Restaurants/food you've had to say goodbye to.

Options

Replies

• crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Chili's, but I ended up not even missing it. It just wasn't worth the calories to me.
  • NinaSharp
    NinaSharp Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I said goodbye to Chipotle's burrito bowl with black beans, rice, chicken, sour cream, shredded cheese, sauce, and lettuce. *sighing* That's all a whopping 600+ calories....and I don't even know the REST of the nutrients like sodium.

Erica

This. I loved Chipotle and would always think was healthy due to how fresh the ingredients were (stupid I know). After realizing I can blow my entire calorie budget for the day with a burrito, visits to Chipotle have fallen by the wayside. When I do go there, I get a salad and leave half the menu off of it.

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I gave up O'Charley's Pecan Crusted Chicken Tender Salad with Balsamic Vinigrette (more than my daily calorie allowance). I now get either Bob Evan's Wildfire Chicken Salad without dressing (the bbq saucee is enough) or Wendy's Asian Cashew Chicken Salad.

I also usually substitute a regular Reuben with a Turkey Reuben. Even if a restaurant doesn't have it on the menu, if they do a turkey club or something, they will usually make the switch. I really don't care for turkey, but the dressing, cheese, and sauerkraut disquises it that I can't tell!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I have found myself to be an "all or nothing" person. I have to cut out things completely and cold-turkey, or it will turn into a 2 week binge before I get control again. Therefore, I haven't had fast food in over a year. I totally don't miss it now, and the thought of getting anything from McDonald's or Arby's etc. actually disgusts me. Ice cream, however, is an ongoing battle!

Since coffee or mocha ice creams were my favorite anyway, when I want ice cream, I go to a gas station coffee station. Fill a glass with ice. Pour in coffee. Put one little cup of hazelnut creamer and one of chocolate creamer. Sprinkle a little cinnamon. 70-80 calories and satisfying.
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I haven't said bye to anything... I still eat whatever i want but practice moderation. On days i go over i just try to get some exercise to make up for it or just make sure i don't go over my calories the following days...
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I havent said goodbye to anything :) for me this needs to be something i can do for life, and life is too short not to enjoy decadent, delicious food sometimes. I have a free day, usually sunday, when i eat what i want. I'm still losing weight. You dont have to give things up-just dont have them all the time :)

This! I just plan ahead and make up for it the next day if I go over. Consider it a preload for the next training session.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The one kind of food that I don't have now is Chinese food. I just can't find anything that I am willing to spend the calories on anymore. It's not a huge deal because my favorite Chinese restaurant changed hands and now is probably what would be considered more authentic (stir fried duck tongues, etc.) but I'll admit that every once in a while I miss it.
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Craft beer and pizza.

Well, not give it up forever or entirely -- but let's be real, the above used to be a staple.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    We don't eat out, so I haven't had to give up any restaurants. As far as food goes, I eat all the things I love just not as much as I used to.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Carl's Jr. because I was shocked at the calories. And Red Robin's. I stick to thin crust pizza's, and I've never had poutine.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Not restaurants, but I stay out of gas stations/convenience stores. I used to get a snack and a soda every time I put fuel in my car. Now I make sure to pay at the pump and not go into the store, because I do not make good choices in there.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Not restaurants, but I stay out of gas stations/convenience stores. I used to get a snack and a soda every time I put fuel in my car. Now I make sure to pay at the pump and not go into the store, because I do not make good choices in there.

Oh, that's a good one. I don't make good choices at gas stations either. It's like I see the humongo size Reese's Cups or dark chocolate peanut butter 3 Musketeers or whatever other Frankenstein candy hybrid they have and immediately think "I must try that! And I'll need a 20 oz Coke to wash it down. Plus a bag of pumpkin seeds to cut all of the sugar."
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Oh, that's a good one. I don't make good choices at gas stations either. It's like I see the humongo size Reese's Cups or dark chocolate peanut butter 3 Musketeers or whatever other Frankenstein candy hybrid they have and immediately think "I must try that! And I'll need a 20 oz Coke to wash it down. Plus a bag of pumpkin seeds to cut all of the sugar."

Same for me, except exchange the pumpkin seeds for Gardettos and make that Coke vanilla.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    There isn't any food that I have completely eliminated from my life. I believe in all things in moderation. That being said, there are many foods that my digestive system now seems to reject being fed, so I try to limit those things.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    soda and soft drinks - I used to stop into fast food maybe once every other week but I just dont' do that anymore no partcular reason
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I eat a lot less of certain things than I used to, but haven't really given anything up. I've opted, for example, to use 93% ground beef when I grill my burgers instead of 85%...and I used to cook with a lot more oil than I do now...stuff like that.

Fortunately, I've never really been much of a "junk" food type and I've never really had an affinity for fast food and I really can't think of a single franchise chain type of restaurant that I particularly like. I'm admittedly very much a food snob and have been for most of my life.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Blue bell ice cream because I'm not sure I want to continue supporting their company

Dylan's candy bar because they closed their store

Ordering the largest size for everything

I don't eat as much sliced bread and i haven't enjoyed regular sodas enough to warrant drinking them
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I didn't really change to much- but I rarely eat at dunking (I used to eat a bacon egg and cheese bagel fairly regularly from them) and the coffee was always "regular" NE style (cream and sugar).. and realized I stopped eating at fast food places- I don't have much room in my life for it- and I blow my calories- I didn't eat there often- but I've pretty much all but stopped going- I'll hit a WaWa/Sheetz/Quick Check now before I do fast food. nothing against fast food- but eh.

Also Friendly's- I used to eat there every 2-3 months- haven't been in over a year. partly b/c I moved- and partly b/c my taste in ice cream has changed- if I'm going to do ice cream- I want something better than friendly's.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    <blank>