To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• sataylor24
    sataylor24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Made To Crave by Lysa Terkuerst is an awesome book!!
  • Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    To myself when I'm tempted to eat WAAAY too much...or do things that I know are unhealthy.

"I love Jesus more. Do I want His Spirit in a sick, falling apart temple?"
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the book Made to Crave. Last year my ladies Bible study did this and it was wonderful. It shows you how to fill your life with God instead of food. Good luck!!!!!

I'm going to have to look into this! So many recommendations!!

Thank you!! :flowerforyou:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Praise science!
    Indeed. I'm a science fan. Some great scientists are also Christian. Christians don't even deny evolution anymore. I think science and religion can go hand in hand.
    Your internet must be different than my internet.
    Perhaps I should have said "many" Christians don't even deny evolution anymore. It's about education.
    [/quote]

My kids science teacher in school has a sign on his door that reads " What is truth is not always taught, and what is taught is not always truth..." He's a science teacher.... and a Christian.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Praise science!
    Indeed. I'm a science fan. Some great scientists are also Christian. Christians don't even deny evolution anymore. I think science and religion can go hand in hand.

well i think u can check off sucking joy from others and talking down to people who dont believe what i believe off your list of things to do today
  • bj6886
    bj6886 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Nice, encouraging thread.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Praise science!

*snort*
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I can't say that these are encouraging words but this is what I have been doing.

I have a friend who's 5 year old son is battling an inoperable brain tumor. I decided on Christmas Eve (divine intervention! lol) last year to just start walking. Period. Then after 2 weeks, I decided that I since I was dedicated to do this and I needed inspiration, I would pray during my walks and then I said I was going to walk 1,000 miles for St. Jude's in honor of the little guy, since I felt helpless about the situation. Now I pray for him when I walk/bike/hike or whatever and for anyone else who needs it. I have so far, since Jan. 1st, walked 850 or so miles! It has made me a better Christian and I feel so much closer to God. Walking that much has given me a LOT of time to pray, to even learn how to pray better and Carson has taught me how to be more specific with my prayers. I am no longer afraid to ask God for something!

Also, Carson is in Memphis with his mother at the moment, receiving 7 weeks of radiation. A few of us decided to fast, just like during Lent, and sacrifice some type of food, or a meal, until he is home. I chose to not have any sweets, including low cal frozen treats and Fiber One bars that I was addicted to! Whenever I crave sweets, I get annoyed at first, but then I pass it up and pray for Carson! Win win!

I have lost 41 pounds since I started walking and praying on that Christmas Eve!

Good luck and I pray you receive a lot of posts and inspiration!

This is beautiful! God bless you, and I will keep little Carson in my prayers!! :flowerforyou:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Praise science!

well i think u can check off sucking joy from others and talking down to people who dont believe what i believe off your list of things to do today

Irony!
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Someone may have already posted this verse, but I find it really motivating just to do my absolute best and give all i have: "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:24
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    OP: Thanks for starting this thread. Lots of encouraging verses, prayers and stories have been shared. God bless you. :)
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    "Life getting hard.... It means God is a afraid of your progress!"
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Can you please take this over to your own group.
    Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.

You came here, looking for us, not the other way around.

yes, but my thread about disliking Nickleback gets deleted because its not a thread everyone can take part in....how is this different?

I can't believe you are comparing nickleback to our Faith in Jesus Christ....

I am just saying if the rules state thread must be able to include everyone that goes for Jesus Christ as well.

Jesus Christ does include everyone. Not everyone includes Him.
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I wonder how a thread asking for encouraging words from fellow MFP Atheists/Agnostics/Irreligious would be received..
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I wonder how a thread asking for encouraging words from fellow MFP Atheists/Agnostics/Irreligious would be received..

You should start one and see, I doubt the Christians will start trolling on you.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Can you please take this over to your own group.
    Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.

You came here, looking for us, not the other way around.

yes, but my thread about disliking Nickleback gets deleted because its not a thread everyone can take part in....how is this different?

I can't believe you are comparing nickleback to our Faith in Jesus Christ....

I am just saying if the rules state thread must be able to include everyone that goes for Jesus Christ as well.

Jesus Christ does include everyone. Not everyone includes Him.

depends on who you ask...plenty of Christians don't think that way.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options

im not any of those so i wouldnt even open it let alone comment in it......which is why i dont understand why people of that belief would open or comment in here.....
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

I imagine quite well. Judging by the amount of atheists/agnostics/irreligious that are on here. :)
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Choosing to ignore the negative stuff & be blessed by the positive!
    I too go for Philippians 4 verse 13 while using verse 12 to remind myself to be content with what I have just eaten!!
This discussion has been closed.