What would you tell yourself in the beginning?

Options
1235»

Replies

• iheartmy1dog
    iheartmy1dog Posts: 207
    Options
    Don't start out on so low of a calorie total......not worth it when your hair starts falling out :sad:

It will take longer than you think, but it's still more worth it than you could have imagined!

^^ 2nd this.
  • GnosisGnosis
    GnosisGnosis Posts: 148
    Options
    Do martial arts, exercise profusely, and you can eat whatever the **** you want, stupid. But I probably would have given myself the middle finger, so whatever.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    No, a full sized bag of chips and energy drink and a chocolate bar is not morning tea, no matter how depressed you are.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Start lifting NOW not later.

Buy a food scale.

ETA: and take pictures!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I would tell me to increase the calories to slow down the weight loss and work on toning along the way so my skin would have the optimum possibility of bouncing back a little better.

But then, I may be deluding myself. Maybe I'm just old and the skin is just what it was going to be regardless of how I did it... LOL
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I would never believe me if I was able to tell me how far I would come! But I would tell me not to start anything I couldnt continue for life, food choices, exercise, are a forever commitment, not a one night stand or summer fling.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Don't slip into EDNOS.

^^^This. :sad:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Start lifting NOW not later.

Buy a food scale.

ETA: and take pictures!

This.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein!

Don't start out on so low a cut!

Educate yourself on metabolic adaptation moron!

Get a food scale!

Don't have unplanned weekly cheat days idiot!

Have a plan and reassess your progress weekly, adjust calories based off the scale clown!

It's all about energy balance you prick!

I'm hard on myself.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I'd tell myself to be more aware of the threat of the Christmas Holidays season -all the way thru Valentines Day - was a killer for me the first year. I think I gained 7 or 8 pounds back after I had lost 9 pounds so successfully. It was disasterous. :cry:

I had been practicing "All or Nothing" behavior so I'd had no treats whatsoever, and then "boom" here comes the sweets and I was done. Now I plan to have something special - I really plan for it though and it is always an exception to my regular daily diet to have the specialty in fact - but I have something different and special, such as a doughnut, about once a week.

I wish I had learned to eat a more healthy breakfast earlier on. Now I have some protein every morning.

I wish I had started doing squats sooner. I feel so much stronger in my legs since I started doing them. I went from an utter weaking who'd limped around after a knee replacement to a person who can run up a flight of stairs.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You don't have to completely cut out any treats.

Don't get discouraged when the scale refuses to move.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

(I havent' been doing this all that long, but those are the things I've learned so far.)