Fit N' Fun-Sized - WEEK 5!

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Workout is done for today. I completed 45 minutes of Jillian Michael's boost your metabolism dvd. I haven't worked out in a few days in an attempt to get over this plateau. I hope it works.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,129 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I got a pair of Skechers Shape-Ups so now my whole life is a workout :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll weigh in on Sunday and take that number seriously.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Today I did my normal 30 minutes of fasted cardio on the bike (have done that the past 3 days) and then in the afternoon lifted (back/biceps) for 40 min. and went on the x-trainer for 30 min. I'm tired! :tongue:
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Hi all, been MIA fro the last few days trying to get through Christmas and a blizzard and a bitter cold front. Where is summer???

I actually lost weight of the holiday though, weighed in down a lb plus it's my TOM so I was very bloated!! I started 30 day shred last night, wow that was a work out. Hope everyone has a great week and Happy New Year!!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Good morning all. Boy will I need to find some motivation today. Since I am a morning person I generally like to get my workouts over with as early as possible but today I got an unexpectant work assignment so I wasn't able to do it as I had hoped/planned. My gym offers a variety of classes in the evening so my plan is to head to the gym immediately after work but I soooo hate working out in the evening. I will admit that the group challenge of completing at least 30 minutes of exercise this week is helping me stay focused but I can't lie, I'm not looking forward to this evening workout. I'm sure I'll be soooo happy when its done but cursing all the way to the gym....lol

Have a great day all.
  • Did 20 mins of cardio today. Not nearly enough..so my goal for tonight is 30 more mins of cardio. I had a good day yesterday. I burned 744 calories and didn't eat too much.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Morning! Already finished my 30 min. on the bike and ate a yummy breakfast (oats & whey w/ yogurt). Today I will lift for about 40 min again (chest, tris) and do Day 3 Week 2 of the Freeway to 10K, which is 35 min run/walking intervals and 8 min warmup/cooldown.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    I went swimming today which is a rare weekday treat for me. It seemed odd to be indoors swimming while snow was falling outside, but it was fun.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    My workout is complete for today. I received an unexpected work assignment today which totally threw me off my game. I was unable to head to the gym as originally planned so decided I would go this evening. I became concerned that I would find an excuse not to go to the gym this afternoon so went ahead and completed Jillian Michael's "Trouble Zones" dvd which is 45 minutes. I'm glad the workout is behind me and if I decide to head to the gym tonight that will just be the icing on the cake.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 3,147 Member
    Today was tough for me. I slept late (6:30am) and did not feel like working out, so I ate breakfast (cereal, toast, cereal,sugar, toast and jelly, repeat, repeat). Then left the house to go shopping with my 12 yr old son. Came home by 9:15 - had the last slice of breakfast pizza and did a DVD - Kenpo- Which I really did the motions but not the intensity. Then I took a nap and then Showered.

Had my Protein shake and went sledding for the afternoon an, I am just getting back. I feel SO GOOD not to have a full belly. And So good to repent to you all for eating my morning away. Good thing I go back to work tomorrow! I'm tired of this house.

So, I may go to the GYM tonight and do either elliptical or spinning ---- or go shopping --- Not sure about what to eat. The "experts" would say to eat every 4 hrs. But If I'm full.....(from breakfast) and I have (probably) met my calories --- why would I want to eat even MORE food? Maybe just a lettuce salad with Salt an pepper......

Chocolickkyss << Good job for woking out later than you normally do....it really can throw a wrench into the day!

<<Motivaton >> Sending motivation to you all for tomorrow.

Eat Clean, Work out hard.....
    -Sherry
  • Chocolickkyss
    My workout is complete for today. Since I was unable to make it to the gym I decided to complete another dvd. This one is called "Melt it Off" and it's a combination of cardio and strength training and if you complete all 4 cardio sessions it totals about 60 minutes. I decided to give it all I had and according to MFP I burned approximately 429 calories. I have a hrm but can't seem to get it to output calories burned....I guess I have to take another look. Whatever the actual calories I'm satisfied that I gave it my all, so, I'm happy.

I decided I would enter 2010 not only with a new body, mind and spirit but w/a clean house so after I ate breakfast I hit the ground running. Cleaned both bathrooms, washed and folded laundry, swept and mopped the kitchen and dusted the entire house. Once I'm done posting here on MFP I will complete my last task of vacuuming. I won't count the calories burned doing these activities. This is just the cherry on top. I can't wait to bring in the new year with all aspects of my life heading in the right direction.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Chocko, that is a great idea! I'm glad I cleaned my place before I left for my parents' place.

This morning I actually didn't do the fasted cardio. It's leg day so I plan on hitting them REALLY hard and then doing the stairmill.

Tomorrow the gym is only open 9-2, so I will probably do a big workout like I did after Christmas day...cardio-back/biceps-cardio.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Hi all I weighed in today at 157.8. Down 2 pounds from last week and I was at my family's house the whole weekend. That is some great progress. Whoo Hoo!!!!
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Hi all I weighed in today at 157.8. Down 2 pounds from last week and I was at my family's house the whole weekend. That is some great progress. Whoo Hoo!!!!

Cherie, great job! :flowerforyou:

I took the tree down and cleaned the house today, too. I wish I would have looked at it in a positive way like you did, Chocko! I however felt like everytime I got a room clean the kids felt the need to play in there and make it look "comfortable" :noway: I guess the pillows on the couch are suppose to look flat. Oh well.

I also finished Day 1 of 30 Day Shred. It was my first video workout since I sprained my ankle and every muscle in my body feels like jello. That's a good thing, right?

Time to hit the shower and call it a night!

Keep up the great work ladies and drink up :drinker: - water that is! :wink:

Jandie

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • songbyrdsweet
    Well, my weight hasn't changed at all. Neither have my measurements. I'm a little put off, because I have been busting my tail in the gym and cut my calories back and only ate junk food three days over break so far. Maybe it's time to up the calories again. I know 1400 is low for my activity level. Hmmm...:frown:
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 3,147 Member
    songbyrdsweet- I gotta agree with you. Maybe you should increase your calories to be a consistent 1500 or something? Just a thought. You know what works for you.

Cherie, great job.

Jandie - way to go. Yep, if it feels like jello, that's a good thing. That way you know you worked it instead of just "going through the motions"

Happy New Year to you all.
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Happy New Years Eve!

I just finished 30 day Shred and am enjoying my second day of jello legs. I have been busy cleaning and purging and I'm loving it!

We're off to watch Mizzou Tigers football with friends. I'm feeling strong and will happily enjoy a few large glasses of water! :drinker: Go Tigers!

Happy New Years everyone!

Jandie

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    I've spend an hour and a half yesterday and today shovelling snow. I was so cold by the time I finished the drivewy that I gave in and had a cup of No Added Sugar Hot Chocolate. This is the first Hot Coco I've had since last March. It is a great weakness of mine, but I really thought I deserved it. I still have a lot of shovelling to do to dig us out. Hubby has a bad back, so it's just me and the kids doing the shovelling.

Happy New Year's everyone!

Jeannie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,129 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I am so happy to be back on track with line dance and healthy eating. We're going to a party tonight but we had a good dinner and plan to eat no food and just enjoy the company of friends (we won't stay until midnight :laugh: :laugh: )
    Happy New Year to all.
    Barbie
  • Chocolickkyss
    HAPPY NEW YEAR my Fit and Fun sized gals. Im so optimistic about 2010 and I look forward to continuing this weigh loss journey and healthy lifestyle with all of you.
This discussion has been closed.