Foods that make you .............(AHEM) go..........

Options

Replies

• Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds make for a big boom boom.
  • Kristin_Burleigh
    Options
    Sunflower seeds. Never fails!
  • deadbambi
    Options
    coffee. CHERRIES. or constant fruit eating. xD
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My doctor recommended this and I do it any time I get stopped up. WARM prune juice (preferablly no sugar added). I only do a 1/2 cup and it does the trick.
  • Wheatbran should help you - 3g fibre per ONE tablespoon.
    It's inexpensive, but I'm not entirely sure if they sell it in the states. I know in the UK it's sold under the brand "Jordans".
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^yes I forgot about these
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds. Never fails!
    yess sunflower seeds works very well
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Definetly youghurt. All sorts of yougurts. Rye bread as well!

Oh, strangely, a whole bottle of cold chocholatemilk lile Yazoo. Almost immediate results :O
    Options
    Have you tried fibre pills, or the new PGX pills ? They are also fibre pills. Two before breakfast, lunch and dinner ea with a large glass of water will have you regular in no time irregardless of what you eat. Or simply fibre mix as recommended on label one glass full before each meal. All natural inulin fibre.
  • pennyknipprath
    pennyknipprath Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I live in Colorado as well and I can confirm we need to drink more water than most, becuase of the dry climate. Be sure your drinking at least 64 to 72 oz of water.

Next eat lots of vegetables and cut back on meat & Dairy.
    Finally if your not eating enough it can slow down the process. Sometimes just making sure we eat just a little more does the trick.

I have recently chosen to be more of a Vegan/Vegetarian meaning very little meat of any kind, very little dairy. I have been having regular, ahem... movement since.
  • shan1204
    Options
    Corn.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    When I was a wee little kid (3 or 4), I refused to eat both sweet potatoes and raisins (together or separately), because even though they tasted good, a poorly-timed stomach bug caused me to associate them with chronic diarrhea. I must have eaten some of each within a day or two or something. I dunno. But anyway, I finally tried sweet potatoes and raisins again when I was in my 20s, and surprise! No scoots. But they do help things along sometimes when I'm feeling a little bit stopped up.

Fiber One bars, although there's typically more "smoke" than "fire," if you catch my drift. (And I hope you don't, because, peeewww.)

Apple juice, prune juice, black coffee, plain hot water...
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars. Delicious, but you BETTER have just one!
  • SouffleBoy
    SouffleBoy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I tried nearly nearly all the food mentioned in the thread and none them works for me as a laxatives. The only things that actually work as a laxatives are laxatives. I'm guess I'm strange in that respect?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, I only get that issue when I go away from home and have a diet change, since I usually have a Ib+ of veggies and several fruits per day, but if I do get issues, prunes and prune juice get me moving pretty well.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    coffee
  • Kattywhompus
    Kattywhompus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try to drink as much water as you can. Also, eating anything with pro biotics will help. FRUITS ARE AMAZING and so is coffee. All of those things? Success.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    By the way did you know you can say Poop and even (kinda) *kitten* on MFP and not get banned?
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    ground flax seed
  • _KatieKat
    Options
    Slim Mate Dieters Tea, works well, works fast!