To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I wonder how a thread asking for encouraging words from fellow MFP Atheists/Agnostics/Irreligious would be received..

im not any of those so i wouldnt even open it let alone comment in it......which is why i dont understand why people of that belief would open or comment in here.....

Amen.
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I said, my foot is slipping, your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
    When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.
    -Psalm 94:18-19

.. people are slaves to whatever has mastered them
    2 Peter 2:19b

These help me remember to pray & that addiction is slavery. Whatever it is.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I wonder how a thread asking for encouraging words from fellow MFP Atheists/Agnostics/Irreligious would be received..

I am not a Christian but I appreciate how people can take their faith and support each other with it.
    Faith used like this should always be admired.

I would hope that respect for the beliefs of others would be part of the the civil education we all receive.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options

You should start one and see, I doubt the Christians will start trolling on you.

^This. I know that I wouldn't enter a forum asking atheists and agnostics for support...
  • christiane38
    Options
    Hi there! Here is a prayer from Lynn, that I will share with you. I don't know who Lynn is, but it is a nice prayer of thanks to God.

~A Prayer for Weight Loss~ by, Lynn

Father God, I come to you in the precious name of Jesus that you will perform a miraculous healing in my life concerning my desire to lose weight. Thank you Lord that nothing is impossible with you and that you can help take away my desire to overeat and fill the voids within me that cause me to seek food as a substitute.
    Lord, touch my mind right now, help me to see what causes me to overeat, give me a strong desire to want to take care of my body and see it as you do Lord. Help me to make the right food choices and touch my mind with creativity concerning food and what I eat. May I be restored to divine health again.

As I strive to do this Lord, please bless all within me - my cells, and my metabolism - that they will function properly so I can lose the weight. And let me take it one day at a time and not worry about anything else but the cares of the day that I woke up to.

Thank you Father for loving me enough to help me through this.

Amen.
  • bcmehl
    bcmehl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You know you can ask Him for His strength when you feel like you don't have enough of your own. :smile: I appreciate what you have asked for in this post. I know the goal I want to reach, and sometimes I feel like doing absolutely NOTHING towards that goal. So on most mornings, I will get up grumbling about taking that walk I know I have to take...lol... and I make Jesus my walking buddy, asking Him for His strength to get me through it and He gives it to me. As Christians, everything we do should be done to bring glory to Him. ;-) Just remembering that helps me through those rough times. Have a blessed weekend! Oh ... keep strong in your faith and keep posting the way you want to. Add me if you like. :-)
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options

I imagine quite well. Judging by the amount of atheists/agnostics/irreligious that are on here. :)

LOL ^ This is one reason why you're awesome penrbrown
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Why can't people live and let live? This was an innocent thread, reflecting a certain point of view. If it's not YOUR point of view, just change the channel, so to speak.

Some people seem to have a hard time grasping that other people are different than they are.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Praise science!
    Indeed. I'm a science fan. Some great scientists are also Christian. Christians don't even deny evolution anymore. I think science and religion can go hand in hand.

I think I love you
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

You should start one and see, I doubt the Christians will start trolling on you.

You obviously haven't been here long.
  • bcmehl
    bcmehl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wish there was a LIKE button on MFP! lol This was so inspiring & encouraging indeed! Keep up the great work you are doing...in fitness AND in prayer!
  • Melinda91
    Melinda91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but there is a great website called PrayFit that gives you a daily devotion centered around fitness! I use it almost everyday and love it! It is really inspiring!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

im not any of those so i wouldnt even open it let alone comment in it......which is why i dont understand why people of that belief would open or comment in here.....

Amen.

It would be closed in 10 minutes, and then they would close this thread to be "fair" Atheist threads don't last long without the religious people reporting it, even if it isn't talking bad about gods
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I pray before every meal and every workout, as well. When I start to falter and think, "I can't do this," I pray out loud and allow the Lord to work through me.
    I want to glorify Him in every way possible, even throughout my journey to health.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

It would be closed in 10 minutes, and then they would close this thread to be "fair" Atheist threads don't last long without the religious people reporting it, even if it isn't talking bad about gods

Perhaps. You'll never know unless you try.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

Amen.

For what it's worth, I have no problem with atheist threads being here, especially if they deal with atheist ways of motivating weight loss. I'd be interested in some secular ways to inspire me.
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    PS - I'm praying today for all of you boring jerks who came here just to stir up baloney!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    The mods just need to be consistent. They can easily move this thread to the Christians Unite group, and the other one to the Atheist group. They don't need to delete either of them.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    The good lord gave you a perfectly good body. Take care of it. He's not going to do the work for you.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Amen.

For what it's worth, I have no problem with atheist threads being here, especially if they deal with atheist ways of motivating weight loss. I'd be interested in some secular ways to inspire me.

Not wanting to die a horrible, fat-induced death in this one life that I have to live works pretty well for me.
This discussion has been closed.