Fit N' Fun-Sized - WEEK 5!

Options

Replies

• jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Our group may be getting smaller... in many ways! I miss the people but I'm sure NO ONE is missing the pounds. :happy: I am SOO proud of all of us for sticking with it! Whether you check in on a regular basis or not! Barbie, Choco, Sherry, JAM, Cherie, songbyrdsweet, jzbaby breezy, and Supermom you're kicking butt and taking names! WAY TO GO GIRLS! :heart: THANK YOU FOR INSPIRING ME!!!! :drinker:

I haven't found the new link... ? Help me. :flowerforyou:

Jandie

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    I dont think there is a new thread this week yet, i cant find it either.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - sorry I haven't checked in, it has been a little crazy with the holidays. I just got back yesterday and am trying to recuperate today.

Would it be easier if we started doing threads for months versus weeks? I am in another group that does that and it seems a little easier to follow.
  • breezy81
    Options
    I think monthly would be better.

Welcome back
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Savvysteph, your presence was definitely missed. A monthly thread sounds cool w/me.

My workout is complete for today. I still haven't made it to the gym b/c I just can bear the cold early in the morning. I may try Friday and Saturday but no promises (smile). Instead of rocking it out at the gym I've been doing it in the comforts of my living room w/the help of the Biggest Loser and Jillian Michaels dvds. Today I completed 50 minutes of Jillian Michael's "No More Trouble Zones" and have already planned out and logged my meals for the rest of the day, so, i'm feeling a bit productive.

Hope everyone's day is going well.

Til next time.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone...I stayed the same this week at 157.8...didn't gain but didn't lose...it's all good...I had a 2 pound loss last week so I'll just say it evens out. Hope all is well. Has anyone noticed how busy it is at the gym this week. Guess its all the New Year's resolutions people have decided on. I heard it will thin out in a month or two.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Hey everyone...Finished my workout for the AM, 30 mins of cardio. I hope to fit in 30 more mins tonight. They took my Biggest Loser workout with Bob Harper off of On Demand :angry: so i guess im gonna have to actually buy it now lol. I tried a different program today and it kicked my butt!! Thats good tho, its good to keep switchin it up. Monthly thread sounds easier to me too. Last night i stayed under my calories until i got the evil night time munchies. I had some mixed nuts and peanut butter chips...could have been worse i suppose but i still wish i didnt eat it.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Please forgive my ignorance but do we weigh in for this thread and if so, when? I tell you I've posted on so many different threads (some have fizzled) over the last month I'm having a hard time keeping track of the weigh in days.
  • jandie
    Options
    Good Afternoon from KC, where we're having a snow day, even though the snow hasn't even started falling yet. :frown: It's ridiculous! The kids just went back to school yesterday! Deep breath!

I weighed in this morning and lost 3 pounds! YEAH! And the best news is, I'm no longer considered obese! DOUBLE YEAH! I've completed my workout and might get to shovel, when and if it starts to accumulate. LOL! It might sound weird, but I LOVE to shovel snow! (I hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that.)

Breezy, a monthly thread is a great idea.

Choco, I think we were weighing in before Christmas. But I think we might have lost whoever did the form.

Keep up the great work, ladies!!!

297898.png
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 155.4 for by beginning 2010 weight and I'm going to focus on not eating my exercise calories any more. I think I was using them as an excuse to eat more.

There are so many posts since the last time I checked in I will just wish everyone a good choice day and try to check in more often.

What day is the weigh in and what day to we change posts?

Thanks,

JAM
  • breezy81
    Options
    Good Afternoon from KC, where we're having a snow day, even though the snow hasn't even started falling yet. :frown: It's ridiculous! The kids just went back to school yesterday! Deep breath!

I've completed my workout and might get to shovel, when and if it starts to accumulate. LOL! It might sound weird, but I LOVE to shovel snow! (I hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that.)

Breezy, a monthly thread is a great idea.

297898.png

I'm in Topeka, about 45 min. from KC and it is adding up something fast!!! I love to shovel snow myself but having done 20+ inches in the last twoo weeksI'm a bit over it! I'm sure the kids will be out tomorrow oh joy!!!!
  • jandie
    Options
    I'm in Topeka, about 45 min. from KC and it is adding up something fast!!! I love to shovel snow myself but having done 20+ inches in the last twoo weeksI'm a bit over it! I'm sure the kids will be out tomorrow oh joy!!!!

I know Topeka well! I went to Whitson, Landon, and Topeka West, then we moved before my sophmore year. My parents moved back after I graduated.

The snow finally started about an hour ago. I just finished sweeping. There wasn't enough to shovel, maybe 1/2", but I wanted to outside and do something.

I just heard... no school tomorrow, either. :sad:

Take care and stay warm!

Jandie

297898.png
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Since I weigh in on Friday for another thread I'll just post my weight here as well just in case we decide to resume.

Congratulations Jandie on losing 3 lbs and getting out of the obese category, that's a HUGE success. Be proud of yourself b/c it was your hard work that got you where you are.

GA is expecting 3 inches of snow and I swear the state just might shut down. I don't mind all the hoopla b/c it may cut my work day short. I'm originally from Boston so 3 inches isn't impressing me at all BUT since I don't like shoveling I'm glad it's not much more than that.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!!!

Ugh I've been eating good all day and then my hubby called me and told me he wouldnt be home by the end of the month like they thought, and they're still not giving them an exact date.... ugh.... its so frustrating so then at my sons snack time I was making him some raisin bread toastand just gave in and ate 5 pieces.... ugh...i feel horrible...... and ive been feeling so good about myself and I feel like I'm looking thinner but the scale still hasnt moved so im feeling down about that too. ugh
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!!!

Ugh I've been eating good all day and then my hubby called me and told me he wouldnt be home by the end of the month like they thought, and they're still not giving them an exact date.... ugh.... its so frustrating so then at my sons snack time I was making him some raisin bread toastand just gave in and ate 5 pieces.... ugh...i feel horrible...... and ive been feeling so good about myself and I feel like I'm looking thinner but the scale still hasnt moved so im feeling down about that too. ugh

Supermom I can't imagine what you're going through with not knowing when your husband will be returning but try not to let it sidetrack all the progress you've made. According to your tracker you've lost 51 and that's awesome. I know not seeing the scale move can be frustrating but continue plugging away. If you haven't already you may want to take a look at what your doing and switch things up. Perhaps your body has adjusted to your workout regime and your eating habits. It's a new year, so shake it up a little.

All in all I wish you luck as you continue your weight loss journey and I will pray that your husband will return home soon.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Normally I'd tell everyone getting snow to send it to New Mexico (where I am), but I just finished shovelling the last foot from the driveway and need a week to get over it.

It's snowing in strange places this week. Next week sent it my way.

JAM
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Send snow my way!!! Its only going to freeze here, probably be in the 20s some later in the week supposedly, I'd LOVE to have snow!!!!

Thanks for the encouragment ladies, I ended up going for a run in my house and felt a lot better about the stress eating... at least I burned the calories off, but still I need to learn to deal with stress better, like just exercising in the first place and not eating outside of my calorie count for the day, especially when I'm stress eating energy dense-nutrient lacking foods. I hope everyone had a good day and is staying focused on their goals!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I love that there are so many of us posting on this thread again. I like the idea of changing the thread each month so we don't lose track of it. I haven't posted a new weight in awhile but I think it's long enough after the holidays and the big lunch at the Chinese restaurant that my weight should be valid when I weigh either tomorrow or Friday.

I've been staying within my calories by ending my day with 20 minutes on the exercise bike, in fact, that's what I'm off to do right now.
    :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker:
  • breezy81
    Options
    Normally I'd tell everyone getting snow to send it to New Mexico (where I am), but I just finished shovelling the last foot from the driveway and need a week to get over it.

It's snowing in strange places this week. Next week sent it my way.

JAM

Wow, I am originally from ALbuquerque, back when I was there that would have shut us down for days!!!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I love that there are so many of us posting on this thread again. I like the idea of changing the thread each month so we don't lose track of it. I haven't posted a new weight in awhile but I think it's long enough after the holidays and the big lunch at the Chinese restaurant that my weight should be valid when I weigh either tomorrow or Friday.

I've been staying within my calories by ending my day with 20 minutes on the exercise bike, in fact, that's what I'm off to do right now.
    :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker:

Sorry I know this is really random but you said holidays and Chinese restaurant in the same sentence and the scene from The Christmas story popped in my head where they're at the Chinese restaurant Christmas day and the men are trying to sing and then they chop the ducks head off right in front of them lol We always have the 24hr marathon playing every Christmas day, again sorry for the randomness lol "Fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra"