Fit N' Fun-Sized - WEEK 5!

Options

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    was bad last night!! Stayed up WAY too late and munched on junk food!!!

4 Joe Joes (like oreos)
    3 small sugar cookies
    ~1 cup baked cheese poofs
    1 tbsp goose liver pate' on whole grain bread
    1 tbsp nutella and 1/2 banana on whole grain bread
    small slice gingerbread cake
    ~1/4 cup heath bar ice cream

Obviously I felt like CRAP after that. This morning I woke up and did 30 hard minutes on our stationary bike. Later on I'm lifting and running. I'll probably also play Wii Sports Resort today. Other than this I have been super good! I think it happened because I underate so badly the day before.

I wonder if part of your eating this extra food has to do with you being at 1200 calories and doing all of the shoveling?
    Any way, I also think you should feel somewhat accomplished....did you notice that your *bad Food* listed above contains healthy food choices? Goose liver on Whole grain bread and nutella and 1/2 banana on whole grain bread....since when is that junk food !?!?! Just don't feel too bad about it. You are obviously making better food choices.

This reminds me of a Jillian Michaels Article I read recently:
    Keep in mind, all this work — mental and physical — is helping you look at your life in new ways, with deeper insight and understanding. The bottom line is this: You can never go back to your old way of life if you want to maintain your new physique. You're on the wagon, my friend. As with any kind of recovery, just because you're rehabilitated doesn't mean you don't have to be vigilant to guard against a relapse.

All that soul-searching and honest examination has to continue. All those behavior modifications and healthy, life-affirming habits you learned have to stay in place every day for the rest of your life.

I know, it sucks and it's hard. Whatever. It's the truth. The good news is that it will get easier. You'll get accustomed to how awesome it feels to treat yourself well, not to mention how awesome you'll feel every time you look in the mirror or catch your reflection in a store window! Eventually, behaviors and choices you've had to think through will become gut instinct.

Yea, that day I meant to eat more, but I went to visit someone so I got too busy that night getting ready, and then we didn't go out to eat or anything and I just wasn't hungry (one of those days where fatigue wins out over hunger!).

These days very rarely happen to me anymore. I have been at this a couple years and I am really happy with my body now. I think I was mostly disappointed because I thought I was over binging like that. The whole time I was thinking.."You're going to feel bad about this when you're done!" And I wouldn't listen to my better judgment. I just wanted the gratification of tasting all the good food. Looking back, you're right, I didn't do too poorly...it was more overeating rather than eating terrible foods.

Yesterday I did have 4 christmas cookies--two thin sugar ones and two almond ones--along with a couple pieces of candy. But I left a lot of calories open and ate 1400 calories of good food out of the 1900 I was allotted. Those cookies satisfied me and I wasn't tempted to pig out on anything else. This morning I woke up and did 30 minutes of fasted cardio on the bike. Later I'm doing Day 1 Week 2 of the Freeway to 10K.
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Man, my sweet neighbors keep dropping of great baked goods for me!!! I love sweets and want some so much!!! I have been good though. I did however decide that Christmas was going to be a free day!! I have not gone over calories in 8 weeks so I have earned it !!!! Hope everyone is having a good day

Tonight is boot camp, my last night actually so I get measurements taken again. Fingers crossed:noway:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: As long as we're keeping track of calories and exercising and sharing with each other we won't get too far off track. We had a potluck salad lunch after line dance class today. thanks to eleven months of logging my food, I knew immediately what to eat and what not to :bigsmile: I think my friends were a little surprised that I ate as much as I did----they seem to think I'm living on water and broccoli or something like that.:laugh: I brought cup up broccoli, cauliflower, and peppers and hummus for a dip. I ate a few things I don't usually eat (salad with unknown dressing and cashews, salmon spread made with cream cheese and walnuts, triscuits) but stayed away from the fruit salad made with cool whip, spanakopita, and the chocolate cake. When I came home, I changed my clothes, took the dogs to the dog park for 40 minutes, and rode the stationery bike for 35 minutes. This lifestyle of choose food carefully and exercise a lot has become a habit and I love it. Only one person made a snide comment about my weight calling me "matchstick thin" :laugh: :laugh:

I know we'll all do well as we make our way through the holiday food events.:bigsmile:
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am nearly through day seven of a challenge not to eat any sweets or junk/fast food for seven days. It has been challenging with all of the sweets and goodies at work, but I am really proud of myself and I am sure it has helped me in many ways. Now I can feel okay with a little Christmas treat because I know I am strong enough to resist.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    60 mins of circuit training-DONE
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Today was carrot cake at line dance.....today someone asked the teacher to put on some music for those of us who weren't eating cake so we could dance while the eating was going on.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Today I lifted (chest/triceps/shoulders) for 45 min...HARD..all supersets and really heavy. Then I did 15 min on the stairmill (lvl 10) and 30 min on the bike. Also cleaned house for about 90 min.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I wanted to take a minute to say "Merry Christmas to MFP and your families". May tomorrow be filled with great times and even better memories.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I had lost you all for a few weeks.

I weigh the same as I did on November 1 and glad for it as I have been having some of the many holiday snacks going around. I have been exercising 30-45 minute everyday and I bought a swim pass for 30 days so I will be motivated to swim several times a week over semester break.

Glad to find the thread again and that everyone is doing so well.

Jeannie
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I hope you are enjoying time with family. We aren't snowed in, but have had to shovel the last two days and it's still coming down. I must admit, I LOVE IT! It has made this Christmas even more magical and memorable!

I'm thinking about heading out for a walk in the snow and maybe going sledding with the kids tomorrow. I'm not gonna let a little snow get in my way!

I hope you're able to get out and enjoy the weather, no matter where you are!

Jan

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good christmas! I havent logged on since xmas eve and been eating so much junk!!! Back to reality now. I forgot to weigh in this morning so i will do it tomorrow.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I logged my calories and ate fairly well but with potlucks and eating at someone else's house, there was tooooooo much sodium so even though I weighed today, I'm not going to take the number seriously until I've had a day or two of healthy eating and lots of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: .
  • jandie
    Options
    Weigh in day...

SW - 174

CW - 170

I lost 1 pound in the last week. Yeah!

297898.png
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great job Jandie! I am skipping this weeks weigh in due to the last week. I will weigh in again next week (well, it wont be Sunday because I will be traveling, but soon after).
  • jandie
    Options
    Great job Jandie! I am skipping this weeks weigh in due to the last week. I will weigh in again next week (well, it wont be Sunday because I will be traveling, but soon after).

Thanks, Stephanie! How's it going at your Mom's? I can't imagine what a challenge that would be for me! I love her to death, in small doses. And her cooking leaves A LOT to be desired. Hope you're staying strong and getting in a little exercise. :smile:

I went shopping today to get new jeans. I found a pair of 12 Petites that I loved, but then realized they weren't on sale and couldn't justify the price. My husband made me laugh when I got home because he said "why do you want new jeans when you're only going to wear them a few times before they'll be too big?" Good point and excellent support. :love: His jeans are falling off of him - literally! Mine aren't quite that bad, yet. LOL! I suppose I should look through the old jeans in my closet... I hope they're not MOM jeans! :noway:

I got 30 Day Shred for Christmas but haven't started yet... I have no excuses, just haven't. We are off to see family tomorrow, so I'll shoot for Tuesday.

Take care!

Jandie

297898.png
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing in until next week.

Congradulations to all who have lost or at least not gained.

JAM
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hi all...im at my familys house for the holidays so i wont be able to weigh in until wednsday...ill let u all know. hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    I agree with the not weighing in until next week. I tried to eat clean but...afternoon and night time temptation were so strong. A couple days of eating healthy (like barbiecat said) and I know the number on the scale will return to it's set point for me.

I'm on vacation today and tomorrow....but I'm going to log my foods! I think that is the tool that works best for me right now.

Happy Monday
    Sherry
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I'm with you guys--not weighing in until Thursday or Sunday. I weigh in Thursday for the New Year's group. I haven't weighed in a while, but I know by looking in the mirror that I rapidly lost the water weight I gained from Christmas Eve/Day. I have been working REALLY hard.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    k, i wont weigh in til next week. i got back to exercising today...60 mins of circuit training.