To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
    assuming there IS a later for this thread...
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    - Zeroth law of thermodynamics: If two systems are in thermal equilibrium with a third system, they must be in thermal equilibrium with each other. This law helps define the notion of temperature.

- First law of thermodynamics: Heat and work are forms of energy transfer. Energy is invariably conserved but the internal energy of a closed system changes as heat and work are transferred in or out of it. Equivalently, perpetual motion machines of the first kind are impossible.

-Second law of thermodynamics: The entropy of any isolated system not in thermal equilibrium almost always increases. Isolated systems spontaneously evolve towards thermal equilibrium—the state of maximum entropy of the system—in a process known as "thermalization". Equivalently, perpetual motion machines of the second kind are impossible.

-Third law of thermodynamics: The entropy of a system approaches a constant value as the temperature approaches zero. The entropy of a system at absolute zero is typically zero, and in all cases is determined only by the number of different ground states it has. Specifically, the entropy of a pure crystalline substance at absolute zero temperature is zero.

Praise science!

I think I love you.

:blushing: :heart:
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great thread... Thanks!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    May god be with you...??
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    1 Peter 5:8
    Keep your sences, be watchful.
    Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.

I figure, if he is looking for an easy meal, I will try to look less tempting.
    Hmmmm...
    sounds interesting!
    Do you mean, by putting on the whole armor of God?
    That would make you hard to eat!:)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    felice03, so just because your parade got rained on you now feel its your duty ti rain on everyone else's in the name of Justice for the site? Give me a break. The mods deleted your post for a reason. If the find a reason to delete this one they will as well. Is it arbitrary? yes. but why do you have to make it your mission?

Why not just not look at it, forget about it. Ive seen many threads about a certain topic ultimately locked cause people like you will come in and start spouting off how its wrong and some other nonsense, thus provoking people in there and other to continue the downward spiral. Seriously, will you truly be a happier person when this thread is locked. They all ready asked to have it moved.

Grow up

I am not trying to get it locked. If I wanted that, I would have reported it for offending me. I believe you should be able to post what ever you want and take the responses you get. That being said, I have had many less controversial topics deleted because they were excluding. I don't think it is right, but that is the reason I was given.
  • christykirby
    christykirby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love the encouragement this morning! I'm definitely incorporating some of these verses into my journey.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Romans 14:11

My heart aches for those unprepared and those mocking...
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1 Cor 10:13-

No tempation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape that you may be able to bear it.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Praise science!
    Indeed. I'm a science fan. Some great scientists are also Christian. Christians don't even deny evolution anymore. I think science and religion can go hand in hand.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

Rule #1: Cardio - CHECK!

I'm good, thanks though :flowerforyou:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I can't say that these are encouraging words but this is what I have been doing.

I have a friend who's 5 year old son is battling an inoperable brain tumor. I decided on Christmas Eve (divine intervention! lol) last year to just start walking. Period. Then after 2 weeks, I decided that I since I was dedicated to do this and I needed inspiration, I would pray during my walks and then I said I was going to walk 1,000 miles for St. Jude's in honor of the little guy, since I felt helpless about the situation. Now I pray for him when I walk/bike/hike or whatever and for anyone else who needs it. I have so far, since Jan. 1st, walked 850 or so miles! It has made me a better Christian and I feel so much closer to God. Walking that much has given me a LOT of time to pray, to even learn how to pray better and Carson has taught me how to be more specific with my prayers. I am no longer afraid to ask God for something!

Also, Carson is in Memphis with his mother at the moment, receiving 7 weeks of radiation. A few of us decided to fast, just like during Lent, and sacrifice some type of food, or a meal, until he is home. I chose to not have any sweets, including low cal frozen treats and Fiber One bars that I was addicted to! Whenever I crave sweets, I get annoyed at first, but then I pass it up and pray for Carson! Win win!

I have lost 41 pounds since I started walking and praying on that Christmas Eve!

Good luck and I pray you receive a lot of posts and inspiration!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Praise science!
    Indeed. I'm a science fan. Some great scientists are also Christian. Christians don't even deny evolution anymore. I think science and religion can go hand in hand.

Your internet must be different than my internet.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    128974571328803634.jpg
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    1 Peter 5:8
    Keep your sences, be watchful.
    Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.

I figure, if he is looking for an easy meal, I will try to look less tempting.
    Hmmmm...
    sounds interesting!
    Do you mean, by putting on the whole armor of God?
    That would make you hard to eat!:)
    Not to mention that wearing all of that armor will keep you in great shape. It is a mixture of cardio and weight training at the same time.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    Praise science!
    Indeed. I'm a science fan. Some great scientists are also Christian. Christians don't even deny evolution anymore. I think science and religion can go hand in hand.[/quote]
    Perhaps I should have said "many" Christians don't even deny evolution anymore. It's about education.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    128974571328803634.jpg

Ha!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Praise science!

Nazis and hitler and such!!!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Solo, Han Episode IV:

"hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Praise science!
    Perhaps I should have said "many" Christians don't even deny evolution anymore. It's about education.
    [/quote]

what denomination are you?
This discussion has been closed.