Replies

• Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Love one another. Be true. That is all.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I don't really care which two people are bound by a legal civil union to protect their rights and freedoms and to declare their relationship publicly to friends and family... just please don't insist that a church or other religious institution that doesn't support same-sex relationships conduct the ceremony.

I agree with this. Personally, based on what I believe from the Bible, I believe it is a sin. But, I am not going to stand in anybody's way. Just don't try to force the ones of us who don't believe it is right to condone it.

Since this calls for an opinion, that is mine. Now, I will politely leave.:smile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm not terribly interested in having a gay marriage, but I think other should be able to if they'd like.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    IBTL.

I'm for it. In the eyes of the government (those who rule whether or not this can happen) it's just a piece of paper that says you are legally bound together (besides the fact that you get tax breaks, better insurance rates, adopt, can make life decisions together or for each other, etc.)

Love is love.

And if I decide I want to marry a chick, I should be able to.
  • trink68
    trink68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have 2 relatives who are gay and married....so Im biased....but even before they both got married I honestly could care less.You want to marry the same sex what business is it of mine.Though I do understand the argument against it.I am pretty libertarian so on social issues....I DONT CARE
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Being Canadian this was never much of an issue.

They should have the same rights that straight people do, no doubt.
    Love is love.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    are you surprised that people are against the idea of interracial relationshiops, or are you surprised that people actually SAID they were against the idea? Will you be surprised if people say they are against gay marriage?

You seem like you might be surprised by a lot of things in life. You must be very young.

Or perhaps she lives in a much more tolerant area where interracial relationships and gay marriage are supported? No need to be rude to the OP.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I don't identify with gay marriage. That being said, I can't think of any legal reason why two gay people shouldn't get married. Just as we ask our elected officials to not preach the Bible when they make laws, it's just as wrong to force any church to perform a service that goes against its beliefs.

Tolerance must work both ways.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    heck I feel if anyone can find true love these days go for it... why does it matter if you are gay.. live be happy and love to the fullest :)
  • vbrent07
    Options
    For it. A person can be in love with another person of the same gender. Besides, life is to short, you should do be with whoever makes you happy regardless of race, gender, ect.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    People should be allowed to marry who they want; people's same-sex marriages do not affect your straight marriages.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    As a lesbian, I am (obviously) for it. I don't understand the people asking "please don't make us marry you!" It's not like two guys are going to tie down a minister and make them preform the ceremony at gunpoint. You just shop around for an ordained person and have them do it. Or if you are in Cali have your mom or dad or froend get the license online and do it for you.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    If I can marry who should say that someone else shouldn't? I could give a sh** what the religious fanatics say. We are all human beings and who we want to spend the rest of our life with really shouldn't matter. Its about love not what genitals we have. Give it a break. If you say gay marriage is a threat to traditional marriage then get rid of divorce. That's what ends marriage. Ugh I'm rambling but people who want to take others right's away because they don't conform to their own belief just irritates the hell out of me. It doesn't bother me what people do in their own homes why should it bother you? You aren't watching it & if you are then you have your own issues. It's basic decency. Everyone should live their lives, let it be.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    are you surprised that people are against the idea of interracial relationshiops, or are you surprised that people actually SAID they were against the idea? Will you be surprised if people say they are against gay marriage?

You seem like you might be surprised by a lot of things in life. You must be very young.

Or perhaps she lives in a much more tolerant area where interracial relationships and gay marriage are supported? No need to be rude to the OP.

Wasn't intended as rude. That's the problem with lack of intonation when simply reading a typed statement. Simply an observation. It is an obvious demarcation between generations. The older people get, the more they are willing to go out on a limb and express a difference in opinion from a group. This is a benefit to growing older. You say whatever the hell you want.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It doesnt bother me one way or another.
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have gay guy friends. They Do NOT want marriage to b legal. They said it just opens up another can of worms.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Love is love is love. If some people are lucky enough to experience it in the form it comes to them and they're happy, leave them alone. That's just as ridiculous as saying fat people and skinny people shouldn't be together. Tall people and short people shouldn't be together. Etc. Its nobody's business but their own. And if people would spend at least half as much time minding their own business as they do everyone else's, the world would be a better place.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have gay guy friends. They Do NOT want marriage to b legal. They said it just opens up another can of worms.

This doesn't make any sense. Why would they say that?
  • eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Hopefully that isn't your argument against it?

I'm all for it. People should be able marry whoever they want.
  • ChihakuZeal
    Options
    I'm gay, and I believe you should marry whoever makes you happy.
    Then again in my relationship, we don't need a piece of paper to show our love, but still, people should marry whoever makes them happy regardless of who they are.
This discussion has been closed.