So many people - so little clothing

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    I have been on this site a few months now and I must say I have never seen so many people in so many states of undress in my life...

Doesn't anyone else think this is strange????

Not at all I think you are just uptight..

She's uptight OR modest :mad: ??? Maybe she doesn't feel the need to show strangers her half naked body and maybe she doesn't have any interest in seeing other people posting their half naked bodies :mad: I've seen MANY tasteful photos showing before and after shots where the person is in a well fitting swim suit or bikini. There are ways to do it without spilling out of something or intentionally putting pasties on and calling it good.
    Please explain the difference between underwear and a bikini.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    oh damn... I didn't realize it was MFP - modest fitness pal.

*looking around for a tshirt to cover my mommy belly*

:-D

I like all the muscles. It's so nice to see people on their way to a healthier, fitter them. People who are bettering themselves, pushing themselves, and inevitably helping out the economy by saving themselves from heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc.

Although, the fitter I get, the richer my massage therapist and physiotherapist seem to get... hmmm

In any event... I like the lack of clothes.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    OP didn't actually make any judgments on anyone. She said she's been here a few months and found it a little strange. If she's not used to hanging out with fitness types, she has to adjust to the culture. All I got from her post was confusion and curiosity, not modesty or prudishness.

I do love many of the pictures though. There are some truly beautiful bodies here and it's so obvious how much work people put into them. It's inspiring and motivating. Whenever I think of my goal arms, there's actually a certain user's biceps that also flash in my brain now. (Making me a bit of a creeper I guess.)
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    I have been on this site a few months now and I must say I have never seen so many people in so many states of undress in my life...

She's uptight OR modest :mad: ??? Maybe she doesn't feel the need to show strangers her half naked body and maybe she doesn't have any interest in seeing other people posting their half naked bodies :mad: I've seen MANY tasteful photos showing before and after shots where the person is in a well fitting swim suit or bikini. There are ways to do it without spilling out of something or intentionally putting pasties on and calling it good.
    Please explain the difference between underwear and a bikini.

Please explain why it isn't acceptable to wear your underwear to the beach/pool/lake/out on the streets/to work etc...... and you've answered your own question. Underwear it UNDERwear not outerwear.
  • Jen_Jennings

What does HER being modest have to do with others wearing little to no clothing?

I may be wrong (I don't know her) but can only assume that she would not find it strange if she weren't somewhat modest. My point was being modest doesn't make one uptight. Uhhhh, her thinking it was strange was her original post :huh:
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    It's Boobie Friday. :grumble:
  • Seriously, the prude should see what I work out in.....and I strut around the locker room FULLY nude, just showered and freshly waxed. I bet you'd look to...prude.

:love: :flowerforyou: :drinker::flowerforyou: :tongue:
  • Jen_Jennings
    It's Boobie Friday. :grumble:

You stay classy :noway:
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Im just jealous of them all, they all look wonderful :)

If i had figures like those out there damn right id be showing it off!
  • If you're talking about those who take pictures of themselves in sports bras/bathing suits and short shorts, it's often just to show their progress in losing weight. Most aren't trying to be provocative or anything.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    many peoples goals is to look good in swim wear.... swimwear is pretty much like being nearly undressed... i kind of forgot where i was going with this... but basically i dont see the problem :D
    x
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    I started at 250 pounds with a 40.5 inch waist.......

90 pounds later, bet your *kitten* I'mma show my tummy! :laugh:

Fantastic job!...and I like what you're wearing to show your progress.

I fully understand why people want to show off the body they worked so hard for. I just don't understand why folks want to do it in their panties and bras, simply because it is the net and there are some weirdos out there. BUT to each his/her own and if someone is comfortable doing it then who am I to say anything. I'll admire their progress and give props.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Seriously, the prude should see what I work out in.....and I strut around the locker room FULLY nude, just showered and freshly waxed. I bet you'd look to...prude.

Actually, the first time I went to a gym in the UK I was shocked that *everyone* did this! I felt like such a ridiculous, prude American! :)
  • ELENA_Z
    ELENA_Z Posts: 78 Member
    Uh Oh.. here we go again.
    now when you look like you.. shoot i dont mind at all..
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    I started at 250 pounds with a 40.5 inch waist.......

90 pounds later, bet your *kitten* I'mma show my tummy! :laugh:

You can bet your bottom dollar that I will be doing the same thing when I get there.:wink:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    title1322521852.jpg
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    <-- doesn't get nekkid for the camera even 126lbs gone, but i don't care if other people are half nekkid all over the place. more power to them! :D
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    "Modesty" is a subjective term USUALLY used by religious "morality" types (you know, the kind that don't like things that make them uncomfortable).

Didn't realize you came out of the womb in a full parka. Guess being in underwear is pretty unnatural, right? So strange to be wearing synthetic or woven materials that have only existed the last few thousand years.

You are naked under the clothes; the clothes are just a front.
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    People are different, don't knock someone for wanting to share their achievements. I personally think we should have a "completely naked" section :happy:
    ^^^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^^
    I say, if you've got it, flaunt it!
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    I think the body is beautiful, and I find the tasteful pictures inspiring! Nothing wrong with showing off some hard-earned progress. I only go "EEEwwww" at the pics that look like someone is about to masterb--- in!