Replies

• jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    What's up with all the banana bashing today? I love bananas :ohwell:

ohhh me too ;)

Me three. Bananas rock.

your butt rocks too <3

Probably because I eat one or more bananas every day!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Whoever made those posters are clearly biased, wrong, and to be honest it just burns me up to even read it.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Did you know that cancer cells cannot live without sugar, and in fact feed on sugar?

PLEASE prove this nonsense...
  • greencup13
    greencup13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    xx
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So why is pasta better than rice on this poster and white rice will make you feel more full? Am I misreading this?
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    GOD bless you.... I need a boost like this from time to time and it showed up today just when I needed it in the worst way...

thank you so much

Bill

Type 2 diabetic..and low carber for life.....

Your very welcome Bill. Sometimes when an issue is looked at from health or other perspectives, it's a little clearer to understand. Dr Atkins is certainly one of my hero's. :-)
  • laelafaye
    Options
    Notice how I said sugar, not glucose. All carbs turn into glucose once digested. We need carbs to live, we need glucose to produce cells, good cells, or bad cells, but sugar ( white sugar ) has only negative effects on the system. I'm sorry I didn't specify. I was not trying to start some duel, there would be no message boards without people stating their experiences. Good for all of you who can stay thin or lose weight while still consuming sugars, I wish that were the case with me but its not. :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I think there is a huge misconception related to low carbing. I am in full support of low carb, but that does not mean I never eat a carb, ahem, veggies are carbs. I love veggies. Every one has a slightly different metabolic rate, but I know for a fact my mother and I will only ever stay slim/lose weight by eating nothing but protein and vegetable carbs with the occassional ( as in once or twice a week ) whole grain carb meal. The truth is, the majority of Western civilization is addicted to sugar. White refined, donut forming sugar. It is the slow burning, phytonutrient, antioxidant carbohydrates that need to be the ONLY carbs the world eats or else everyone will soon be 400lbs and diabetic. Did you know that type 2 diabetes can be cured by cutting out sugars, yes, cured! I have seen it many times. High cholestrol, cured with sugar withdrawl. Did you know that cancer cells cannot live without sugar, and in fact feed on sugar? Before smack talking those who support low carb please try to understand what they're saying fully. There are breads and bagels that can be made to have 2-5 net carbs just by using whole, unrefined, complete food ingredients....thats the kind of low carber I want to be.
    Humans have been consuming sugar since 800 BC. It's only in the last 30 years that people have started gaining weight. Sugar consumption has actually stayed EXACTLY THE SAME in the last 40 years. You might want to actually research what you're talking about before you rattle off all kinds of nonsense. Type 2 Diabetes cannot be CURED just by cutting carbs. It's a tool to help control it, but Diabetes is incurable. If someone "cured" their Diabetes, it means they never actually had Diabetes. All cells feed on sugar, whether cancerous or not, sugar (glucose) is the body's main fuel source, and can be made from protein and fat.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Calories in, calories out.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Erghem, haters.

I really like the infographic. To me, it's showing that a diet rich in carbs (and especially highly-processed/refined ones) can have a very negative impact on your health and potentially your waistline. The keyword being RICH.

Carbs have their place, especially complex ones.

I did not get the impression the info was stating an elimination of carbs, or bananas, or cookies for that matter were called for...it's more of a eat this, rather than that type of graphic - not an eat this and NEVER eat that.

Balance and common sense says, everything in moderation (especially cookies, hehe.) I think the graphics are merely trying to point out that fats and proteins can be better for you if they are the majority of your diet, rather than vice versa.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    What's up with all the banana bashing today? I love bananas :ohwell:

ohhh me too ;)

Me three. Bananas rock.

your butt rocks too <3

Probably because I eat one or more bananas every day!

We have lots of fresh bananas in florida *nudge* *wink* =D
  • laelafaye
    Options
    I think there is a huge misconception related to low carbing. I am in full support of low carb, but that does not mean I never eat a carb, ahem, veggies are carbs. I love veggies. Every one has a slightly different metabolic rate, but I know for a fact my mother and I will only ever stay slim/lose weight by eating nothing but protein and vegetable carbs with the occassional ( as in once or twice a week ) whole grain carb meal. The truth is, the majority of Western civilization is addicted to sugar. White refined, donut forming sugar. It is the slow burning, phytonutrient, antioxidant carbohydrates that need to be the ONLY carbs the world eats or else everyone will soon be 400lbs and diabetic. Did you know that type 2 diabetes can be cured by cutting out sugars, yes, cured! I have seen it many times. High cholestrol, cured with sugar withdrawl. Did you know that cancer cells cannot live without sugar, and in fact feed on sugar? Before smack talking those who support low carb please try to understand what they're saying fully. There are breads and bagels that can be made to have 2-5 net carbs just by using whole, unrefined, complete food ingredients....thats the kind of low carber I want to be.
    Humans have been consuming sugar since 800 BC. It's only in the last 30 years that people have started gaining weight. Sugar consumption has actually stayed EXACTLY THE SAME in the last 40 years. You might want to actually research what you're talking about before you rattle off all kinds of nonsense. Type 2 Diabetes cannot be CURED just by cutting carbs. It's a tool to help control it, but Diabetes is incurable. If someone "cured" their Diabetes, it means they never actually had Diabetes. All cells feed on sugar, whether cancerous or not, sugar (glucose) is the body's main fuel source, and can be made from protein and fat.
    Notice how I said sugar, not glucose. All carbs turn into glucose once digested. We need carbs to live, we need glucose to produce cells, good cells, or bad cells, but sugar ( white sugar ) has only negative effects on the system. I'm sorry I didn't specify. I was not trying to start some duel, there would be no message boards without people stating their experiences. Good for all of you who can stay thin or lose weight while still consuming sugars, I wish that were the case with me but its not. :)
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My eyes just exploded.
  • laelafaye
    Options
    Maybe there is nonsense in everyones post, everyones different. I am not a doctor, I don't claim to be. I have just witnessed many people lose weight and be taken off of their T2 diabetes meds and high cholestrol meds while on a low carb, zero refined sugar diet. I'm not a scientist, I speak from experience and information I have been taught by conventions led by scientists. Im sorry if you do not agree
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    *love*
  • pebbles278
    pebbles278 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cute, I agree! My personal trainer tells me this all the time,She prefer I hve egg whites with bacon in the morning.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Maybe there is nonsense in everyones post, everyones different. I am not a doctor, I don't claim to be. I have just witnessed many people lose weight and be taken off of their T2 diabetes meds and high cholestrol meds while on a low carb, zero refined sugar diet. I'm not a scientist, I speak from experience and information I have been taught by conventions led by scientists. Im sorry if you do not agree
    That's because WEIGHT LOSS helps control diabetes and reduce cholesterol. It has nothing to do with the carbs themselves. Refined sugar is no different than any other sugar, it's just glucose and fructose. No different than what you find in all fruits.
  • laelafaye
    Options
    That's because WEIGHT LOSS helps control diabetes and reduce cholesterol. It has nothing to do with the carbs themselves. Refined sugar is no different than any other sugar, it's just glucose and fructose. No different than what you find in all fruits.
    Thats what they want you to believe....
  • laelafaye
    Options
    Thats what they want you to believe....
    Without sick people the pharmaceutical business would die, oh no! Then what would happen?
  • emzmc
    emzmc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Misinformation. Over-simplifications. Cherry picked "science".

There's nothing wrong with the low-carb life style, but there's nothing wrong with eating carbs too. People will be successful on any diet they can stick with.

This