To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You can also search for Christian groups at this site. I belong to a few of them. If you like I can message their names.
  • MyChance2011
    MyChance2011 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
    —1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)

I find this inspiring, thank you.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.'

Philippians 3:12-14 New International Version (NIV)

:)
  • stoudts
    stoudts Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, it was encouraging just to read some of the verses you all posted. Just wanted to mention another book title -- "Love to Eat, Hate to Eat" by Elyse Fitzpatrick. I've read most of it, and am slowly reading it again. Rooted in scripture, and I found it helpful.
  • Lonestarlesa
    Lonestarlesa Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful way to wake up and be encouraged before I begin my day.
    I was not aware there was a christain group on this board...LOL..should not be surprised!

Have a very blessed day :-)

Lesa
  • Daniellev2
    Daniellev2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I often pray for the strength, wisdom and guidance for the right things to do on my journey with these scriptures in mind:
    It makes me think of Jesus as my trainer :wink::smile: lol

Psalm 18:32-34 (niv)
    32 It is God who arms me with strength
    and keeps my way secure.
    33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
    he causes me to stand on the heights.
    34 He trains my hands for battle;
    my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Hope this helps.

19101656.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    God is good. I agree that I can't do it without the Lord. I've been falling lately but this post is encouraging to know that other Christians are out there struggling as I am. The scripture will be helpful when I'm having "one of those days". Thanks everyone!
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bump. God bless all of you. :flowerforyou:
  • Lcnena209
    Options
    I love these inspirations......!!!!!!!
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Delight yourself in the LORD;
    And He will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD,
    Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

This is my favorite motivation!
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Luke 7:34
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes - get the book Made To Crave. I read it and it is a tremendous blessing! In fact, thanks for the reminder people...cuz I need to read it again!
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would love some new Christian friends!!!! Feel free to add me, please.
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    When I am dealing with anything in my life I turn to Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."....It is on my fridge so I can see it every day :)
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NLT)
  • AngieJo
    AngieJo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the book Made to Crave. Last year my ladies Bible study did this and it was wonderful. It shows you how to fill your life with God instead of food. Good luck!!!!!
  • awebs89
    awebs89 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone, this really really brightened up my entire day :D
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    This is a beautiful topic. So uplifting and God centered. God is so good. Thank you all for sharing. All I know is that God is so amazing and that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Whatever you want to do in life, wherever God may be taking you be sure he wants the best for you. God Bless each and everyone of you,.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    "The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure." - 1 Cor 10:13 (New Living Translation)

LOVE this one!! I may have to add it to my profile!!!! Thanks All!! :-)
This discussion has been closed.