Restaurants/food you've had to say goodbye to.

Options

Replies

• 2011Eileen
    2011Eileen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It has been a year and a half since I started changing my lifestyle, and really did not think I changed restaurants, other than I no longer have the same tastes. So I guess I gave up big macs, as have no desire for them any longer/

Eileen
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Options
    McDonald's because apparently my stomach hates digesting it lol
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up on anything that's for sure i just take in the fact that i am going to eat the calories so it better be worth it and work my butt off the next few days. its a life style change so i don't think you should completely cut things out or it might fail you
  • meghanp92
    Options
    Mine was my grilled cheese sandwiches - I used to make them two at a time most days. I still make a version of a grilled cheese with ONE slice of cheese and ham/turkey, lettuce, onions, mushrooms, etc. and then a little bit of margarine and toasted. I have one and I'm full without as many calories and more nutritious content. For me it's making small changes like this instead of cutting things out completely.
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Mine was my grilled cheese sandwiches - I used to make them two at a time most days. I still make a version of a grilled cheese with ONE slice of cheese and ham/turkey, lettuce, onions, mushrooms, etc. and then a little bit of margarine and toasted. I have one and I'm full without as many calories and more nutritious content. For me it's making small changes like this instead of cutting things out completely.

So well said! Measuring my portions has been a huge wake-up call for me. Thus why I can't have the entire ice cream sundae - just a scaled down mini version!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Pizza!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I said goodbye to Chipotle's burrito bowl with black beans, rice, chicken, sour cream, shredded cheese, sauce, and lettuce. *sighing* That's all a whopping 600+ calories....and I don't even know the REST of the nutrients like sodium.

Erica

600 cals isn't bad for one meal! I would totally fit that in occasionally if I loved it.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Soda pop. I didn't have to, I wanted to. Empty sugary calories with no nutritional benefits. I stopped cold turkey and in Dec. it will be almost 3 years of no soda pop.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches. I used to eat sandwiches just about every day, now I have to limit myself to about once a week. Bread is just so high in calories for such a small amount of food. Also, lunch meats and cheeses are high in sodium and fat and calories. Don't even get me started on the condiments.

Sometimes I do lettuce wraps instead, but it is still high in sodium. Mostly, I just avoid sandwiches.
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have found myself to be an "all or nothing" person. I have to cut out things completely and cold-turkey, or it will turn into a 2 week binge before I get control again. Therefore, I haven't had fast food in over a year. I totally don't miss it now, and the thought of getting anything from McDonald's or Arby's etc. actually disgusts me. Ice cream, however, is an ongoing battle!
  • Just_Pam
    Just_Pam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not a thing. All things in moderation. :tongue:
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Qdoba. Not because of the content, because they left town.
  • smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Red rooster's Hawaiian pack.... chicken, chips, pineapple fritter and banana fritter. Flippin fantastic, but it's like 1200 cals!! I used to have it a couple of times a week. I've had it once in the 95 days I've been logging food. God it tasted good, but seemed such a shame to blow all the hard work I'd done at the gym.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I said goodbye to Chipotle's burrito bowl with black beans, rice, chicken, sour cream, shredded cheese, sauce, and lettuce. *sighing* That's all a whopping 600+ calories....and I don't even know the REST of the nutrients like sodium.

Erica

600 cals isn't bad for one meal! I would totally fit that in occasionally if I loved it.

I was thinking that too. My dinner is usually more than that anyhow but I understand as I get smaller it won't be.
  • magnolia_ah
    magnolia_ah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    McDonalds and any fast food :devil:
  • NewNalu
    Options
    Soda was one of the hardest to let go. Every now and then I still have a craving for Dr. Pepper....
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    where do i start - my diet was awful - chocolate every day, biscuits. But from restuarants garlic bread, 12oz steaks with peppercorn sauce, deep fried scampi or chicken - oh the list is endless lol. I still go out Im just sensible now and ask for a take away box put half in teh box to take home and only eat half of whats served at the time :)
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    None. I calorie cycle so just make sure I've got enough calories for whatever day I'm eating out.
  • Chrisswa
    Options
    I havent said goodbye to anything :) for me this needs to be something i can do for life, and life is too short not to enjoy decadent, delicious food sometimes. I have a free day, usually sunday, when i eat what i want. I'm still losing weight. You dont have to give things up-just dont have them all the time :)

Ditto its all about numbers to me if i feel like chocolate i have it just make sure it fits in on my day :) .... I am lucky though i am a gym junkie so i can have extras for the day
  • talkytina9
    talkytina9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Turkey club melt from big boys..

shredded beef enchiladas complete with frozen margaritas from Bandido..

Pizza hut supreme stuffed crust pizzas..

Chinese food..

Coney dogs from a local coney place..

Blanket dogs..frybread and NDN tacos from vendors ..

I miss all these things until I look at my body in the mirror..and see the results of my lifestyle change..:)