Options

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I close mine because it's a diary. It's private
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    Scott R. (who is 136 sticks of butter lighter than he was 7 weeks ago).

:)
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Definitely do what's best for you! And congrats on your loss so far!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Completely agree. There are days when you look at my diary and you'll see I had four crown and diets for dinner; or a Wendy's single with cheese (first one in 15 months) at 2 a.m. I'm a grownup and I know how to lose weight. I know alcohol and fat and sodium don't help, but I also know from twenty years of being fat that trying to diet and deprive myself of things I love is a setup for backsliding. I also know if I eat that Wendy's single, I have an extra 500 calories to exercise off that week.

Congrats on your progress thus far and raising a great family and owning your own business. If you can do those things I have no doubt the weight will be gone in two years.
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    Just a note: I love sodium too.

I don't know you, but I am really proud of you, your accomplishments and your drive to see this through!! I can't wait to see your post around Christmas when you post that you are in the "3's"!!
    I too plan on staying on MFP for life. I don't think I could maintain any loss I have without it.

You do what you have to do to keep yourself sane and enjoying your life and your sweet family.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    an enjoyable read. You do what's right for you. Here's to even less sticks of butter, go for it :-)
  • diinva
    Options
    Best of luck on your journey. You are far from insensitive!!! You are taking care of you. I love reading your posts, you are a very good writer and a true inspiration to all of us.
  • starcyndycyn
    Options
    Good for you! I recently read a great book that you may find interesting. It's called "Knock out dieting" by Signe Darpinian. It talks about how diets and restrictions don't work, but what we need to realize is that we all have knowledge in our bodies about "intuitive eating," so it teaches how to get back to that. One of the best parts (in my opinion) was a section that detailed the ways that some people demonize certain foods, and then want to resist them--with dire consequences, of course. She says that instead of blocking foods from our lives, we can access whatever we want, and then just listen to what our bodies say about them. I've found this REALLY helpful. I'm not a salt person, but I love ice cream. Instead of banishing ice cream from my life, I have it when I want it--and now I intuitively know when I don't need any more. This has made a huge difference in my life. In Feb, I reached about 325 lbs. Now I'm down to the 260s, and have done NO DIETING. I know you're on the right path and I wish you great continued success! :)
  • seakali
    Options
    inspirational xxx
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have stumbled across a couple of your posts on here and I was wondering if you have a blog? And if not you should think of starting one. You are a fantastic writer, funny, articulate and interesting! Good luck to you on your weight loss!
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading your story! Do what works for you but don't forget to keep reevaluating as you go. Best wishes to you on your weight loss!
  • Cheryl1018
    Options
    We all come here for support/help/community and I think its horrible that anyone was anything other than helpful to you. Members should be making helpful suggestions not giving you a hard time about your food choices.
  • melanielynn123
    Options
    Good luck to you! It sounds like you are on the right track. :flowerforyou:
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    great post - totally understandable :)
  • RobynBourgeois
    Options
    First of all congratulations on all of your professional accomplishments!! You have a very lucky & prosperous career! Second of all congrats on your lifestyle change. Everyone one of us had made a conscious decision to join MFP for OURSELVES; not for others. I keep my diary open for the same reasons you began with yours open, accountability! However, I also believe in eating "normal foods". Anyone will see that I have mac & cheese at least 4 times a month; drink regular soda (sodium & all); eat pizza at least 4 times a month & all the rest of the "crap" I eat; I just do it in moderation! I have made the decision to to this for me; not for others. I have been lucky in the fact that I have not received any negative comments from any of my MFP friends. I wish you would have had the same experience. Keep doing what you are doing as you have no one to answer to but yourself & best of luck in your future!!
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    When I first opened the post I didn't think I'd read all the way through to the end...but I did.

Congratulations on making such big life changes that have brought you and your family into focus.

Absolutely the same for me!

OP you have quite the way with words that kept me intrigued.

I'm so happy you have reduced your stress level, and regained the family life that was once slipping away. Keep doing what you need to do for YOU, and be damned with everyone else :)

I opened mine because of peer pressure, most days I wish it was still closed but the days I do really well I want to show the world! It's a tale of two sides.

Come Christmas I hope you meet that goal of seeing a "3" at the start of your number, I hope to emulate relative success aswell. Good luck.x
  • MelanieCatherine51
    Options
    You rock...I am thinking about doing the same thing. I'm getting "I don't mean to be critical, but...."
  • pinkpanthers1995
    pinkpanthers1995 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Very well said! I enjoyed your story- and congratulate you on your many accomplishments! I too keep my diary open to encourage me to stay in my calories. If I was getting the emails and comments daily that you were-I would have done the same. Ultimately this is your journey, and you know what will and won't work for you. Wishing you continued success, and ignore the nay-sayers! You're doing awesome!
  • 2GoAwayPounds
    2GoAwayPounds Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Scott, the title of your message caught my eye and I am glad that it did. It was very honest, funny and I wish I had been one of your friends. Do what is best for you, baby steps to get where you need to be. I wish you health and happiness in your journey. I know you will make it to your goal, your way in your time. Best of luck, Anna
  • submissivelyserving
    Options
    i appreciate your story. i am working my own program and have thought about closing my dairy also. by the way, great job so far.