I am so done with this program!!

Options
I have followed this program to the letter for a month now, and thanks to MFP, I am now at the highest weight I have ever been. It doesn't work!!!!

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It's not really a "programme" though. And my weight loss begs to differ.

Open your diary and we could help?
  • dlmowrey
    Options
    Go ahead, have a look!
  • Jde56
    Jde56 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough! You should eat back your exercise and you have put your body in starvation mode where it will store everything it can
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I have followed this program to the letter for a month now, and thanks to MFP, I am now at the highest weight I have ever been. It doesn't work!!!!

the days I looked at in your diary you didnt come close to the suggested amount of calories. If you dont eat enough, your body thinks you are running low on food and will conserve and your weight loss slows to a crawl.

You didnt list any exercise.

You cant blame the "program" if you dont follow it.
  • Anon4678
    Options
    Off the bat, I see a lot of days where you didn't finish logging. I also see a lot of days where you didn't drink any water at all. If you're drinking diet soda and that sort of thing without flushing it out with water, it could be water weight from excess sodium.

I can understand you're frustrated. It's incredibly tough, especially when you put in effort and don't see results. But keep at it for a bit longer. Weigh and measure absolutely everything - portion sizes can be deceiving. Log every bite. Drink some water.

If all that fails, go see your physician and have them run some bloodwork. You may be hypothyroid or have some other medical condition that precludes weight loss.

Keep at it! Best of luck.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    How about getting a food scale and doing the program?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Well for one it takes more then a month for some... If you didn't put on the weight over night, how can you expect to lose it over night?

For two, you are barely eating anything... so maybe try eating more. Also eat more whole foods and not as much processed... and drink plenty of water.

Three, I hardly saw any exercise in your diary... so throw some of that in. Cardio/strength training is what I've found out to work best.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

You're clearly doing it wrong.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat more, what exercise are you doing, how much do you want to lose, what height are you etc?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

the days I looked at in your diary you didnt come close to the suggested amount of calories. If you dont eat enough, your body thinks you are running low on food and will conserve and your weight loss slows to a crawl.

Seconded.

Going to guess you've lost weight before by eating some ridiculous crash diet, right?
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Off the bat, I see a lot of days where you didn't finish logging. I also see a lot of days where you didn't drink any water at all. If you're drinking diet soda and that sort of thing without flushing it out with water, it could be water weight from excess sodium.

I can understand you're frustrated. It's incredibly tough, especially when you put in effort and don't see results. But keep at it for a bit longer. Weigh and measure absolutely everything - portion sizes can be deceiving. Log every bite. Drink some water.

If all that fails, go see your physician and have them run some bloodwork. You may be hypothyroid or have some other medical condition that precludes weight loss.

Keep at it! Best of luck.

This.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    It's not really a "programme" though. And my weight loss begs to differ.

Open your diary and we could help?

This
  • anthemforagirl
    Options
    You have to build muscle in order to burn fat.
    Cardio, Cardio, Cardio!
    You need to eat in order to keep your metabolism fully functioning.

This website and tracker does work, but you have to be willing to educate yourself as well.
    It is a process, but a necessary one in order to make a successful change.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Please tell me you are one of those people which just don't log your veggies.. Please..
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

This^^^^^^
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

As everone else has said, you didn't follow it to the letter.
  • misslou7
    misslou7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Please tell me you are one of those people which just don't log your veggies.. Please..

This.

Try another month where you eat more GOOD food, veggies, less of the chicken wings etc, drink 8 glasses of water a day then come back to us. It does work.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    :cry: I'm with ya...since I started MFP..I've gained 10 pounds , I started at my ultimate goal weight of 109, after alot of hard work and, now back up to 120 since the last time I weighed myself, scared to get on the scale...not happy...I ork really hard, wrk out almost everyday, watch what I eat and log everything, drink water......ughhh... I am on the brink of quiting too
  • roguestates
    Options
    they see you trollin', they hatin'...

but seriously, you under eat almost every day. also, you've been here for about a month. it's going to take much longer than that.
  • lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You clearly aren't doing it right, MFP definitely DOES work!! I've been doing it since January and the difference is amazing and beyond anything i could have hoped for!