TOPIC: Opinion on Gay marriage?

Options
Arexxx
Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
I saw a topic about inter racial relationships and was surprised to see some people against the idea. So now I'm curious as to what people think about gay marriage :)

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I give a **** who other people get married to.
  • saramariebabyy
    Options
    marry whoever makes you happy... shouldnt matter their race, gender, sexual preference, etc.
  • Arexxx
    Options
    I can't say that I give a **** who other people get married to.

Thats the spirit!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Don't care
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Don't care either.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Marriage Equality* - marriage is marriage.

I think at the moment, the law comes across as treating any non-heterosexual relationship as "less than" which doesn't make sense considering it's generally considered wrong to discriminate against people based on their sexual orientation. If gay people want to get married, and can find a celebrant willing to marry them, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to do so.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I don't really care which two people are bound by a legal civil union to protect their rights and freedoms and to declare their relationship publicly to friends and family... just please don't insist that a church or other religious institution that doesn't support same-sex relationships conduct the ceremony.
  • Arexxx
    Options
    I was hoping for some hard core religious people to get offended and start screaming "IT'S A SIN".
    But it seems that the MFP community is more mature than that. Nice ^_^
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    dont give a ****
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for some hard core religious people to get offended and start screaming "IT'S A SIN".
    But it seems that the MFP community is more mature than that. Nice ^_^

That or they don't want to get tomtaoes thrown at them for expressing a different opinion. ^_^ Just sayin'.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    For it :)
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I see this topic going badly...

Other than that I don't care who dates who, who marrys who, who sleeps with who... just be happy and that's all I really care about.
  • QueenCaldwell1
    Options
    Am I still on myfitnesspal??
  • Romans624
    Options
    I don't really care which two people are bound by a legal civil union to protect their rights and freedoms and to declare their relationship publicly to friends and family...

just please don't insist that a church or other religious institution that doesn't support same-sex relationships conduct the ceremony.

THIS!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My DH says that gay people have just as much right to be as miserable as the rest of us. Let them marry! LMAO

That said, I'm participating in a gay wedding next summer. My BFF from college needs me to be his Hag of Honor :drinker:
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am neutral :) If two people of the same sex are in love good for them, let them get married..

btw I read a thing in the News Paper this morning about how gay marriages have a higher success rate..
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    well I for one am going to hope that my gay son will someday find a mate and be able to be "married". I too feel any couple deserves to be considered married and offered the same benefits (e.g health insurance , etc) that a "normal" *coughbull****cough* couple gets. So yes to gay marriage , yes to straight marriage, and yes to interracial marriage.
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    Well, considering I am madly in love with my partner and plan on marrying her, I am 100% in support of gay marriage! If someone is not gay, then someone else who is gay getting married is not going to affect them.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have an issue with marriage, regardless of parties involved. It's an outdated and archaic not to mention unnecessary social oddity. Down with marriage, we should ban it all together.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    btw I read a thing in the News Paper this morning about how gay marriages have a higher success rate..

Probably because they are less likely to have kids. I am just guessing here... but I see WAY too many people splitting up over the hardships that can come from having babies and raising kids. It's hard stuff and any weak relationship can cave under the pressure.
This discussion has been closed.