• ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I agree.... :)
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    FUDGE!!!!! I just ate a banana =(

Carbs are not bad for you! That is not the point of the story here - too much is bad - just like too much of anything is bad.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    i wish i could copy this!!! So true and bananas are just as fattening as cookies!!!!!

Assuming you stop at one....
    Yeah its the bananas...not all the other crap you ate.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    **** but i REALY love potato's...
  • ciaobella47
    ciaobella47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fat Head (which you can watch free on Hulu right now) has a lot of good info in it. Imperfect but it makes a point.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I LOVE bananas! Lost lots of weight while enjoying 1 or 2 a day.:wink:
    I LOVE white rice but stay away from it. Brown rice for me. :smile:
    Rarely eat Potatoes or White bread. Whole wheat pastas. Yum!
  • bombedpop
    bombedpop Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs and am not fat, nor do I have whatever cravings your cartoon shows. So, um, theory wrong. Calories in/calories out, take in more than you burn and you are certain to gain weight/be overweight.

But whatever makes y`all happy.

Also, all caps + arrows = annoying.

Then why are you reading this feed?

Just because something works for you does not mean it works for everyone sweetheart.

But your argument is that carb consumption universally causes obesity and weight gain, ~sweetheart~.

Like I said, whatever makes you happy.
    __
    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/11/nyregion/just-what-killed-the-diet-doctor-and-what-keeps-the-issue-alive.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm
  • CATindeeHAT
    Options
    I eat carbs and am not fat, nor do I have whatever cravings your cartoon shows. So, um, theory wrong. Calories in/calories out, take in more than you burn and you are certain to gain weight/be overweight.

But whatever makes y`all happy.

Also, all caps + arrows = annoying.

Then why are you reading this feed?

Just because something works for you does not mean it works for everyone sweetheart.

But your argument is that carb consumption universally causes obesity and weight gain, ~sweetheart~.

Like I said, whatever makes you happy.
    __
    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/11/nyregion/just-what-killed-the-diet-doctor-and-what-keeps-the-issue-alive.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

But your argument is that carb consumption universally causes obesity and weight gain ----> Nowhere did I say that. Please read my comments before assuming. I said that it's a balancing act, too much of anything can cause problems.

I was simply sharing a poster that I think is cute and shares some good information with my MFP friends.

I really hope you don't judge everyone as quickly as you judged me - what a sad, dark, little world that would be to live in. Your hostility just makes you look sad and desperate.
  • bombedpop
    bombedpop Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    lulz
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    uh.... i just ate 2 bananas. so you're telling me that i basically ate two cookies? cookies; which contain butter, eggs, white flour, and a ton of other crap?

i beg to differ.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Fat Head (which you can watch free on Hulu right now) has a lot of good info in it. Imperfect but it makes a point.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879

LOVE this!! lmao.... Only watched the 1st 20 min... but ... def worth the watch!
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    I LOVE bananas! Lost lots of weight while enjoying 1 or 2 a day.:wink:
    I LOVE white rice but stay away from it. Brown rice for me. :smile:
    Rarely eat Potatoes or White bread. Whole wheat pastas. Yum!

hey girl i lost the same ammt of weight as you! and likewise, i ate 1-2 bananas a day :):)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I love love love fats as a paleo eater, but carbs have their place too!
    Sweet potatoes are a god send :]

I am sucker for sweet potatoes...

EVERYONE HERE NEEDS TO KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE POSTERS DO NOT SUGGEST THAT YOU NEVER EAT A SINGLE CARBOHYDRATE
    >>> If you think that then you get an F for critical thinking.

Rather, they suggest that you LIMIT your carbohydrate consumption. Fats, proteins, and total calorie intake matter to
    > the key is BALANCE.
    How can you obtain BALANCE if you limit one of the three vital micro nutrients?
  • CATindeeHAT
    Options
    I love love love fats as a paleo eater, but carbs have their place too!
    Sweet potatoes are a god send :]

I am sucker for sweet potatoes...

EVERYONE HERE NEEDS TO KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE POSTERS DO NOT SUGGEST THAT YOU NEVER EAT A SINGLE CARBOHYDRATE
    >>> If you think that then you get an F for critical thinking.

Rather, they suggest that you LIMIT your carbohydrate consumption. Fats, proteins, and total calorie intake matter to
    > the key is BALANCE.
    How can you obtain BALANCE if you limit one of the three vital micro nutrients?

Balance blood sugar by controlling insulin release (i.e. controlling carbs).
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options

wow makes me sad about bannanas :sad: good thing is i eat em at random and lik half at a time... i know there really good for you too though.. potassium....
    ya I agree with this cute article/grap you posted! my sister lost wt and FAST on low carb.. no refined carbs... but she struggles a lot too cuz its not always practical!!! like going out to eat/places.. and then she always feels like shes "cheating" if she eats carbs(breads etc).. why I like the variety calorie 'plan'.... but it is true.. yes a calorie is a calorie.. but the break down is diff in your body!! you burn certain cals faster.. like you would burn "x" amount of veggies faster then 'x' amount of ice cream!! (even if same cals)... I just like feeling not deprived.. but I do have a mini goal i want to reach by nov 3rd.. so if im not closer soon then I may think to way lower my carbs!!! thanks for the post
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Misinformation. Over-simplifications. Cherry picked "science".

There's nothing wrong with the low-carb life style, but there's nothing wrong with eating carbs too. People will be successful on any diet they can stick with.
    This is the truth.
    eat less move more.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I eat my 5 a day, then I eat whatever the hell I like as long as it's within my calorie allowance and I lose weight. Sod counting carbs as well as calories.
  • danaweston
    Options
    OM great explanation!!!! I just showed this to my husband the carb-o-holic
    thanks for the very easy to understand info
  • danaweston
    Options
    what are IGF-1 ????

Carbs are killing you...
    Protein is killing you faster. Newer research has identified high levels of IGF-1 have been linked to decreased life span, health, and brain aging. You know where IGF-1 is found mostly? In protein.