Options

Replies

• marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    lol :laugh:
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    Just tell them how YOU lost it. It's not a dumb question. We all do things a little differently and they want to know about YOU.

For me, I started by making healthier meals and going for a 2 mile walk per day. Did that for a couple weeks with success and decided that I wanted to look into clean eating. I spent an entire month eating pretty much 100 percent clean. I was still walking during that time but I upped it to 3 miles/day. Then I took what I learned about clean eating and applied that as I began counting calories (net 1200 to 1400 day)- at the same time I upped my water to be sure I was having 8+ servings a day. And that's when I started couch to 5k. These days I log on MFP daily, try to make good food choices that will fuel my body, run or walk every day. Next up for me is a heavy weight lifting program.

See what I mean? I'm sure my story is different than yours and I think they just want to know what your story is.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You still ate all of your favorite junk foods, you just liquified them and consumed them as soup. Doing this helps deconstruct/reduce the caloric content and boosts the fat burning properties of your food. Proceed to ask if they want to try liquid meatloaf.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Some great responses by everyone.
    I was going to suggest
    " i've seen the light and become a breatarian. I now get my energy from sunlight and only eat for pleasure."

That was you can still eat in front of t hem, and it is a real religion too.

But i do love the adipose response, it sound so close to a real WL drug.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Someone on here said she tells people that she knows you are what you eat so she chases down skinny people and if she catches them she eats them. It was soooooooo funny when I read it :laugh:
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    My fiancee is naturally skinny. Someone asked him once why and he said it is all the hookers and blow. It was so funny (None of there business either)!
    Its already been said once here... but I would say:

"Hookers and blow...... Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Tell 'em the Purina Dog Food Diet worked great for you until you stopped to scratch your ear in the middle of the street and got hit by a car.

^^^HAHAHAHA.... love this!

OR you could say 'I made a deal with the devil, all he wants in return is my left testicle - so I said "what the hell!"'
  • Rizabees
    Options
    Adipose

(any Doctor Who fan will get it, anyone else will go looking for a drug called Adipose)

I was going to say that. :>
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    http://health.yahoo.net/articles/weight-loss/omg-diet-are-you-kidding-me

Use this...just saw this on Yahoo News...there is actually a diet called the "OMG diet." Hilarious.

Or you could use my personal favorite answer to this question which is, "I started doing meth."
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Tell them you live in the Matrix and there is no cake.
  • mdbs2004
    Options
    I lost my first 185lbs by kicking her the f#c( out of my house!!! The rest of it was hard!
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    I haven't eaten since February.

I LOVE this one! So many people have the mind set "ALL OR NOTHING" eat you gain...starve you lose! Hey...the have the alternate day diet...why not alternate month? sounds like it'd work!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You still ate all of your favorite junk foods, you just liquified them and consumed them as soup. Doing this helps deconstruct/reduce the caloric content and boosts the fat burning properties of your food. Proceed to ask if they want to try liquid meatloaf.

That is what I was thinking!!!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Tell them that 'The Cake is a Lie!'
  • sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sensa, but you have to snort it to get results.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Seriously fantastic suggestions. The wit of MFP is simply lovely.
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    tell them you gave up dieting because it never works. What works is being aware of what you are eating, keeping a record with MFP, drinking water and except as a treat limit such things as soda, and any fried foods, other regular foods, plenty of vegetables and are the way to go.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    " testicular cancer" or the "P.O.W diet, developed in the 1940's". ( too soon?)
    That should shut them up.

Or "raw food/ 5th level fruitarian ( can't eat food that casts a shadow)"
    " tree bark diet, its full of fibre and fills you up"
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Twinkie Diet.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Twinkie Diet.

Do you eat the Twinkies, or are you trying to attract the Twinkies? :bigsmile: