Fiancés family....

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    The thing is that it's both you and your fiances wedding, not his families and not your families. If they can't set aside decorations for a few hours just for the 2 of you to be happy, then thats their problem not yours. If anything they're the selfish ones. You didn't decide how their wedding went and they don't need to be in the business of yours. It's that simple. They don't have to be happy about your wedding, only the 2 people being wed should have any concern with it.

You need to read more. The family are Jehovah's. It has nothing to do with them being "selfish"
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You are young, so start setting boundaries now. You and your future spouse are the only people who get to decide what/when you have a wedding. Unless someone else is paying for it, then they get some input into cost options, budget, etc. You also get to decide who to invite. If people who are invited choose not to attend, that is their decision and they are the only people responsible for that decision. Your wedding belongs to you and the groom. Everyone else should be delighted to be invited and respectful of your wedding choices. (period)

This is very true. You also need to decide prior to the wedding if marrying him is worth putting up a fight anytime the two of you want to do something and want to include his family. I know it seems like "Our love is all that matters...." but take it from someone who also was engaged very young like you, it's a mistake I'm glad I didn't make! As you get older you realize it's the little things in a marriage that will break it up.

Good luck!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Really who cares about the decorations at the wedding! I would be more concerned about not being able to celebrate all holidays as a family, especially if that will effect my future children and their beliefs. Think of having to deal with that crap long term! Every Holiday that comes up will turn into a fight and your kids won't be able to celebrate their b-days. I would definately break up with someone over that! Holidays are such a big part of my familes life and I love them! I'm shocked they are okay with him marrying someone that's not a JW themselves. Save yourself the trouble and break up with him. It sounds like a recipe for disaster!
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this has already been said, but I'd iron this out BEFORE you get married. Sorry you are dealing with this. Best of luck.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all the controversy here! Holy crap. Lol

Wow, you sound mature. Now, I'm sorry I even gave out advice.

Note to self: Never give you advice to an immature brat again. She's probably trolling.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all the controversy here! Holy crap. Lol

Wow, you sound mature. Now, I'm sorry I even gave out advice.

Note to self: Never give you advice to an immature brat again. She's probably trolling.
    X2. You would think I would know better by now...
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    How did we end up with 11 pages trying to give advice to someone who probably made up the issue to begin with looking for attention? Especially since less than two hours before starting this thread she started another ones asking for winter wedding ideas, yet never once mentioned the whole "holiday controversy". Quit indulging the crazies.
This discussion has been closed.