and healthy? They are and yet they are skinny. That's why I said that it rubbs me in a wrong way. Why can't it be profitness yet not bashing thin people?

They're not mutually exclusive, the point it's making is that one should aspire to be fit, not skinny.

"Fit is the new skinny" is born from the realisation that it is no longer wise to promote 'skinny' as being a sensble goal. It isn't a yoga teachers goal to be skinny, it's to be fit, healthy and supple. It isn't a rock climbers goal to be skinny, it's to be strong, fit, athletic, powerful and flexible. It isn't a long distance runner's goal to be skinny, it's to be fit, have endurance, and have a lean phisique.

It's not bashing skinny people,, it's bashing people whose sole aim is to be skinny regardless of anything else. That's not a healthy goal.

Not only that but, just because your skinny, doesnt mean your fit! My Step-Sister isnt fat and has been skinny for most of her life and she will be the FIRST to tell you that she is far from fit and is SO FAR from being in shape!

Aspring to be skinny can sometimes lead to those with Eating Disorders as well. It is mainly saying that you should look at being healthy and not just skinny. Being fit and healthy will LEAD to being "skinny" for YOU!!

Not stereotyping myself but, I KNOW if I am Skinny, I wont look right because of my broad stature...but, being healthy and fit I will look amazing!
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    "Skinny looks good in clothes, fit looks good naked" - how is that not bashing? You put those two things as contradiction. It is either this or that.
    I am perfectly awear that there are people who can be categorised as skinny who are not fit at all and I personally know people like that. Just like there are crazy build guys gym bunnies who created those muscles with a strong help from steroids or hormones. Yet, I don't see anyone writing how they want to be healthy and not muscled. It is the same thing. You can be unhealthy at any shape or size, yet it is skinny people that you guys single out.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    "Skinny looks good in clothes, fit looks good naked" - how is that not bashing? You put those two things as contradiction. It is either this or that.
    I am perfectly awear that there are people who can be categorised as skinny who are not fit at all and I personally know people like that. Just like there are crazy build guys gym bunnies who created those muscles with a strong help from steroids or hormones. Yet, I don't see anyone writing how they want to be healthy and not muscled. It is the same thing. You can be unhealthy at any shape or size, yet it is skinny people that you guys single out.

Ok there is a certain ammount of genaralisation that has to take place - has to for the sake of motivational pictures! "Nothing will work unless you do" is great motivation but I'm sure it isn't factually ciorrect for everyone!

Skinny looks good in clothes, fit looks good naked is making the point that GENERALLY fit will look good naked. Skinny might, but might not

As for the point about muscles. You don't think steroid users get singled out? I have honestly never seen a single comment that condones steroid use! They're widely frowned upon.

"I want bigger muscles" infers that the person wants to gain muscles healthily - not to inject themselves with steroids
    "I want to be a faster runner" infers they want to train harder - not to take enhancing drugs
    "I want a promotion" infers that someone wants to work his way up the ladder - not to murder the boss!

They don't need singling out - the inferrence is there
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ok, I guess we won't agree. you don't find anything wrong with this, I do.

I guess I will just post the stuff I find motivational and inspiring that are not singling one or bashing any body type.

tumblr_m5ne9aM5hW1ryyq31o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m93oaynXV71ry4r3zo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ma4w8wPc7Y1r1n07ho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ma4vc9cJUP1r1n07ho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ma4v0rwupv1rffjqwo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m93w05KqSV1ryugvbo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m958dn67bF1rxr8pqo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_ma4q3rYB6X1rbti7ro1_500.png
    tumblr_ma4pu2KEHL1ro2n8bo1_400.png
    tumblr_ma4pi2QW8j1ra09yqo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ma4oasXCVp1rcgh4eo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ma4mqvEXWk1rdmh8to1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ma4hs7BIS21rcbnbco1_500.jpg
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Yep the victory is quite sweet. I love it. The journey is well worth it when you achieve your goal. And all the tools you learn along the way are not a waist of time. They all come into play in maintenance. Everything you do now is merely honing your sword for the battle and you still have to keep it sharp when maintaining. It's a lifelong journey.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Love them all!!!!!!!!!! Thanks :happy:
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I totally needed these. These are amazing!! I think my fave and the one that reached me the most "If you started working out when you first thought about it you'd be done by now." Because I ALWAYS think about it, but then I think other wise. I just need to do it!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    love these
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Great motivation! Thanks for sharing everyone!
  • NC2001
    NC2001 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great pics! I should print some of these out and place them on my wall.
  • Melisa25
    Options
    :smile: This was a great way to start a great week! Thank you!!! :smile:
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    right well u cant please every1 like dont take things to heart so easy
  • sarahmoo12
    Options
    o n to be fair if i was skinny i wouldnt be trying to get fit / loose weight !! it was just a picture calm down lol !! I love that no matter what there is always something wrong with something on these posts....
    Again calm down dont take it to heart.... take it to bed its warmer lol x
  • sarahmoo12
    Options
    weights.jpg

keep-calm-and-get-fit-30.png

healthy-woman-b.jpg

get_active.jpg

fit-1.jpg
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    o n to be fair if i was skinny i wouldnt be trying to get fit / loose weight !! it was just a picture calm down lol !! I love that no matter what there is always something wrong with something on these posts....
    Again calm down dont take it to heart.... take it to bed its warmer lol x

Well, people log on this site for many reasons not just loosing weight. No need to be an *kitten*. Ridiculating other people just because they don't like something you posted is is not cool at all.

Nor is calling them an *kitten*

I'm sorry but simply pointed out something I didn't like and discussed it with people and she started rediculating me. I think it means she acted like an *kitten*. We don't have to agree on this but there is no need to act like that.

Maybe not, but essentially she said 'calm down' and you called her an *kitten*

Anyway, it's not really my argument so I'll bow out
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    love them all, thanks for sharing :flowerforyou: