TOPIC: Opinion on Gay marriage?

Options

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Having deeply loved and recently lost my best friend and husband just 3 days after our 15th wedding anniversary, I realized as we grew older how much more I loved him each day. Im sad but mostly, I feel so lucky to have found someone that was truly a soul mate to share a large part of my life with. I would not begrudge any one that union- that bond of marriage that ties one so deeply regardless of race, sexual preference, age differences and on and on. Its an awesome bond that everyone should have a fundamental right to- part of that pursuit of happiness thing.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know the pain of losing a spouse - my first husband was killed in a motorcycle accident.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Having deeply loved and recently lost my best friend and husband just 3 days after our 15th wedding anniversary, I realized as we grew older how much more I loved him each day. Im sad but mostly, I feel so lucky to have found someone that was truly a soul mate to share a large part of my life with. I would not begrudge any one that union- that bond of marriage that ties one so deeply regardless of race, sexual preference, age differences and on and on. Its an awesome bond that everyone should have a fundamental right to- part of that pursuit of happiness thing.

:heart:
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Marriage is a religious ceremony and shouldn't have any legal teeth. The secular government should provide civil unions to any two willing adults who aren't already part of a civil union.

Oh, and calling it "gay marriage" is as offensive as saying "white slavery"

YUP! How bout we start calling it "straight marriage" or the "straight bar", WTMF is wrong with people today and labels?

Really? what are we suppossed to call it then? How will people know what you are talking about? I get your point, but how would you describe it?

Why get mad? Seriously, how would you like it to have everything you do be "straight"? Did you go to straight church today? How was your straight chicken sandwich? Did you get your straight car fixed at the straight dealership? WHO THE F CARES WHO'S MARRYING WHO AND WHAT WHEN WHY OR HOW. No LABEL is needed for straight marriage so why should it be ANY different. I would describe it as MARRIAGE, plain and simple
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I only wrote this so people could look at things from a different perspective. It's all for fun, but to make a serious point. I'm sorry for the tiny font!

30e834e8.jpg

No. 3 :laugh: how ironic....
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    are you surprised that people are against the idea of interracial relationshiops, or are you surprised that people actually SAID they were against the idea? Will you be surprised if people say they are against gay marriage?

You seem like you might be surprised by a lot of things in life. You must be very young.

Being young has nothing to do with it. The op had an opinion and wondered about other people's. Just because they are surprised by controversial topics automatically makes them young and ignorant? Wow.
  • vera_sweet
    vera_sweet Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Am I still on myfitnesspal??

My thoughts exactly, I hear some other free calorie counting web sites don't have all this junk going on, like Sparkpeople.com and Loseit.com among others.. I'm going to check it out.

I'm sure your fingers were twisted to click on this post and reply to it :p

I would like to have a supportive lose weight kind of climate instead of clicking on MFP and seeing off topic sickening, headlines jump in my face, this site has really changed, I'm embarrassed to recommend it to my friends anymore. : (

You didn't had to click it. You didn't have to read it. But you did and still do. The topic of the forum wasn't misleading and was clear as a summer day in San Diego. And yet you didn't say much about your opinion on gay marriage except you called it junk.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing to be embarrassed about being a part of the MFP community because most people here stand for what's right. Unless your friends are for anti gay marriage and against equality then perhaps you have a good reason to be embarrassed.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly, I hear some other free calorie counting web sites don't have all this junk going on, like Sparkpeople.com and Loseit.com among others.. I'm going to check it out.

I would like to have a supportive lose weight kind of climate instead of clicking on MFP and seeing off topic sickening, headlines jump in my face, this site has really changed, I'm embarrassed to recommend it to my friends anymore. : (

You didn't had to click it. You didn't have to read it. But you did and still do. The topic of the forum wasn't misleading and was clear as a summer day in San Diego. And yet you didn't say much about your opinion on gay marriage except you called it junk.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing to be embarrassed about being a part of the MFP community because most people here stand for what's right. Unless your friends are for anti gay marriage and against equality then perhaps you have a good reason to be embarrassed.

:drinker: Well said Liziele!
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    I cant see the point in marriage FULL STOP!

Just find someone you hate and give them the house!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • cheflance1
    Options
    I don't like the idea of gay marriage. God didn't mean for it to be that way. That's what marriage signifies...the bonding of two heterosexual people that become united as one through God the Father Almighty. I am not offended by it and gay people can do what they want . And yes, it is a sin but we are all sinners.
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    I don't like the idea of gay marriage. God didn't mean for it to be that way. That's what marriage signifies...the bonding of two heterosexual people that become united as one through God the Father Almighty. I am not offended by it and gay people can do what they want . And yes, it is a sin but we are all sinners.
    Well, seeing as your imaginary friend has nothing to do with it, Im grateful that people in the UK are afforded the same rights as everyone else. Regardless of age, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.
  • Elzecat
    Options

A "chit chat" section of a free website that happens to discuss a topic that you (apparently) don't approve of being discussed? Gasp. :huh:

The topic was so clearly stated in the title of the forum, I wonder why people feel the need to come on the forum if they don't want to participate in the discussion.
  • musicstardust67
    Options

Umm I hope you realized what category you clicked on. There are plenty of other categories completely aimed at weight loss and there is a fun one where anyone can post practically anything. It's not really that big of a deal and I don't think it will kill your weightloss journey.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yeah, of course. now who's coming to our wedding? [Also, I am always on the hunt for more open minded, and/or GLBTQI[etc] friends.[
  • Elzecat
    Options
    Well, seeing as your imaginary friend has nothing to do with it, Im grateful that people in the UK are afforded the same rights as everyone else. Regardless of age, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.

I'd respectfully like to point out that we've made it through 7 pages of comments on a very controversial topic without resorting to namecalling (for the most part, except for the person who said something about "sickening" off topic stuff). Let's not start now. She believes in her religion, you don't believe, let's move on. Peace.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    <
    pro gay marriage
  • Elzecat
    Options
    <
    pro gay marriage

I'm pro gay marriage...and pro colorful hearts made of food. awesome picture. :)
  • musicstardust67
    Options

See ya! Don't let the door hit your *kitten* on the way out...

(Come on people! Don't click on topics you don't want to read!)

^^^^^^^^This! Seriously, people need to get the stick out of their a**!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    People think that marriage should be between a man and a woman, its a load of crap. With a 50% divorce rate who are we to judge others on their sexual preference/who they want to marry?

If two people are in love and want to get married, they should regardless of gender. I just hope when my kids grow up it is legalized, we live in a horrible time.
  • musicstardust67
    Options
    I am completely FOR gay marriage obviously as my uncle is gay and I've known plenty of other gay people in my life and I am bi as well. I somewhat respect people when they straight up tell me they feel a marriage is between a man and a woman but they are still open to the fact that gay people still have the right to marry each other. I absolutely don't want to debate people that are completely close minded and keep telling me things like "It's a sin! Stop thinking that way!" God will send you to hell!" No, I don't want to hear that. If you believe it, that's your choice but I dislike being around people who are going to tell me what to believe and what not to beleive. That's dumb. Im just saying I personally totally believe in gay marriage as well as equality all around.

Im all for gay marriage, I cringe at the N word being said and I think things like marriage should be equal all around. I know this topic didn't have to do with race but I tied it to equality just because.

I personally find being around gay people very enjoyable and nice. Not that others aren't nice but I just find them very fun to be around :)
This discussion has been closed.