To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• tmgibson
    tmgibson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Its a wonderful study and something I took from it and often tell myself is "Everything is permissible - but not everything is beneficial" 1 Corinthians 10:23
  • CassandraChloeJ
    CassandraChloeJ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    why anyone would get on here and bash anybody when its a harmless forum post giving people inspiration is beyond me

Ridiculing a christian for their belief and religion is no different than Bullying a Homosexual kid for being effeminate. Both are disgusting. According to the Liberal media Bullying a homosexual by name calling is Illegal. Either way both are protected classes
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My favorite saying and it applies to our faith and weight loss is:

you try
    you fail

you try
    you fail

You try
    you fail

But the biggest failure is when you fail to try!

Wishing you the best!!!

GREAT QUOTE!!! I love it...
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    why anyone would get on here and bash anybody when its a harmless forum post giving people inspiration is beyond me
    Ridiculing a christian for their belief and religion is no different than Bullying a Homosexual kid for being effeminate. Both are disgusting. According to the Liberal media Bullying a homosexual by name calling is Illegal. Either way both are protected classes

Agreed, but not sure what point it has in this thread.
  • natashalh1998
    natashalh1998 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So encouraging, I'm glad I came across so many inspirational scriptures this morning, thank you for sharing.
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    Hi there! Here is a prayer from Lynn, that I will share with you. I don't know who Lynn is, but it is a nice prayer of thanks to God.

~A Prayer for Weight Loss~ by, Lynn

Father God, I come to you in the precious name of Jesus that you will perform a miraculous healing in my life concerning my desire to lose weight. Thank you Lord that nothing is impossible with you and that you can help take away my desire to overeat and fill the voids within me that cause me to seek food as a substitute.
    Lord, touch my mind right now, help me to see what causes me to overeat, give me a strong desire to want to take care of my body and see it as you do Lord. Help me to make the right food choices and touch my mind with creativity concerning food and what I eat. May I be restored to divine health again.

As I strive to do this Lord, please bless all within me - my cells, and my metabolism - that they will function properly so I can lose the weight. And let me take it one day at a time and not worry about anything else but the cares of the day that I woke up to.

Thank you Father for loving me enough to help me through this.

Amen.

Amen... This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

:noway:
  • nc_moon_beam
    nc_moon_beam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ecclesiastes 4

4 Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun:

I saw the tears of the oppressed—
    and they have no comforter;
    power was on the side of their oppressors—
    and they have no comforter.
    2 And I declared that the dead,
    who had already died,
    are happier than the living,
    who are still alive.
    3 But better than both
    is the one who has never been born,
    who has not seen the evil
    that is done under the sun.
    4 And I saw that all toil and all achievement spring from one person’s envy of another. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.
    5 Fools fold their hands
    and ruin themselves.
    6 Better one handful with tranquillity
    than two handfuls with toil
    and chasing after the wind.

7 Again I saw something meaningless under the sun:

8 There was a man all alone;
    he had neither son nor brother.
    There was no end to his toil,
    yet his eyes were not content with his wealth.
    “For whom am I toiling,” he asked,
    “and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?”
    This too is meaningless—
    a miserable business!

9 Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
    10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
    But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
    11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
    12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
    A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Mark 14:38: "Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit is indeed willing, but the flesh is weak." --I apply this one to wanting to pig out. haha.

Psalm 63:5: "My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips." --This one is good if you're fasting, or just trying to eat healthier. I think God wants us to eat healthily (thus the whole "don't be a glutton" thing), and knowing that you can be satisfied with a few healthy foods and joy for life is nice.

And also, Romans 5:3 tells us to "glory in tribulations, which produce perseverance." In other words, just keep going! When things get tough, and you KEEP trying anyway, you become stronger. (This applies quite nicely to diet and physical health, as with other things.)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

where is the bashing? No one has said anyone is not entitled to their beliefs.
  • dandaninc
    Options
    "You have roughly 80 years to live., You might as well live everyday happy." - Me
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    I'm a volunteer youth pastor with a full time desk job (that doesn't burn many calories). I've decided that if I'm going to be an example for people around me, it only makes sense for me to take care of the Temple that God gave me for Him to live in. We tend to take care of the church buildings that we meet in on Sundays or Saturdays, but in the name of cost, convenience, and comfort, we are ignoring the actual place where God dwells. That's why I'm trying to change that. I intentionally play tennis 4 times a week (we will make time for what is important for us) and I am watching my calories and sugars. I believe that God looks at the heart and will honor me as I try to honor Him with my lifestyle.

Also I believe that since Christ promised us "abundant life", I need to do my part. He offers us eternal life, but He also wants us to live in peace and joy while we're here. I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't enjoy being 370 pounds. I couldn't live up to my potential and definitely wasn't happy with where my life was heading. I've lost 75 pounds and I'm on my way to 250 (I'm 6'8" so I'd be happy with that weight). I want to operate at 100% which is how Christ created me to live. He didn't offer abundant life to me just to have me squander it on junk food that pleases my flesh. Paul said to "crucify the flesh daily" while we in America seem to think that it's our "right" to kill ourselves quicker by overindulging on processed foods. I've lived there most of my life. No more. I'm going to take care of the only body that Christ gave me.

Just a thought.

I've been thinking the same thing the last couple of days... but, not so eloquently. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    ever notice how no thread will grow faster or with more responses on this site than one with the word "Christian" in the title?
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    1 Peter 5:8
    Keep your sences, be watchful.
    Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.

I figure, if he is looking for an easy meal, I will try to look less tempting.
  • alison0511
    Options
    There have been so many good verses listed here... especially love 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, and Phillippians 4:13.

I also like to remember "You satisfy me more than the richest of foods." Psalm 63:5 (NLT)

And here's a good one for workouts that I don't think I've seen on here yet:
    "So take a new grip with your tired hands, stand firm on your shaky legs, and mark out a straight, smooth path for your feet so that those that follow you, though weak and lame, will not fall and hurt themselves, but become strong."
    Hebrews 12:12

:smile: God Bless!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ever notice how no thread will grow faster or with more responses on this site than one with the word "Christian" in the title?

And won't get closed down even though it's against the rules...
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    saving for reference!
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS! Keep emcoming, it's about time I see a great forum post! AMEN!!!
This discussion has been closed.