May Day Challenge!

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• supercool111
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge now if that's cool. 15 weeks to go and I have 30 lbs to lose...
  • betterhealth2010
    Options
    I did it! I got up at 5:30 and worked out for 30 min before getting ready for work! Ok, so it helped that DH's alarm went off at 5:00 so HE could go downstairs and lift weights. And he was clanging around RIGHT under my bed. That definately made it easier to get up since I wasn't asleep to start with!:laugh: I do have to say, it was hard to get out of bed because I had a cuddly 2 yo boy come in after DH got up. SOOO hard to get out of bed when he comes in to cuddle, mostly because I know he won't want to cuddle for too long:cry: But I got up, started working out, and out comes my 5 yo. (She lost her first tooth last night, and she had to come show me what the tooth fairy brought her.) After I finished on the Wii, she wanted to workout too.:happy: So she did until it was the usual time I would get her up, and then it was business as usual.

Congrats on getting up in the morning Lisa. I am planning to do that tomorrow but unlike you I don't think I'm going to do thirty minutes. I am going to click on fitness on demand on cable and do a 10 minute warm up. As you can tell I'm not a morning exerciser but I feel so much better after exercising in the afternoon I want the same benefit all day long. I may go longer than the 10 mins in the morning tomorrow depending on how I feel. Congrats again I know it takes sooooo much to get out of that bed in the morning especially with a 2 yr old cuddler there.:wink:
  • alymarphi
    alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all! I hope everyone's weekend was wonderful and there were no major setbacks. My weekend started well and ended alright so I won't do too much complaining. Despite my back hurting (I have arthritis in my lower left back) throughout the weekend and even into today I manage to workout everyday. Saturday I probably over did it but yesterday and today I think I took it a little easier. Today, I completed 4 miles of the Leslie Sansone dvd w/5 lb weights for a total of 50 minutes. The workout is done now the rest of the day can begin.

Have a good day everyone!

I have arthritis too... it makes it hard for me to get up inthe morning and working out seems out of the question sometimes. are you on medication? what kind of workouts do you do?
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to our new topic so we don't get lost when this one reaches the magic 500 posts!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/78275-may-day-challenge-take-2
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all! I hope everyone's weekend was wonderful and there were no major setbacks. My weekend started well and ended alright so I won't do too much complaining. Despite my back hurting (I have arthritis in my lower left back) throughout the weekend and even into today I manage to workout everyday. Saturday I probably over did it but yesterday and today I think I took it a little easier. Today, I completed 4 miles of the Leslie Sansone dvd w/5 lb weights for a total of 50 minutes. The workout is done now the rest of the day can begin.

Have a good day everyone!

I have arthritis too... it makes it hard for me to get up inthe morning and working out seems out of the question sometimes. are you on medication? what kind of workouts do you do?

I'm not currently on any medication but I have done just about everything to relieve the pain. I was being followed by the pain management clinic for a while but didn't feel any relief so decided to go it alone. I'm pretty active when it comes to exercising so I do kickboxing, spinning, elliptical, treadmill etc but when the arthritis flares up I tend to take it a little easier. Since I love walking I will usually just walk to get some form of exercise in.
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    Hello! I want to join also! I will be doing Friday weigh-in's.. .do I just copy and paste the list of dates on friday?? I need all the support I can get because I always lose about 5-10lbs and then i'm gaining it back.. .I need to lose 30 lbs before summer and then keep it off for GOOD! Love this group, thanks for the challenge!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    fit-in-2010- Sorry about your sick kitty. It's hard to go through that with a pet. We just got a new puppy but there are days when I still think about my dogs that have in the past and remembering the goods times and the sick times. But it's worth it all!! Hang in there.

Okay, I know it's that TOM but seriously I am gaining a pound every other day this week. Up two from Friday. And I thought once you get through it, it goes back down. Hope it does by Friday. I almost feel like skipping the weigh in during this time of month. It's so discouraging. I know it's midweek, but my personal challenge for this and next week it to not get so worked up over the little things. Been stressed out with kids and the awful, depressing weather around here so I am going to try not to get upset and keep calm. Good luck everyone!!
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    I have been meeting all my goals this week. I will weigh in tomorrow morning because I am leaving on my cruise.I hope I have lost more than the lb. that I haven't logged yet. Good luck to all:happy:
  • jdsrn62
    jdsrn62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I am new to this website and would like to join the challenge. I am so frustrated with my normal pattern of yo-yo dieting and am hopeful that a new approach with online support will help!
    Cheers to reaching my goal weight in 5 months and then maintaining for life!!
    Start weight 196.
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30:

Hope I can figure out how to get the most out of this site! How do you get the little ticker on your post?
  • lisawest
    Options
    Here is the link to our new topic so we don't get lost when this one reaches the magic 500 posts!

Just a reminder that we've started the migration to our new topic! Hope to see all of you over there!
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    Start weight: 175
    Jan. 15: 173
    Jan. 22: 170
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30:155
    Goal is to get down to 135 to 140
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Finally broke my plateau!!!

Start weight: 143
    Dec. 25: 143
    Jan. 1: 143
    Jan. 8: 143
    Jan. 15: 143
    Jan. 22: 143
    Jan. 29: 142!!!!!!!
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 124! (1 lb. a week)
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Running a 5k on May 2nd, 2010.
    Glad to part of this team!

Jan. 1, 2010:
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22: 168lbs
    Jan. 29: 166lbs
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 158 or 156lbs (around there)...less than 160 for sure :)
  • twt1999brd
    Options
    I have been away for a while...again :embarassed: But I bought myself a heart rate monitor. It got me motivated and I love seeing the results of my effort. Friday I burned a total of 850 calories after taking two classes at Golds. And Saturday I burned over 1000. The spin class and step class is where a bulk of that comes from. If I do a spin class then a step class, which is what I am doing tonight, I might just burn everything I eat today! :happy:
  • yharmon
    Options
    Good morning!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent mine iced in at home. But I counted my calories and worked out and it's really paying off. Here are my new numbers for Friday's weigh in. I lost a total of 7 inches last week!!!! :bigsmile: I am so excited. That is a huge motivator to keep working! :happy: Have a terrific day!!!

Start weight: 151
    Dec. 25:
    Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8: 151
    Jan. 15:150.6
    Jan. 22:149.2
    Jan. 29:146.8
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 127

That's figuring 1.5 lbs per week. I can do this!!!!
  • lisawest
    Options

Just a reminder that we've started the migration to our new topic! Hope to see all of you over there!