What are you reading?

Options
Menecairiel
Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
Sums it up. What book is everyone currently reading?

For me it is Jo Nesbo's latest Harry Hole book, Phantom. Halfway through and loving it!

What I just finished: rereading George RR Martin's Game of Thrones (first book in A Song of Ice and Fire).

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The girl with the dragon tattoo, the girl who played with fire, the girl who kicked the hornets nest. (and also the new rules of lifting for life).
  • yodapooper
    Options
    :drinker: Just finished reading These is my words by Nancy Turner. Loved that book and the way it was written. Now I've gone on to read Sarah's Quilt because I didn't want the story to end......Highly recommend these books
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    What im reading now: City of lost souls !

I just finished reading: The golden Lily
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the 3rd book in the Dexter series.
  • MSimm62385
    Options
    A Game of Thrones
  • nmwhitney12
    nmwhitney12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I usually read Y.A since this is the age group I teach but right now I am reading The Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella. I know...totally brain mush-er but I need something relaxing after the long days! :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Just finished Some Kind of Fairy Story by Graham Joyce...excellent. now reading When Darkness Falls by Lackey and Molloy. ..and rereading Darkover Landfall in one of the omnibus editions.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Willpower. Fascinating reading. Not really a book on weight loss but it explains a lot. I have a new perspective on why some days I have more willpower than others and some great suggestions on how to increase power to say no.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Just finished three books - Kathy Hepinstal's "Blue Asylum" (a major disappointment - so much promise, so little delivery), Tom Rachman's "The Imperfectionists" (not a very good read, sadly) and Stephen King's "Bag of Bones" (quite a good read, if not a bit meandering in the first few chapters).
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Currently reading "Dead Tomorrow" by Peter James - my boss lent me it, and it seems to be pretty good so far :smile:

Recently finished "I am legend" by Richad Matheson - Don't think i've ever seen the film version, but the book is very good
  • Sheirai
    Sheirai Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Herman Hesse's "Narcissus and Goldmund", along with my reading group. I've read several of his others, and I'm a big fan.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up Bag of Bones by Stephen King (for the umpteenth time) and just started reading The New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • Ang_Quark
    Options
    Muscling my way through the (sometimes flowery) complexity of Consider Phlebas, by Iain Banks. Already really loving his ability to world build, authorial jealousy aside.
  • Chigger56
    Options
    11/22/63 by Stephen King.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i am reading. the clinical anatomy by keith l moore.
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Outlaw Platoon by Sean Parnell and The Lions of Lucerne by Brad Thor
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Just finished three books - Kathy Hepinstal's "Blue Asylum" (a major disappointment - so much promise, so little delivery), Tom Rachman's "The Imperfectionists" (not a very good read, sadly) and Stephen King's "Bag of Bones" (quite a good read, if not a bit meandering in the first few chapters).

I love Bag of Bones!! If those two other books you wrote about didn't have poor reviews from you I would check them out. Would love to hear another one of your favorites so I can check it out.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm also a big reader of YA. I'm reading The City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments#2), The Dead (The Enemy#2), and I'll Be There. Oh, and The Loser List. I teach 7th grade.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Day by Day Armageddon
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    The Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Smutty goodness.