TOPIC: Opinion on Gay marriage?

Options

Replies

• maxcottle
    Options
    "I agree with this. Personally, based on what I believe from the Bible, I believe it is a sin. But, I am not going to stand in anybody's way. Just don't try to force the ones of us who don't believe it is right to condone it.

Since this calls for an opinion, that is mine. Now, I will politely leave.smile"

THE BIBLE??????

Belief in god is a good and personal thing it has nothing to do with Organized religion GOD in any for is about love inclusiveness forgiveness tolerance helping each other and so on.

Organized religion is the antithesis. Its about control, bigotry hate but wrapped up in facade of the above

1) Religion has NOTHING to do with marriage. Marriage was initially a contract between two parties for the disposal of wealth and assets in the event of a death for example and in those days a woman was looked at as an asset as the property of her husband. There was however no stipulation that marriages had to be heterosexual
    2) The christian church usurped marriage in medieval Europe first by offering blessing to royalty and chieftans and then they saw an opportunity for extending their power and rolled it out to the wider population it was a calculated move. Over the centuries they have cleverly and insidiously been able to persuade some of us that they the church came up with the concept of marriage and that the churches bigoted views should extend to the populous.
    3) Organized religions are CULTS!! the only difference between them Christians and the moonies is that Christianity is recognized by the state as is being a Jedi or scientologist.
    4) THE WORD OF GOD!!!! the word of god it the word of man trying to control you and tell you that god said whatever and if you don't heed THE WORD OF GOD you will burn in hell

God did no and never would say Adam and eve not Adam and Steve

Mariage is mariage we should not even make the distinction between gay and straight.
    Equal rights for everyone, if you want to persecute someone persecute the bigots

Ant they wonder why Christians were persecuted..
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Pro-Traditional Values..

i have gay/lesbein friends and all.
    but,I believe in Traditional marriage.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    It doesn't affect me, so I could care less. They should have the freedom to do whatever.
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Pro-Traditional Values..

Its possible to believe in traditional marriage and same sex marriage at the same time. I've yet to see anyone try to ban 'traditional marriage'.

And I hardly see how discrimination can be considered a 'good values'. Equality for all, that is a value.

I have friends who eat donuts and all.
    But I believe in sticking to my lifestyle change and not eating donuts. But if my friends want to eat donuts, good for them.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Most religions are anti-gay, reflecting the values of the men who wrote the "sacred" texts during the Bronze Age. Christianity is no exception.

The bible is also pro slavery, but we've moved on from that. Jesus had plenty of chances to say, "Hey, and btw, slavery is wrong." Of course, he never managed to do it.

The bible is also pro genocide, believes you can stone your wife on your wedding night if you find she's not a virgin, says women should just shut up and obey their husbands, and so on, and so on, and so on. In fact, the idea that "morality" comes from religion is a sick joke, if anyone ever bothered to read the religious texts they claim are infallible.

In 20 years or so the church will be more or less supportive of gay marriage. They'll miraculously find additional verses to "prove" Jesus was always pro gay ("love your brother," etc.). Presto, another successful religious whitewash. Also in 20 years, society will view anyone who speaks out against gay marriage the same as we view someone today speaking out against inter-racial marriage: an ignorant bigot.

This has already happened in most civilized countries, but America is again behind the curve. Mainly because Americans, unlike most Europeans, are more religious. But that will change, too. The trends are clear.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

--P
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am 100% heterosexual male and I do care. Homosexuality is not a disease, illness, condition, malady or ailment. Homosexuality is undeniable. I have known many good men and women who are homosexuals. Their love stories rivals the best heterosexual love stories.

Homosexuals are being denied rights which mirror the same issues blacks and women had for the greater part of the 20th century. I am certain within a few years homosexuals will achieve equal rights. Its shameful our government did not learn anything from the civil rights struggle of the 60s and that good people are being denied equal liberties.
  • xoxmorgan
    Options
    TOTALLY supportive of gay marriage
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    support 100%.
  • DocCollins_SFA
    Options
    Pro-Traditional Values..

Just because you believe in 'traditional' marriage does not mean you need to make a law against marriage that is not what you would deem 'traditional'. Biblically speaking, marriage should also be between a man and woman who are equally yoked so do you want to make a law that bans marriage between those of different religions or even level of practice of a religion? I don't understand why people pick on gay marriage. If you really want to ban everything that goes against your traditional values then you have a long road ahead of you...

30e834e8.jpg
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Really don't care who marries who. As long as they're happy.
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    I was hoping for some hard core religious people to get offended and start screaming "IT'S A SIN".
    But it seems that the MFP community is more mature than that. Nice ^_^
    these people always make me laugh. So holier than thou yet they feel they can judge others. I guess they pick and choose which parts of the bible they listen to
  • haylz247
    Options
    People can marry who they like! I don't see why it should affect anyone at all. They aren't hurting anyone!
  • haylz247
    Options
    I was hoping for some hard core religious people to get offended and start screaming "IT'S A SIN".
    But it seems that the MFP community is more mature than that. Nice ^_^
    these people always make me laugh. So holier than thou yet they feel they can judge others. I guess they pick and choose which parts of the bible they listen to

^ this 100%
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I live in a state (NY) which has legalized gay marriage. I really could care less what people do or who they want to marry. It's of no consequence to me. I know a lesbian couple and they have a child. Nicest ladies ever. Do what you want...life's too short not to, you know?
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Sadly I don't think gay marriage will be legal across the U.S. until my parents' and grandparents' generations die out because a lot of them are the ones keeping it from happening. And this is the main reason why I don't go to church anymore and have lost faith in God. What kind of God promotes hatred among his people? When my uncle came out, he was kicked out of the house. If Christianity can turn a mother against her son, I want nothing to do with it. He got engaged last year and is too scared to tell her because he knows she won't like it. Maybe he's waiting for her to die to get married because she's never going to change her mind. :/
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Pro-Traditional Values..

My father got married for the fourth time last month and my uncle can't even marry the man he's been together with for the past 9 years, longer than any of my father's marriages? Straight people and Hollywood ruined whatever sanctity marriage had long ago so I don't see why you guys are so protective over it. Also think of the economic boost gay marriage would give. There would be more weddings, which generate a lot of revenue for dresses, tuxes, bakeries, etc. :)
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I don't have an opinion on it. Gay couples should do as they wish, if they wanna get married then that's cool. If they don't then that's cool too.
    I don't agree with any kind of discrimination.
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Pro-Traditional Values..

My father got married for the fourth time last month and my uncle can't even marry the man he's been together with for the past 9 years, longer than any of my father's marriages? Straight people and Hollywood ruined whatever sanctity marriage had long ago so I don't see why you guys are so protective over it. Also think of the economic boost gay marriage would give. There would be more weddings, which generate a lot of revenue for dresses, tuxes, bakeries, etc. :)

AGREED!
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Live and let live is what I say, and it should be no one elses business if two poeple of the same sex want to commit to each other.

I find the religious arguments the worst really on this kind of subject as relgion is supposed to about love and peace and tolerance and understanding. Afterall Marriage is a man made concept originally to protect wealth and to ensure that a mans heirs were really his heirs etc etc it wasnt widely accepted in to society until about the 8th century and wasnt canonised into the catholic faith unti the mid 1500's

So perhaps they need to chill a bit a learn to show tolerance and understanding to people who are different to themselves and think 'ok its not what I believe but I respect your right to live your life differently'. Afterall if there is a God he will be the one to judge on the day of reckoning,
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    100% for gay marriage.
This discussion has been closed.