Fit N' Fun-Sized - WEEK 5!

Options

Replies

• jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR my Fit and Fun sized gals. Im so optimistic about 2010 and I look forward to continuing this weigh loss journey and healthy lifestyle with all of you.

You too! :happy:

We have been playing Wii since 10 a.m. and after 5 hours of play - I think we broke it! :-( We've had it several years... but we haven't played it this much in a while... it sounds like a small plane is taking off! My DH is troubleshooting and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Woke up this morning and every muscle in my body was hurting. Spent about 15 minutes stretching out. Might do some yoga later, although we've been pretty physical and I've been standing or jumping the whole time.

Take care ladies and enjoy some time with your friends and family!

Jandie

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I hope all my fit and fun sized friends have started 2010 off in the right way. I relaxed yesterday but headed to the gym this morning. I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then took a 45 minute kickboxing class. It has been so cold in Atlanta lately that the likelihood that I will be heading to the gym the next week is pretty slim so I purchased two workout dvds so I can add variety to my life. I bought the Biggest Loser "30 Day Jump Start & Cardio Max" dvds today and I already the Biggest Loser "Power Sculpt" dvd and Jillian Michael's "Boost Metabolism and Trouble Zones" along with a few others. I hope this variety will keep things interesting b/c I just don't like going outside when it's cold.

On a side note, I can now do 30 standard push ups w/o stopping. I'm very proud of myself b/c when I began my weight loss journey on November 4, 2009 I could not do any. I had to complete the modified (on knees) version initially and eventually was able to complete 11 standard push ups. I moved from 11 to 15 then 18, 22 and today I knocked out 30.....GO CHOCO, GO CHOCO, GO CHOCO!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited.

Have a great day all.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Jandie - I hope the Wii is OK. They are so much fun. We love ours and the selection of games and workout DVDsgets better every year.

Chocolickkyss- Sounds like you are off to a good start with exercise. Congratz on the pushups. That's awsome.

I'm still thinking about what goals I will set for 2010. I don't want them to be out of reach and then get fustrated when I don't make them.

Have a good day all,

JAM
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Jandie, best wishes for the speedy recovery of your Wii........maybe it's just exhausted :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Choco, you have gotten off to a great start.....I'm am impressed by your pushups both because you can do them and because you have made such huge progress.....I still do wall pushups and knee pushups but with some effort I will try to aim for progress.

:flowerforyou: JAM---good luck on setting your goals....you are so right about not setting goals that are too far out of reach and guaranteed to fail.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I have started the year well by continuing to do the things that worked well for me. I am only two pounds away from my weight goal so I am starting to think about how to maintain my weight. I like how I'm living my life now and I want to keep feeling this good.

I've just come back from a brisk 50 minute walk at the dog park with my dogs......the weather here is mild so being outside is a pleasure for all of us. I've been on the exercise bike for 25 minutes already followed by some strength training with 5 pound hand weights and squats.

Happy 2010 to all of you.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Jandie, best wishes for the speedy recovery of your Wii........maybe it's just exhausted :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Choco, you have gotten off to a great start.....I'm am impressed by your pushups both because you can do them and because you have made such huge progress.....I still do wall pushups and knee pushups but with some effort I will try to aim for progress.

:flowerforyou: JAM---good luck on setting your goals....you are so right about not setting goals that are too far out of reach and guaranteed to fail.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I have started the year well by continuing to do the things that worked well for me. I am only two pounds away from my weight goal so I am starting to think about how to maintain my weight. I like how I'm living my life now and I want to keep feeling this good.

I've just come back from a brisk 50 minute walk at the dog park with my dogs......the weather here is mild so being outside is a pleasure for all of us. I've been on the exercise bike for 25 minutes already followed by some strength training with 5 pound hand weights and squats.

Happy 2010 to all of you.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Congrats Barbie on just about meeting your weight loss goal. I'm sure you'll lose those 2 lbs in no time especially since you're so dedicated. Keep up the great work. By the way, how long did it take for you to get to your current weight? I only have 5 lbs left but as we all know these last lbs can be STUBBORN.....LOL
  • barbiecat
    Options

Congrats Barbie on just about meeting your weight loss goal. I'm sure you'll lose those 2 lbs in no time especially since you're so dedicated. Keep up the great work. By the way, how long did it take for you to get to your current weight? I only have 5 lbs left but as we all know these last lbs can be STUBBORN.....LOL
    [/quote]

:flowerforyou: Choco, I officially started this weight loss journey on January 14, 2009......recently I went back and looked to see how much weight I'd lost each month along the way and not surprisingly, it was faster at the beginning than at the end........6-8 pounds a month at first, the 4-5 and finally 2 pounds lost in December.......my original goal was 123 which I hit in mid-October but before I got there, I decided to drop the goal down farther.......it was about 20 pounds ago that some of my "chubbier" friends started telling me not to lose any more weight :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: thanks for the encouragement.......your dedication and amazing workout regime should get you to your goal soon, too.
    hugs:heart:
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I hope all are well in the new year. I haven't been on the message boards much lately. I got off track a little at Christmas, but have doing well with eating in the new year. Now to work on the exercising.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Barbie, the true test begins tomorrow. Due to some unforeseen money matters I will not be able to rejoin my boot camp class therefore I will be going at this exercise/workout regime alone. In order to feel like I'm in boot camp I've purchased some Jillian Michaels/Biggest Loser dvd and I will complete those on my original boot camp days (mon, wed, fri) and will complete some type cardio on my off dayds. This is what I was doing when in boot camp I just hope I can stay accountable when I don't actually have an instructor. Historically I've ALWAYS seen great results when I've paid for a trainer/boot camp b/c I don't believe in wasting my money and someone else's time.

Since I have a game plan and have a variety of workouts/cardio to choose frm I'm hoping going at it alone will produce similar results.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Chocolickkyss:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    You can do it......you've learned a lot from your instructor and you're motivated, so you'll do well on your own........how about giving yourself a reward for successful completion of a home workout each day
    some days I won't let myself log onto MFP unitl I do either 20 minutes on the stationery bike or a mile with Leslie Sansone. On days of a particularly strenuous workout or very long walk, I get to have peanut butter for my snack (too many calories unless I burn a lot first) :laugh:
    :heart: :heart: hugs:heart::heart: Barbie
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Barbie, giving myself rewards for workout completed is a great idea, I'll have to think of something that will help motivate me. On the days I go to the gym I really like to treat myself w/at least 10 minutes in the sauna but its been so cold here lately I'm afraid I'll catch a cold if I go out afterwards. I really like the idea of rewarding myself for a job well done so I'm gonna think about some possible rewards.

Thank again for the suggestion.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Soo glad the holidays are over and I can get back on track!! I woke up late this morning so i couldnt work out :frown: . My goal for tonight is 45 mins of cardio. I made a smoothie for breakfast it was soooo good. :drinker: I didnt weigh in yesterday cause its my TOM, but it doesn't look like anyone else did either. I think our group is dwindeling :ohwell: Hopefully everyone will get back on track now. I know its been a rough couple weeks for me.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Where the ladies at? It looks like this group is dwindling too. Don't give up, the new year has just begun.

My workout is complete for today. Since i'm not heading to the gym until it warms up a bit I decided to pop in a Jillian Michael's dvd. I rocked out to 50 minutes of Boost Your Metabolism and it kicked my butt. I'm glad the workout is behind me and the work day has begun.

Hope you all have a productive day.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Good job chocko keep it up!! I have been off track during the holidays, but i worked out today for the 1st time since last tuesday. I did 40 mins of circuit training. I figured if i didnt get back to working out today i would stop all together. So I got my lazy butt up and did it lol. Now lets see if i can not pig out today!!! SOO dissapointed in myself for how much ive been eating!! WHERE ARE ALL MY FIT & FUN SIZED GIRLS AT???--I made a new post to try to get some of the girls back so we'll see if it works...
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good job chocko keep it up!! I have been off track during the holidays, but i worked out today for the 1st time since last tuesday. I did 40 mins of circuit training. I figured if i didnt get back to working out today i would stop all together. So I got my lazy butt up and did it lol. Now lets see if i can not pig out today!!! SOO dissapointed in myself for how much ive been eating!! WHERE ARE ALL MY FIT & FUN SIZED GIRLS AT???--I made a new post to try to get some of the girls back so we'll see if it works...

Better late than never, glad you got your workout in. While I had a couple of days where I went over my calories I think overall I did quite well.

Whats the name of the new post?
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Hello ladies!!! I know I was absent for quite a while but I've been keeping up with workouts and staying on track with food. I'm at exactly 140... ugh I'm SO ready to see 13something lol I think its close though, my runs have been getting harder and longer now so I'm hoping to see at least 3lbs gone by the end of the month when my hubby comes home and I have my first 5k. I'd truthfully like to see 5lbs gone but I know its not attainable, I'm at the point that its so hard to get these last 15lbs off its crazy frustrating. I'm going to try to catch up on everyone soon! Stay Strong Ladies!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing?
    I haven't checked in for a while...been way too busy at work. Ugh.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Hello ladies!!! I know I was absent for quite a while but I've been keeping up with workouts and staying on track with food. I'm at exactly 140... ugh I'm SO ready to see 13something lol I think its close though, my runs have been getting harder and longer now so I'm hoping to see at least 3lbs gone by the end of the month when my hubby comes home and I have my first 5k. I'd truthfully like to see 5lbs gone but I know its not attainable, I'm at the point that its so hard to get these last 15lbs off its crazy frustrating. I'm going to try to catch up on everyone soon! Stay Strong Ladies!!

Welcome back Supermom I'm so glad to read that even though you haven't checked in on the thread that you've been progressing well. Those last few lbs are so darn STUBBORN it's ridiculous. It seems like I've been trying to get these 5 off for a minute. Anyway, glad to see you back and good luck with your upcoming 5k.
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I have ben MIA for the last week or so. Family visting and getting my little girls birthday party planned... Lots of work. I had an assesment doen at the gym yesterday, I lost 7 lbs during boot camp, 17 lbs of fat came off and I added 10 lbs of muscle :love: :love: my body fat went down 10% total and my trainer said she would liek to see another 5-7% come off. My inches went way down. I am currently in the lead for most lost during class:tongue: So glad to know that I have done this right. I started 30 day shred at home and like it. If I cant get to the gym I am planning on doing shred an drunning on treadmill.

Class being over makes me nervous...no one yelling at me 3 days a week!!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I have ben MIA for the last week or so. Family visting and getting my little girls birthday party planned... Lots of work. I had an assesment doen at the gym yesterday, I lost 7 lbs during boot camp, 17 lbs of fat came off and I added 10 lbs of muscle :love: :love: my body fat went down 10% total and my trainer said she would liek to see another 5-7% come off. My inches went way down. I am currently in the lead for most lost during class:tongue: So glad to know that I have done this right. I started 30 day shred at home and like it. If I cant get to the gym I am planning on doing shred an drunning on treadmill.

Class being over makes me nervous...no one yelling at me 3 days a week!!!!

GREAT Job, I know ur so excited and proud as you should be. Hard work does pay off, keep up the great work!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Hey girls...Good to hear that a lot of people are doing good!!!