May Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies, once again i'm late logging in b/c I had such a busy morning. My day started w/a trip to the gym. I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and completed a 45 minute kickboxing class. My back felt pretty good this morning but I think I over did it b/c it's beginning to ache now. After the gym I head to various locations trying to complete all of the days errands so that once I returned home I could relax. All the errands have been completed so now I can either watch a movie or begin reading my new book......decisions......decisions......decisions.

BTW, even though weigh in days are on Fridays I decided to step on the scale this morning out of curiosity and to my surprised I had dropped another pound which puts me at my goal weight....WOOHOO....WOOHOO....WOOHOO. I won't record the weight until this week's weigh-in but it feels great knowing that with some hard work and dedication I have reached my goal. Let the maintenance phase begin.........

Anyhow, I hope everyone's day is progressing well.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    I really stink at this.

Start weight: 143
    Dec. 25: 143
    Jan. 1: 143
    Jan. 8: 143
    Jan. 15: 143
    Jan. 22: 143
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 124! (1 lb. a week)
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Don't feel that way!
    There are a number of reasons the number on the scale isn't changing!
    Keep going!
    : )
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    i have had a very good week. i got to water aerobics 3 times, and did wii fit plus 5 days, did weight training 3 times. yes, back on track. And i did well with water this week, too.

(my first mini-goal is coming up in 3 weeks, and it looks like i may be there. woohoo!) -katie

Starting weight 244.2
    weigh-in Jan.1- 240.2
    Jan. 8: 237.4
    Jan. 15: 235.2
    Jan. 22: 231
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12: (mini-goal 225)
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: (205)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies, today's workout is complete. Yesterday I bought a Leslie Sansone dvd to use as my light cardio day and today I did 3 miles of the 5 that are offered. I believe it was a total of 36 minutes.

I will chill out and watch football the rest of the day.
  • betterhealth2010
    Options
    BTW, even though weigh in days are on Fridays I decided to step on the scale this morning out of curiosity and to my surprised I had dropped another pound which puts me at my goal weight....WOOHOO....WOOHOO....WOOHOO. I won't record the weight until this week's weigh-in but it feels great knowing that with some hard work and dedication I have reached my goal. Let the maintenance phase begin.........

Chocolickkyss,

CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goal weight! I am soooooo happy for you.:flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

Chocolickkyss,

CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goal weight! I am soooooo happy for you.:flowerforyou:

Thank you for the congrats, it sure feels good, now I have to maintain it which has always been difficult. I'm equipped to win in 2010 so this time will be different.
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    What is our challenge for this week?
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I noticed that we have over 400 posts on this thread. I don't know if you know this, but there is a 500 post capability on this site. When you hit 500, the next post gets bumped to a new thread. You can find it by clicking on a very small link that will show up in that last post, but on other groups that I have been on, when this happens, some get confused and may take several days to find us again. Anyway, just wanted to point that out before it happens. You can either let it go that way, or start a new thread at some point, with a post and a link on here explaining that we are changing threads. Forgive me if I am telling you all something you already know.

Have a great week all!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    What is our challenge for this week?

Personally, I have fallen off the "do something for yourself" wagon.:ohwell: Got my new glasses ordered, and that's been about it.

What are others struggling with?

I am STILL:frown: struggling with getting in my planned workouts. *sigh* I know if I would JUST get up earlier I could have it out of the way for the day, and that would be great. My biggest hang up with that is that I am a true night owl. Keep me up past midnight, no prob! Get up at 5:30? :noway: Most days I can deal with this (especially during the winter when the sun helps psych me out:laugh: ), but I HATE getting up:yawn: . I know, I know. Stop whining and just do it. Ok, I'm gonna try it tomorrow morning. I swear I will. Wish me luck! I will get up and do 30 minutes MINIMUM on the Wii. I'm gonna do it. Hmmmm, if I do the 30 min free step, I could even watch some news. I'm sure it's on SOMEWHERE at that time of the morning. (I used to be a news junkie, but with the advent of children, NO TV in the AM. Prevents :sad: children!) Maybe THAT will make me more likely to do it! (I seriously HATE not finding out about things like, oh, Haiti's earthquake, until the next day)

So that is my challenge. Get an ACTUAL exercise routine set up. Rather than just doing it after school, if I don't have 15 other things going that night, IF I'm not exhausted from the 15 things I've been doing for the last 3 nights. You see the vortex. Eeeeeesh.

I'm gonna watch the news in the morning! I'm gonna do it! AND I will NOT be sitting on my behind when I do! *as she bounces around psyching herself up*

Any other suggestions?
  • lisawest
    Options
    I noticed that we have over 400 posts on this thread. I don't know if you know this, but there is a 500 post capability on this site. When you hit 500, the next post gets bumped to a new thread. You can find it by clicking on a very small link that will show up in that last post, but on other groups that I have been on, when this happens, some get confused and may take several days to find us again. Anyway, just wanted to point that out before it happens. You can either let it go that way, or start a new thread at some point, with a post and a link on here explaining that we are changing threads. Forgive me if I am telling you all something you already know.

Have a great week all!

I knew they locked the thread at 500, but I didn't know what happened then. Perhaps we should just start a new thread before hand. Might save some headaches. I'll try to get that done on Monday, since we seem to be able to go through a LOT of posts during a chatty week! Watch for the link to our new thread!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Monday all! I hope everyone's weekend was wonderful and there were no major setbacks. My weekend started well and ended alright so I won't do too much complaining. Despite my back hurting (I have arthritis in my lower left back) throughout the weekend and even into today I manage to workout everyday. Saturday I probably over did it but yesterday and today I think I took it a little easier. Today, I completed 4 miles of the Leslie Sansone dvd w/5 lb weights for a total of 50 minutes. The workout is done now the rest of the day can begin.

Have a good day everyone!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    so excited about this weekend.... I found my taebo dvd & my weight monday morning was the same as friday!!!!! Woohoo....
    got up this morning an my little one has her TOM FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! Oh no not already:cry:

did my taebo an ready for the day!!!

God Bless
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    The scale was not my friend this morning. I was very good all week, worked out a lot, and logged every bite that I ate this weekend, but it looks like I gained a pound. I am not putting it on my ticker yet though. I am telling myself that since I upped the intensity of my workouts, maybe a little of my fat turned to muscle. I will jump right back in this morning, and get down to business. Have a good Monday, and here's to smart choices!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    So... I have been "off my game" so to speak, since last Tuesday. Missed 2 cardio days last week (1 on tuesday when the MIL wanted to come over and visit, and another on Saturday). Food and water intake over the last three days has been atrocious. It started Friday, when my husband was offered a clerking position for after lawschool (yay!) and we decided to go out to dinner to celebrate. One meal off plan couldn't be all that bad, right? I had one martini, ate about a third of my meal, got desert to go (low carb cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory). Not half an hour after getting home, we get a call from MIL telling us one of the cats is very ill and she's taking him into the emergency vet. Hubby and I piled into the car and met up with MIL and kitty, and spent the next 3 hours at the vet, waiting on lab results. Kitty's liver is failing and he apparently has diabetes. We leave him overnight, grab a few quick hours of sleep at home, then are up at 6 a.m. Saturday morning to transport kitty from the emergency vet to his regular doctor for continued treatment. Husband then has school obligations, and MIL takes me home and asks to stay and hang out for the morning. MIL leaves around noon, hubby gets home, then we have to run right out and pick up my car which has been at the mechanics for 3 days. We get home again, heat up some leftovers from Friday night, then take a quick nap since we are SO very tired from worrying about kitty. Hubby has to be back up at school early Sunday morning, so we can't nap overlong. We stay up for a few hours in the evening, eat something (I don't even remember what) and get to bed at a reasonable time. Hubby leaves for school, I veg on the couch with the TV on, too numb to do anything useful. Hubby gets home, we have a bite of lunch, then run out to the vet to visit kitty. He doesn't seem to be doing great, but the doctor is insisting his chances are good -- maybe 50/50 at this point. We come home, order pizza (because the kitchen is a mess, and honestly neither one of us really feels like dealing with cleaning or cooking or much else at this point).

Hubby has school today. I may or may not be going into work at some point. MIL is my boss, so... it half depends on whether SHE goes in, and if she needs me at all. I'm trying to focus on getting back into the daily swing of things -- bring some normalcy back -- get back to eating right, getting enough water, getting my workout in. All I want is to sit in front of the TV for distraction, but I know that is probably not the best thing I can do for myself -- or anyone else -- right now. So I will eat some breakfast, and drink some water, and maybe try and get a little housework accomplished -- keep my hands and brains busy for the time being -- and just see how the day goes.
  • lisawest
    Options
    I did it! I got up at 5:30 and worked out for 30 min before getting ready for work! Ok, so it helped that DH's alarm went off at 5:00 so HE could go downstairs and lift weights. And he was clanging around RIGHT under my bed. That definately made it easier to get up since I wasn't asleep to start with!:laugh: I do have to say, it was hard to get out of bed because I had a cuddly 2 yo boy come in after DH got up. SOOO hard to get out of bed when he comes in to cuddle, mostly because I know he won't want to cuddle for too long:cry: But I got up, started working out, and out comes my 5 yo. (She lost her first tooth last night, and she had to come show me what the tooth fairy brought her.) After I finished on the Wii, she wanted to workout too.:happy: So she did until it was the usual time I would get her up, and then it was business as usual.
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Poor Kitty! :frown: I hope he makes it! We had to put one of our cats down about two years ago, its very hard! I hope you feel better soon.

Lisa, congrats on working out in the morning! You are better than me, every night I say I am going to get up and work out but it never happens. So I have to work out during the day or at night because I just can't wake up. I was going to get up today but I couldn't sleep last night:mad: , So I'm really tired and I have a big assignment due at 3pm today! but I peaked at the scale and I'm down a pound so that made my day.

Happy Monday to all!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Sorry I feel off the grid for a while but I am back and ready to go.
    I have set 2 personel challanges for myself. I am taking one day at a time with a no chocolate challange. They guys brought home a bag full of mixed reeces peanut butter cups and they are my true weakness. So I am taking one day at a time saying NO to them. My other challange is to start eating breakfast at home instead of stopping on my way to work to get a biscuit.

I have just over 4 months until I see my family again and I want to be at my goal weight by then so I can blow them away.:drinker:
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Poor Kitty! :frown: I hope he makes it! We had to put one of our cats down about two years ago, its very hard! I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, Ktbell626. He's hanging in there, but we've just got to take it one day at a time and see if he'll improve enough to come home (home is with the in-laws, but he was my husband's cat for years before we moved into our own place.) We may go visit him this evening when the hubby is done with work.

Gonna go get my workout in, now. At least I can accomplish that much today.
  • alymarphi
    alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 158
    Dec. 25: 164
    Jan. 1: 160
    Jan. 8: 158
    Jan. 15: 157
    Jan. 22: 155
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12: MY ANNIVERSARY!