Funny things you notice as you lose weight

Options

Replies

• jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a mile and a half walk everyday at lunch and the shorts I bought in May would practically fall down every step I took even with my belt on...turns out I dropped another 2 pant sizes since then, which was nice to find out

I'm 6'2" so I keep the seat in my car all the way back and used to only have a few inches between me and the steering wheel and now it's like a foot away from me. it's crazy
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    After a shower and wrapping a towel around yourself. I noticed how much it finally covers up everything and not having to almost use a pin just to keep it shut lol.

this was my goal when first losing weight! LOL...now it wraps ALL the way around with excess! :D
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    It takes less time to shave my legs =)

This!

And I can finally touch my toes. I thought my arms were too short but it turns out I just had a big gut in the way. :laugh:
  • iheartredsox80
    iheartredsox80 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I look down and see my boobs and then my feet. No more belly sticking out!

Mee too :)
  • momswanson
    momswanson Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I can see the bottom of my rib cage....I wasn't sure I still had one! :laugh:
  • sharon1dunne
    Options
    feeling the cold - I was always hot before, but now have had to invest in things like coats :noway:

Me too :( hate the cold now, never use to worry me
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I can bend over and buckle my shoes! :)
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    -having more energy!!
    -not being mortified of someone taking my picture
    -sooo much more male attention
    -my sister is okay with me borrowing her clothes (lol she was afraid I'd stretch everything out before, even though she was still constantly stealing mine)
    -people remarking on what a nice shape I have
    -getting out of bed in the morning doesn't take over an hour
  • sarahmichelle876
    Options
    My baggy pants make me look like a hobo with no butt.
  • smhaze77
    smhaze77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Who knew you were suppose to have a collar bone and a defined jaw line? Weird :happy:
  • wendye1960
    wendye1960 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    feeling the cold - I was always hot before, but now have had to invest in things like coats :noway:

Me too :( hate the cold now, never use to worry me

Me too, although I've always hated the cold and wrap up well when it's cold outside but usually ended up having to open my coat once on the tram to work and take off my hat and gloves as I'm too hot then.
    Also the towel wrapping round, being able to get into a size 16 (UK - US is 14 I think) I haven't worn that size for years, seeing almost to the top of my legs when I'm seated and many others I can't think of at the moment.
  • Girl_Bomb
    Options
    I'm 22 and I put on my grade 8 grad dress.... I'm smaller now then I was when I was 14.
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have gained a really strange excessive confidence and pride in my body that was completely unexpected this early on. I even wore a BIKINI to the beach. ! When I absolutely know I probably shouldn't just yet. hahah I didn't care, though, because I'm already looking so much better than I was. I couldn't help myself, I was just overcome! :D

^^ This without the bikini part. I still weigh over 200 lbs but I just feel so darn sassy with the changes that have already occurred. I am walking around like, "Look at me!" I just feel great. Also, I don't get stressed about flying anymore now that I know I am not going to be spilling over into someone's seat!
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I walk taller now. I have more energy. I WANT to cross my legs all the time and I CAN... And one thing that really caught my attention, when sitting in the car, on the couch, my hands actually rest on my lap. Never had a lap before. And I don't have to pull 'the girls' back to see my lap. Score!
  • pennyknipprath
    pennyknipprath Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love it!

Not heairng my thighs rub together when I walk.
    S-- drive is back with gusto, I'm not annoyed anymore when my guy wan't me to wear sexy lingere. :blushing:
    I'm able to run a mile without stopping for the first time ever.
    Using the bathroom and excuse me , but cleaning myself is much is easier and more complete.:noway:
    Inspired others at work to get more fit.
    My daughter (13) has lost 10 lbs as well, due to changes in food choices.
    Caring more about the quality of food, I put in my body.
    Knee pain almost gone.
    Stopped hiding every time a camera came out. I used to always make sure someone or something was in front of me.
    Looking forward to more active vacations.:glasses:
    Craving water. :drinker:
    My shower no longer seem's too small for two. :laugh:

~P
  • caro1275
    caro1275 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    1. Crossing my legs. Couldn't before and now I can!
    2. Tying my shoes. I noticed right before I decided to lose the weight that bending over and tying my shoes was becoming increasingly difficult. It was so depressing. Now just 19 pounds later, I can bend over, tie my shoes no problem!!!!!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My tummy no longer gets in the way during yoga :D
  • floridachikk
    floridachikk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My tummy no longer gets in the way during yoga :D
    I can't wait until I can say the same. lol
  • BrittneyOhhh
    Options
    I have to say I laughed at some of these and honestly, I got kind of teary.... because I know how it is and I know how it is for my mom. I am SO PROUD of each and every one of you!!! Each and every accomplishment, no matter how funny or heartwarming it may be is amazing! Congratulations!!! :) KEEP IT UP!!!
  • helenzback
    helenzback Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read past page 3 later after i've composed myself. So funny. Great, great motivational post.