Yes I AM fat!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I just do not respond, unless I really do think they don't look fat. Then I will say so. Very sensitive subject, but I'm not going to lie to them and say I don't see a problem.... come on.
  • lilmoto200
    Options
    awesome response. Just do your work, get it done. It's all up to you anyway Nobody else made you fat. No need to make everyone uncomfortable because you are unhappy with your self. Sorry you are so angry though.
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Let's say you have a dating profile(I did at one time).... and you list yourself as PLUS SIZE. Man comes along and see full pics of me around 200 at the time, and says'

HIM: you aren't THAT big and shouldn't be listing yourself as PLUS size.
    ME: OK, glad you feel that way, but I AM PLUS sized.
    HIM: You're being down on yourself and unnecessarily negative. You're just curvy!
    ME: If you say so!

So we meet up for coffee at some point, and later I get an email saying "if you lost 50+ lbs, I might be interested...sorry "

So I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't! List yourself at FAT/PLUS on a profile and they argue with you. Don't own it, and they say you didn't represent truthfully!

How big I am is just not up for discussion anymore, online or otherwise.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Overweight Person: "Wah I'm fat"
    Friend: "No, you look great!"
    Overweight Person:"Wrong response, a-hole!"
  • Chechamoneta
    Options
    This has been a truly eye opener. I am realizing, as an overweight person with more-than-me-overweight, not-so-overweight and skinny friends, that I've been doing ALL OF THE STUFF ABOVE.
    - I've deflected my friend's comments on their own body by comparing them to me (which makes nobody happier).
    - I've put my skinny friends in the awkward position of replying my my own fatness comments.
    - Same thing applies to my bigger friends, whome I love dearly... (shame on me)
    - I've made fat comments about myself, to portray the acceptance and comfort of my own reality, just so people wouldn't see the truth: that I'm not only fat, I'm also LAZY and with low self estim, because I KNOW all of this, and yet I'm doing NOTHING to fix it.

I bow, from now on, to erase the "lightning responses" from my brain, and actually think before I open my big mouth.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    False, lots of fat girls say UGH IM SO FAT as a trick to get into fights with fitter friends and then be all sobby and teary eyed and victimized, so that their fitter friends end up having to console them and feel bad for looking better.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFMlqHHIDCbiOZzQ39Hm8Aswz1cblwMamaSNg0_DClHil1NSY8iQ

If they work hard, they should never feel bad. That's the type of whiney friend I walk away from lol

It works both ways....fat girls, thin girls....it's all just exhausting to think about at this point.

also true. *clink*
  • sandervan85
    Options
    If someone says I'm fat either they're throwing a pity party or fishing for compliments. Either way I disregard the comment unless they're asking my opinion for which I tell them the truth.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I agree. I hate when my mom and husband are always like, oh you're not fat! I'm ****ing 204 lbs at 5'2. YES. I. AM.

Now I'm pregnant, so I'm embracing my fat-ness. LOL. Not using as an excuse to gain too much though.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    On a more serious note, I have fat on me, but I am not fat. I am Marie. :)

Love that!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I prefer to buy into the lie.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I think that "fat" is a very subjective term.

That's the problem, it shouldn't be.

Fat is fat. It's a substance, not a personality trait, and if someone calls you fat you should only be insulted because that person assumed you would take it as such. Everyone has it, some people have too much, and some not enough.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I admit it, I am fat, and that it is my fault that I got to that place. But when people tell me "no you aren't" and blah blah I say "thanks for the compliment but I really am." Now, I'm 5'2" and 173. I consider that while I am not 243 anymore (i lost weight before rejoining MFP) I still have fat on me, and am working to lose it.
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options

AND I've had someone tell me if they had not KNOWN I used to be 304lbs, they would think I was just naturally this size (which btw is a size 10 and 177lbs... so still pretty overweight for my height since I'm only 5'6"). She assumed at first that I have never struggled with my weight. :) OOOOOH boy have I struggled. LOL :)

Perfect example of perception. Where you are now, thinking you're still a lot overweight, is my goal! I'm not trying to be a size 6 or whatever, I'd be really happy at a 12. I would not feel fat at all at a 10!
  • Desdemina
    Options
    You cannot BE fat. You can HAVE fat. I have lots of it, but there's a lot more to me than that.

I love this. I'm going to adopt it. It kind of takes it away from feeling like a personal failing, and turns it into something that can be gotten rid of.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have done this to others! Yes I can admit it....but in MY EYES they were NOT FAT!! I am not saying that the people that are telling you that or others that they are lieing to you or nothing but truely "FAT" sometimes is in the eye of the beholder. For instance I recently asked my "in-laws" how much they thought I weighed (yes we were on the subject it wasn't a random thing) and the 3 that answered put me weighing anywhere from 40-55 pounds LIGHTER than what I actually weigh! They were floored when I told them how much I weighed. So to them I was not "fat" but to me I still was and am! So again SOMETIMES it may be that they are not trying to "fool" you to believe you are not, but truely, to them, you are not! Make sense...?
  • Desdemina
    Options
    Yeah I'm fat. When I say so, my favorite response is something along the lines of "Don't beat yourself up about it. You're working hard to change it and over time it will change. You gotta stay positive."

Usually if i'm commenting on my weight, it's because i'm really feeling down about the fact that I AM fat. Encouraging words that I'm doing the right thing is what cheers me up.

Yes.
  • jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you there it's very annoying! I used to feel the same way as you on this subject and still do. I was fat but now I have reached my goal, and I know I am not fat anymore but what pisses me off now is that I have people saying I am too skinny!!!! What the hell is that about?? I am not too skinny I am healthy!!! I just had to throw that one out there, it's funny too that all the people that say this to me are "overweight". I guess people just like to be annoying.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    BTW who the hell drug this topic out of the graveyard? I posted it in September?
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    it may be your pet peeve when someone says "no youre not fat" when you openly acknowledge your weight, but one of my pet peeves is overweight people who say "i am so fat" it makes me (and others i assume) pretty uncomfortable because there is no proper response
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    it may be your pet peeve when someone says "no youre not fat" when you openly acknowledge your weight, but one of my pet peeves is overweight people who say "i am so fat" it makes me (and others i assume) pretty uncomfortable because there is no proper response

I see it the same way as when I admit I'm a total b*tch. Some people, bless their hearts, will reassure me that I'm not, however people that really love and care about me are more than aware that I have stated nothing but the truth. I think if the person states it as a point of fact (here's an example from the other day. Random Coworker: why are you dieting and working out so much? Me: Because I'm fat. ) there is ways of agreeing without being a jerk. You don't have to say, "Good thing you realize it, lardo, queen of french fries!" but you could say, "have you tried doing anything about it. or " sure, but does it matter" or even, "In my opinion, you're not, but you should be happy about yourself, so do you have any plans to change that?" (in my example my coworker laughed and said "well, that's a good reason" Which was not rude, mean, or falsely reassuring)