To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, here is a prayer I found that has helped me:
    Lord, when I don’t feel like exercising, I pray that You will give me the “want to.”   Remind me that I’ll feel better when I’m done.   Take away the exhaustion so that I can begin with a renewed mind. Amen.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Can you please take this over to your own group.Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.
    Why would you enter the thread then?
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Can you please take this over to your own group.
    Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.

You came here, looking for us, not the other way around.

yes, but my thread about disliking Nickleback gets deleted because its not a thread everyone can take part in....how is this different?

I can't believe you are comparing nickleback to our Faith in Jesus Christ....

I am just saying if the rules state thread must be able to include everyone that goes for Jesus Christ as well.

Jesus is for everyone...

Not so much.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    to help you with your journey.....
    "Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world....she took the midnight train going anywhere....." \m/

"Don't stop believing"
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    Not so much.
    Then why would you even open this thread?
  • TexanThom
    Options
    Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.

yes, but my thread about disliking Nickleback gets deleted because its not a thread everyone can take part in....how is this different?

I am just saying if the rules state thread must be able to include everyone that goes for Jesus Christ as well.

But see, you are included. All you have to do is talk to us. We would love to have you come see what Christ can do for your life.
  • felice03
    Options
    Not so much.
    Then why would you even open this thread?

I never said I did or did not believe in Jesus or if I found these quotes helpful. I am just supporting the rights of others to request it be moved.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    "Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world....she took the midnight train going anywhere....." \m/
    Come on. I'm trying to get this thread moved to the group, just waiting on a mod to reply. Can y'all take the ridicule elsewhere, please? No one here is trying to shove their faith down your throat, just encourage each other. Please just be cool and move along.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    I never said I did or did not believe in Jesus or if I found these quotes helpful. I am just supporting the rights of others to request it be moved.
    I'm the first one who suggested it be moved. I'm working on it. I've reported it myself. Not hoping it will get deleted, but hoping it will move to the Christian group.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    just a city boy, born and raised in south detroit......he took the midnight train going anywhere......\m/
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    you can do all things through Him Who gives you strength! Phil 4:13
    Love it.. I'm a Christian (Catholic to be exact) though not that religious but yeah that quote inspire me to work my *kitten* off even more.
  • felice03
    Options

But see, you are included. All you have to do is talk to us. We would love to have you come see what Christ can do for your life.

please see my previous post.
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump
  • felice03
    Options
    Come on. I'm trying to get this thread moved to the group, just waiting on a mod to reply. Can y'all take the ridicule elsewhere, please? No one here is trying to shove their faith down your throat, just encourage each other. Please just be cool and move along.

OP did not specify where the quotes should come from...
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options

"Don't stop believing"

and now this is officially stuck in my head....
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure Nickleback was a gift from god.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Philippians 4:13 ~ I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

On my own I can do nothing, with Christ, I can do ANYTHING.

Hebrews 11:24-26 ~ By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; CHOOSING RATHER TO SUFFER AFFLICTION with the people of God, THAN TO ENJOY THE PLEASURES OF SIN FOR A SEASON; ESTEEMING THE REPROACH of Christ GREATER RICHES THAN THE TREASURE in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

Moses, through faith, recognized that temporary pleasure gained from doing the wrong thing, could not measure up to the reward at the end of the longer, harder road. Doing the right thing is rarely the easy thing to do. Your body is going to tempt you to give in and give up. Don't do it. Keep fighting. Keep your eyes on the prize. NOTHING tastes as good as fit and healthy feels. Sure, you're going to experience moments of failure, as Moses did, but he never gave up. He kept doing what God had called him to do, and he gained an eternal reward for it. In this particular case, God has called you to start taking better care of the body He has given you. When you have a moment of failure, don't let it stop you. Get back up with God's help and keep fighting. Recently, I posted in my MFP newsfeed that I was in alot of pain from a recent workout. A friend commented that it's weakness leaving my body and that it (weakness) likes to make a grand exit. My response? Okay, weakness, go ahead and fight all you want because the struggle will only make me stronger. It's like strength training at the gym. Without resistance we never get stronger.

Thank you so much for posting that. It was just what God wanted me to hear today, so I praise Him for your obedience.

You're welcome. It's taken me years to learn this lesson. In fact, I have to be reminded of it almost daily. I'm glad that the lessons I've learned from my own struggles can be a help to others during their trials (whatever it may be).
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    OP did not specify where the quotes should come from...
    Give me a break. We're not idiots. I get the joke, but I didn't want this thread trolled and turned into ridiculing Christians.
  • mispoohbie
    mispoohbie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump, very uplifting to read these this morning! Feel free to add me as a friend, I would love to have more Christian friends on here! God Bless! :flowerforyou:
  • secondlane
    secondlane Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm very thankful that I came across this post.
This discussion has been closed.