To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Proverbs 25:27
    It is not good to eat much honey, nor is it glorious to seek one's own glory.

1 Corinthians 9:24
    Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    Can you please take this over to your own group.
    Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.
  • LivvyLinde
    Options
    bump!!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    The devil made me do it.
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men - Colossians 3:23

Keep it about God and being healthy for Him to do His will :)
  • nc_moon_beam
    nc_moon_beam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Isaiah 40:31 "But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Psalm 25:4 "Show me the right path, O LORD; point out the road for me to follow."

Psalm 37:34 "Put your hope in the LORD. Travel steadily along his path. He will honor you by giving you the land.

Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things."

Zephaniah 3:17 "The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    my fav verse: james 1:2-4 (NIV)

'consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverence. perseverence must finish its work in you so that you may become mature and complete, not lacking anything.'

My Sunday school teacher quotes this verse almost weekly! I'm sad it didn't come to mind, but thanks for the reminder!
  • JohnRalfeo
    JohnRalfeo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Reminding myself that I have a new born again spirit that has the been made perfect and dwells with the Holy Spirit inside my body. So no matter what I feel or think it is not what is going on inside of the real me. Also the awesome works that Christ did here in the world, we that are born again will do greater things! Got to be ready when called on to serve.

Ephesians 3

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever."
  • melindadunston
    Options
    Isaiah 40:31
    "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strengh. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Love this I need to start to recite this while I run and I am getting tired. AMAZING!

I have really been struggling lately trying to find a happy balance. I feel a little obsessed with my weight loss and half marathon training. I have lost 25lbs and want to lose about 15ish more. I am trying to find God in all this. I feel like I am balancing staying healthy and my family and my work and ignoring God. I need to involve HIM more. Thanks so much for this post.
    God is awesome!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • TexanThom
    Options
    Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.

You came here, looking for us, not the other way around.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Check my blog I have a lot of faith quotes from Leslie Sansome that are faith based
  • pawheeler1
    pawheeler1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Garnet0284
    Garnet0284 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'll stand to be accounted into this group...anyone here can feel free to add me :).
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

You came here, looking for us, not the other way around.

yes, but my thread about disliking Nickleback gets deleted because its not a thread everyone can take part in....how is this different?
  • preaser
    preaser Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    YouVersion posted this this morning. A good reminder!

‎"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    How sweet are they words unto my taste! Yea sweeter than honey to my mouth ( Psalms 109:103)
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the Made to Crave book. I have not read it but I think it would be a good one to help. It is written by Lysa Terkeurst.

I have read some of it and it really combines faith and eating :)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Philippians 4:13 ~ I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

On my own I can do nothing, with Christ, I can do ANYTHING.

Hebrews 11:24-26 ~ By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; CHOOSING RATHER TO SUFFER AFFLICTION with the people of God, THAN TO ENJOY THE PLEASURES OF SIN FOR A SEASON; ESTEEMING THE REPROACH of Christ GREATER RICHES THAN THE TREASURE in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

Moses, through faith, recognized that temporary pleasure gained from doing the wrong thing, could not measure up to the reward at the end of the longer, harder road. Doing the right thing is rarely the easy thing to do. Your body is going to tempt you to give in and give up. Don't do it. Keep fighting. Keep your eyes on the prize. NOTHING tastes as good as fit and healthy feels. Sure, you're going to experience moments of failure, as Moses did, but he never gave up. He kept doing what God had called him to do, and he gained an eternal reward for it. In this particular case, God has called you to start taking better care of the body He has given you. When you have a moment of failure, don't let it stop you. Get back up with God's help and keep fighting. Recently, I posted in my MFP newsfeed that I was in alot of pain from a recent workout. A friend commented that it's weakness leaving my body and that it (weakness) likes to make a grand exit. My response? Okay, weakness, go ahead and fight all you want because the struggle will only make me stronger. It's like strength training at the gym. Without resistance we never get stronger.
This discussion has been closed.