May Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    so I don't have time to paste my old weigh ins, but I stayed the same 220... Now since we started.... I am getting very discouraged... I am working out CRAZY!!!! & staying @ my cals:sad:
    congrats to those who lost.. My cruise is now 3 weeks away, I hope I can still take some of this extra weight off... I'm gonna plan my weekend meals and post them...

God Bless
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 182
    Dec. 25: 182
    Jan. 1: Didn't weigh in
    Jan. 8: 180
    Jan. 15: 177:noway:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 165!!!

I have no idea how I lost 3lbs this week. I guess just getting back into our usual rhythm helped? That and I tend to NOT eat during times of high stress. So that probably helped. I've also been much better about my sodium and I've been drinking a lot more water. (I got a bigger bottle so I don't have to fill it up as often:laugh: )

I hope everyone else is having a good weigh in day, too!
  • lisawest
    Options
    I would like to know how to get the ticker on here could someone help

Click on the "Tools" tab up top. On the right is a link to the ticker place. If I remember right, it pretty much walks you through everything you should do. Once you have set up your ticker, you'll need to get the code for it (should be a link to that somewhere on the page). Then, in the Message Boards page, right above the posts, click on "Signature" and paste the code for your ticker in there.

I think those instructions may be on the page when you first set up your ticker, but if not, there you go! Let me know if you have any questions!

Great job aisser, Mary and chocolickkyss!

Ourgang, it can get very frustrating when the weight stops coming off. Sounds like you have upped your workouts. That's great. How are you on drinking your water? That is something that's helped me when I've hit a plateau. Something else that helped also is switching up what I do with my exercise calories. If I ate them all before, then I would only eat them if I was hungry. If I didn't eat them before, then I would start eating at least some of them. Those are some ideas that have worked for me. If you search the boards for "plateau" I know that you'll come up with several threads. Maybe one of those will have something that will work for you! Keep up the good work. It'll happen sooner or later (I vote for sooner:wink: )
  • yharmon
    yharmon Posts: 68
    Options
    Good morning!

Well, my day didn't start off as well as I'd hoped. Today was weigh in for me. I didn't lose as much as I'd hoped. I'm frustrated. I've been counting calories and staying below them and working out everyday. I'm trying to tell myself that I'm building muscle with the workouts so I didn't lose as much as I'd hoped.

Everyone have a terrific day!

Start weight: 151
    Dec. 25:
    Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8: 151
    Jan. 15:150.6
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 127

That's figuring 1.5 lbs per week. I can do this!!!!
  • FlorenceSolomon
    Options
    started again 2 weeks ago - Was 254 weighed in today 239 I hope I can keep this up
    :embarassed: :bigsmile:
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I'm officially out of the 170's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since I finished the 30 day shred, I've been doing some Turbo Jam workouts. I think changing up my workout has really helped...that, and I have been watching my sodium intake and drinking at least 10 glasses of water a day. YAY ME!!! Congrats to everyone else this week on your weight loss. Looks like everyone is doing great!

Start weight: 176
    Dec. 25: 174.6
    Jan. 1: 173.0
    Jan. 8: 171.8
    Jan. 15: 169.0 :bigsmile:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 155 (changing this from 160--I'm feeling motivated!)

Oh yeah, I totally FLUNKED the sweets challenge, but I did stay away from fast food, so I guess that's good.
  • carlithos
    Options
    I will give it a go!

Jan. 8: Start weight 160.9
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 126!!! Oh I hope so.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 177
    Dec 25: 178.9
    Jan. 1: 176.3 (-2.6)
    Jan. 8: 175.6 (-0.7)
    Jan. 15: 175.1 (-.5)
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 145

I am surprised, but excited, I am actually trending downwards!!:bigsmile:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in today so I will have to do it MOnday
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to Mary and Chocolickyss on your weight loss.:happy:

Thank you for the shout out but CONGRATULATIONS to you as well since you have a weight loss this week.

Keep up the good work ladies!
  • mirandag26
    mirandag26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds Great a late start for me but will be a nice goal to get too!! Cant wait!!!!!
    SW: 221
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 180 :)

442854.png
    If you think you can or you think you can't your right....-Henry Ford[/url]
  • betterhealth2010
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I would love to join this challenge. My weight is listed below. Good luck to everyone.

Start weight: 180 lbs
    Dec. 25..........................180 lbs
    Jan. 01...........................180 lbs
    Jan. 08 ...........................178 lbs
    Jan. 15............................177.5 lbs

I only lost 1/2 pound this week. :explode: I guess that's better than nothing but at the same time close to it. I have been eating my calories without going over and exercising. I don't know why I lost so little weight although I must admit that my face is a little smaller and my pants are loser around my waist and thighs. I think for this this week I'm going to eat fewer calories as well as exercise and see how that works. Good luck everyone and Don't Give Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • iwannaloseit
    Options
    Count my over weighted self in!!
    Starting weight 170
    Jan15
    Jan 22
    Jan 29
    Feb5
    feb 12
    feb 19
    Feb 26
    Mar 5
    Mar 12
    Mar 19
    Mar 26
    Apr 2
    Apr 9
    Apr 16
    Apr 22
    Apr 30 155
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Start weight:205
    Jan. 15: 205
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 169!!!

UGH...I just have to get through that first week! Thats so hard to do!:sad: Oh well, here's to next week !:ohwell:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS LADIES, there has been soooooo much weight loss this week. Keep up the good work!

For those of you who haven't seen a loss this week don't get discouraged. Look at what you've been doing and determine if there's something you should be doing that you're not and if you have been staying w/in your allotted calories and working out it may be that your body has gotten use to the routine and you may need to switch it up.

I was at a plateau for a couple of weeks and what I decided to do was not exercise everyday and go slighty over calories (still eating healthy) for a couple of days and then when I resumed I was able to break the plateau.

Good Luck ladies!
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Hey everybody...I joined this challenge in the beginning and then forgot all about it, but here it is: NO CHANGE!!! It stinks but i wasnt doing so good for a while. I've been doing better for the past week or so SO HOPEFULLY next friday i will see a change. i am SOOO TIRED of seeing 143!!!

Start weight: 143
    Dec. 25: 143
    Jan. 1: 143
    Jan. 8: 143
    Jan. 15: 143
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 124! (1 lb. a week)
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    Thanks Lisa for the tracker help I have on now:smile:
  • alymarphi
    alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 158
    Dec. 25: 164
    Jan. 1: 160
    Jan. 8: 158
    Jan. 15: 157
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12: MY ANNIVERSARY!
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 132
  • lisawest
    Options
    Ok, here's the proposed challenges for next week (shall we start them tomorrow?):
    1) 5 days of 30 min or more exercising by next Friday
    2) 5 days of 8 glasses or more of water by next Friday

And a continuing challenge: What have you done for YOU this week? (besides eating right and exercising:wink: )

If you have things that you are struggling with that you would like us to help keep you accountable for (heck, several of us will probably join in!), just let us know! Last week the fast food challenge took off, and it was started by just a "Here's my personal challenge to myself" and others wanted in, too. Don't be afraid to suggest a challenge if you don't think the current one is right for you right now! There are plenty of us who have been there done that, and may need to revisit!

Thought for the day: If you quit now, you will never reach the finish line.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    My personal challange is to not eat fast food 4 of 5 work days next week, This is something I struggle with a lot.
    I hate frozen dinners so does anyone have any suggestions onthings I can bring and that will help me get me fruits and veggies in?