bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    This one always helps me:
    And Saint Attila raised the Hand Grenade up on high, saying:

"O Lord, bless this thy Hand Grenade that with it thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."
    And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu..

"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin.
    Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
    Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
    Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
    Five is right out.
    Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."
  • erinbolton
    erinbolton Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE verse and best motivation: Phil 4:13 " I can do all things through Chirst who strengthens me!"
    What more motivation do you need?? :)
  • Prayforya
    Prayforya Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this thread. Just to add:

It may sound hard-core, but I love 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 because it really taps into the weaving together or both physical and spiritual discipline. When I take on the perspective that getting healthy is not just about weighing less or feeling better but is an exercise in spiritual discipline and self-control as well, it shifts how I approach working out and eating habits. This body is temporary, I could get a 6 pack but I can't take it with me when I die lol (doesn't mean I don't want one!) however, what will last is how I treated this temple God gave me. So, think in the short-term and eternal and you see it makes sense from all angles!

1 Cor 9:24-27 says " 24 Don’t you realize that everyone who runs in a race runs to win, but only one runner gets the prize? Run like them, so that you can win. 25 Everyone who enters an athletic contest goes into strict training. They do it to win a temporary crown, but we do it to win one that will be permanent. 26 So I run—but not without a clear goal ahead of me. So I box—but not as if I were just shadow boxing. 27 Rather, I toughen my body with punches and make it my slave so that I will not be disqualified after I have spread the Good News to others." :heart:
  • awebs89
    awebs89 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to me that Jesus Christ can bring a reaction out of ANYONE. Even people who claim they don't care about religion. That's God's incredible power there.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
    —1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)

I find this verse pretty inspiring. I am trying to make my body the best temple I can :)

This is one of my favorite verses. And, one of my biggest motivations.
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    'Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless & pure, children of God without fault in a crooked & depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.' Philippians 2:14-15

and one of my favorites :

'The God of all grace will himself (HIMSELF!) restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast.' (the emphasis is mine - still shocks me at times!) 1 Peter 5:10
  • Brunner26_2
    Options
    When you call my name it's like a little prayer
    I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there
    In the midnight hour I can feel your power
    Just like a prayer you know I'll take you there
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to me that Jesus Christ can bring a reaction out of ANYONE. Even people who claim they don't care about religion. That's God's incredible power there.
    Or maybe it's just incredible boredom at work...

Ever think of that? Nah, I betcha didn't.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    hold on to that feeeeeeliiiiiiiiin \m/
    Just let it go, Jack. These people aren't hurting anyone by wanting to support each other in their faith. Please just be respectful until the mods move it. That would be the cool thing go do.

you seem to freaking out a little over a couple of non-Christians, entering the thread. It's OK!! Embrace them! Maybe they'll learn something; they aren't hurting anyone. I kinda always liked Journey myself.
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    Have you heard of the Made to Crave book. I have not read it but I think it would be a good one to help. It is written by Lysa Terkeurst.

I've heard great things about this book as well; might just have to pick it up soon! thanks for the reminder!

I've never heard of it before... But, I think I'll go check it out tonight. Maybe I can find it at my local library. Thanks for the recommendations.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    felice03, so just because your parade got rained on you now feel its your duty ti rain on everyone else's in the name of Justice for the site? Give me a break. The mods deleted your post for a reason. If the find a reason to delete this one they will as well. Is it arbitrary? yes. but why do you have to make it your mission?

Why not just not look at it, forget about it. Ive seen many threads about a certain topic ultimately locked cause people like you will come in and start spouting off how its wrong and some other nonsense, thus provoking people in there and other to continue the downward spiral. Seriously, will you truly be a happier person when this thread is locked. They all ready asked to have it moved.

Grow up
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    why anyone would get on here and bash anybody when its a harmless forum post giving people inspiration is beyond me
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    hold on to that feeeeeeliiiiiiiiin \m/
    Just let it go, Jack. These people aren't hurting anyone by wanting to support each other in their faith. Please just be respectful until the mods move it. That would be the cool thing go do.

it goes on and on and on......and ooooonnnnnn \m/

my faith is in music.....how dare you challenge my faith?

and everytime I have something to say about it, the words are making patti....JUMP JUMP \m/
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    you seem to freaking out a little over a couple of non-Christians, entering the thread. It's OK!! Embrace them! Maybe they'll learn something; they aren't hurting anyone. I kinda always liked Journey myself.
    No, not freaking out. I'm just trying to get the thread moved before deleted. I'm a Journey fan myself and I now have this song stuck in my head, too.
  • joy4life48
    Options
    I have a certain bible verse posted by my work computer and I look at it each day. Maybe it will help you as well.

Psalm 143:8
    "Let me hear of Your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting You. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to You."

And not that I want to toot my own horn I write a blog each day and also have devotionals as well. I totally understand where you are coming from. I don't think I would be able to get through the day if I didn't start my day in the Lord. So please feel free to read the blogs. I hope this helps.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    felice03, so just because your parade got rained on you now feel its your duty ti rain on everyone else's in the name of Justice for the site? Give me a break. The mods deleted your post for a reason. If the find a reason to delete this one they will as well.

Why not just not look at it, forget about it. Ive seen many threads about a certain topic ultimately locked cause people like you will come in and start spouting off how its wrong and some other nonsense, thus provoking people in there and other to continue the downward spiral. Seriously, will you truly be a happier person when this thread is locked. They all ready asked to have it moved.

Grow up

perfect response
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have some encouraging words that they use to help with the weight loss journey? I'd like to incorporate my faith into it in the hopes that it will give me some strength. There is no way I'd be able to do this (or anything) without the Lord!

I just finished reading this book. I cannot say enough good things about it. Lysa is so inspiring and very honest. I highly recommed this book. I am getting ready to start reading it again. The following is from her book: God has given me power over my food choices. I'm supposed to consume food. Food isin't supposed to consume me. 2 Corinthians 12:9-11; When tempted, I either remove the temptation or remove myself from the situation. 1 Corinthians 10:13-14.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I could use the inspiration as well.
    Blessings to you all.
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    I have Proverbs 3:5-6 on my bathroom mirror. I stare at it every morning while I'm getting ready. I've always loved Jeremiah 29:11. When I was going through the bad end of a relationship, God led me to Colossians 1:11-12- "God will strengthen you with his own great power so that you will not give up when troubles come, but you will be patient. And you will joyfully give thanks to the Father who has made you" (NCV)

Hope that helps!

I think I need to start putting scripture and motivational quotes on my bathroom mirror... and possibly my refrigerator, too...:smile:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all the responses but here's one of my faves:

Do or do not, there is no try.
This discussion has been closed.