Restaurants/food you've had to say goodbye to.

Options
We all have that meal we had to kick because of it's calories count, so what's yours? And if you've found something just as good, but with less calories, share it!

Mine was a good burger. I didn't eat them too often, but they're just so high in calories and fat. I got Boca vegan burgers instead, and what a difference they made! One burger on wheat bread is 160 calories and only 2 grams of fat!

Replies

• fitQueenbeast
    Options
    I said goodbye to Chipotle's burrito bowl with black beans, rice, chicken, sour cream, shredded cheese, sauce, and lettuce. *sighing* That's all a whopping 600+ calories....and I don't even know the REST of the nutrients like sodium.

Erica
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Poutine. 800 calories of yum. I'll still have one now and again - maybe twice a year - it always makes me sick (head spin, gut cramps).

Holy crap. I just googled to check. The small size I get (when I get) is 800 cals. It can be over 1400.

http://www.thestar.com/healthzone/diet & fitness/thedish/article/892278--the-dish-poutine-has-double-the-trouble-of-the-infamous-kfc-double
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Big old ice cream sundaes from the local place. Piles of ice cream with hot fudge, caramel, whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry. Even the "junior" version is pretty much the day's calories. Have to pretend with a single scoop
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I used to eat at least one Cadbury egg per day for a month around Easter time. I had to hit lots of different stores so they wouldn't know the extent of my habit lol... This past Easter I had one the whole season!

I'm a no-deprivation, everything in moderation type, so I haven't really given up anything. Well, I think I'm lactose intolerant, so I had to give up dairy!
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The XL Tim Horton's hot chocolate. So delicious yet so many calories 530 calories in 24 oz , 810 sodium, 101 carbs and 86 sugar.

Yeah I love it but it SO CRAZY!!!!

I had one once a ay when I was at work. No wonder I was getting fatter...
  • Mendelianparakeets
    Options
    Pepperoni on pizza. Just don't really feel it's necessary anymore.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I had to say good bye to Pizza pretty much. I rarely goto Pizza Hut as I used too.

Maybe when I lose 100 pounds I'll get a Medium Pan Cheese Pizza and try to make it last 3 meals.
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oreos, only because it's so hard for me to only eat the serving size (2 of the Double Stuf)

For me, it was discovering what is worth the calories and what isn't.
    Digorno Pizza, SO not worth it
    Peanut butter, absolutely worth it!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    My favorite restaurant is this delicious Tex-Mex place called Chuy's. It's my husband's favorite also, so we've been going at least once a week. Some weekends we went twice in one day! My favorite dish is called Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. It's chicken and cheese enchiladas with this delicious super spicy cheesy sauce. When I started counting calories, I researched and found out it's 900 calories and 50 grams of fat. Wow. I was shocked and, needless to say, I don't get it anymore. They also have this salad dressing called creamy jalapeno that every uses to dip their chips in. 2T is 11g of fat. I haven't given that up, but we now only go once a week and I usually only eat half of a dish and take the rest home for another day.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I havent said goodbye to anything :) for me this needs to be something i can do for life, and life is too short not to enjoy decadent, delicious food sometimes. I have a free day, usually sunday, when i eat what i want. I'm still losing weight. You dont have to give things up-just dont have them all the time :)
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    For me that would probably be biscuits and gravy with a side of grits at Denny's. That is like a week's worth of carbs for me as a type 2 diabetic.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I havent said goodbye to anything :) for me this needs to be something i can do for life, and life is too short not to enjoy decadent, delicious food sometimes. I have a free day, usually sunday, when i eat what i want. I'm still losing weight. You dont have to give things up-just dont have them all the time :)

this ^^^^ I cannot NEVER have something.....it will make me want it more! :tongue:
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell. The nutritional content be damned, it tasted amazing, but it had to go as part of the "new me" effort. Since then, I've learned how to cook Mexican food properly (and then healthily LOL).
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of them since I can't have anything dairy. I miss pizza, taco bell, and mexican food. :sad:
  • Brendajo510
    Options
    Jimmy Johns, I just don't find it worth it with such high calories.

I really love Easy Cheese (Squeeze cheese) and crackers. I was really upset with the calorie count and sodium. 90 cal for 2Tbls is just not worth it. I had some and I actually felt bloated and kind of sick all day and saw weight gain that day and the next. I believe it was the sodium.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Something called Buenos Nachos. The nachos to end all nachos. Its a pile of nacho chips, taco beef, guacamole, refried beans, salsa, melted cheese, sour cream and green onions ( had them hold the black olives). It was an appetizer but it could take the place of 2 meals....and I used to EAT it as an appetizer. I LOVED it.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    J. R.'s BBQ joint... ever since I had my gall bladder out I just can't take the fatty ribs though I love them so much. Also the hickory smoked flavor stays with me all day. Just not worth it any more.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    OMG, I have been musing over the holiday cooking I WON'T be doing this year - Divinity, Peppermint merangue cookies, spiced caramel apple cider, candy corn - da***it, the candy corn.....
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    I can't say I've given it up completely, but I've scaled back on alcohol. I still have drinks on occasion, but have to limit to every once in a while instead of what I was indulging in before. Used to drink a couple drinks a night 0.0 I feel so much cleaner now, if that makes sense. Alcohol makes me not want to work out, makes me tired and feel crummy. Oh, and it's easier on the wallet too :wink:
  • Danayle
    Danayle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So far, there hasn't been anything that I've completely said goodbye to. I think doing so would make me feel deprived, and it would be harder to keep with it. I haven't eaten chips since starting, except for tortilla chips at a party and haven't bought any sweets other than Weight Watchers Chocolate Creme Cakes. I think just not buying junk food all the time is a huge step for me.