Should men be stronger then their female companions?

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Well i just wanted to say well done. you beat me and no i didnt let you win. I'm so proud of you not just for beating me but because of your journey that you have taken. Yes maybe i should work out more and no my ego is not crushed. I know i encouraged you to make this post as a NSV and i never thought you would of got this sort of responce.
    I like all the funny post's that have been placed on here and I look forword to the rest of your journey and many more play fights.

:heart: Example of superior mental/emotional strength.

Agreed! :heart:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    He should hit the weights or something man....
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, yeah I think they should be but I would feel like a total sexy badass if I was stronger than my husband. :P

I can run faster than him, he hates that. Since he found out he goes running 4 times a week. I never run anymore and can still beat him. Not so good for their egos. Hahaha
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I think it's all a matter of personal preference and where your relationship stands. Some men are just too womanly. Some women are ok with that. Me, I like my man stronger than me, and I would not feel great with a guy weaker than me. Been there, done that... hated it... girly guys are not so great to date.
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Options
    I say yes, he should be stronger, but honestly that is because we all know that men and women are built differently. But if there is a point where the female is stronger then the male, SO WHAT, it happens, just means he not being as fit/healthy/workoutobsessed as you, lol
  • aallison85
    aallison85 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cos I just beat mine at an arm wrestle, as Ive been lifting heavy and he is devastated . . . . . . . . . . oops

This country has got to the point were men have become way to womanly. Men should be men. This metrosexual, weak girly man crap wouldnt play anywhere near me.

^THIS!

Manly doesn't mean strong.."girly" doesn't mean weak...imo just saying.

LOVE IT :D

All of this!! ^^^^^
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Isn't arm wrestling a lot more about technique than actual strength. I don't think that diminishes a victory; if you're a better arm wrestler then that's cool. I don't know that it necessarily makes you stronger, though you might be.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    When I was training in Tang Soo Do, I met many woman who could kick my *kitten* in point sparring, several of whom could knock my lights in any real world situation too. But i could squat more weight :bigsmile:

My master was a 55 year old, 5'11" 135 pound woman with a a 7th degree black belt. She was super fast and deceptively powerful. She had to be. Her teacher was 6'5 and 275. :glasses:

On the home front though, I am the muscle in the house. My 17 yo son is working hard to change that.:explode:
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with that, and it depends what your into, Me personally wouldn't like it, but that's more my ego talking then anything else. that all being said, if I really liked the girl, that wouldn't be the deal breaker, but I also lift a ton, so at least it wasn't simply because I was lazy, but she was also a hard worker.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    LOL. Proud day for feminists maybe?

Personally, I love that my hubby (and most guys I know) have more muscle strength than I do. But the smart ones do not see me as weak, knowing I've endured natural child birth with no epidural, twice :tongue: . So I guess it depends on one's definition of "Strong" :wink: .

I like it when hubby comes to my rescue with his biig arm muscles :blushing:
  • chicky26
    chicky26 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well i just wanted to say well done. you beat me and no i didnt let you win. I'm so proud of you not just for beating me but because of your journey that you have taken. Yes maybe i should work out more and no my ego is not crushed. I know i encouraged you to make this post as a NSV and i never thought you would of got this sort of responce.
    I like all the funny post's that have been placed on here and I look forword to the rest of your journey and many more play fights.

Thank you husband,

You have been there for me through thick and thin, held me up and stopped me from falling, you have been my rock.

I know some of these people dont think so but I know you are strong, you have always been strong and masculine - not only physically but mentally and emotionally you are solid.

So I beat you in an arm wrestle, you are faster then me, stronger then me, can run faster then me, can carry me up our stairs and to our bed :blushing: and could most deffinatley beat the s**t out of me if you chose to, but NEVER in our 11 year relationship have you ever lifted you hand to strike me . . . . . .

So many men need to take lessons out of your book

I love you :heart:
  • benjit_t
    benjit_t Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You say men should be 'manly'. If you believe that, why don't you also think women should be 'womanly'. i.e. not getting ripped and lifting weights. Personally I think everyone is different. I think we get in trouble when we try to apply old fashioned nonsense to modern relationships. The world is much different. People are much different.

If it bothers you being physically stronger than your boyfriend/husband then I think that's YOUR problem. Maybe you need somebody new in your life. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it. If you spend lots of time in the gym and your partner doesn't - guess what ? You are going to be fitter in a bunch of ways.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Whether they should or shouldn't I cannot say. I can say I PREFER for my man to be stronger than I. I simply feel that's right for me and mine.

Happy to say my boo is stronger than I
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Whether they should or shouldn't I cannot say. I can say I PREFER for my man to be stronger than I. I simply feel that's right for me and mine.

Happy to say my boo is stronger than I

I like my man to be stronger than me as well.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    my husband is a big dude, strong and sexy and a MANS MAN, I would never have thought to castrate him, like this thred seems to do lol, especially the response the husband posted...lol, I dont know why but it just made things worse in the gene pool-for him:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

its just the impression i get from this whole fiasco- and even though with your journey- then no matter what he says- of course he let you win- let you brag- and let you think your so amazingly stronger than him so you can tell all your friends how strong you are-and how you once were weak and out of shape- meanwhile hes laughing his buns off with his buddies- and everyone thinks he so sweet- and your the last one to know...lol <--this i believe.:smokin:
  • guapogringo
    Options
    A woman can be taller, smarter, and make more money than her man; but not all three!
  • benjit_t
    benjit_t Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A woman can be taller, smarter, and make more money than her man; but not all three!

She can, just as long as she doesn't have a bigger penis, too.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i would get extremely turned off if i were stronger than my man. luckily, that will NEVER happen. i am already super intimidating to him. i don't need to be physically stronger as well. i love strong, muscular men!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My husband is bigger and stronger than me. But, I am more flexible and graceful because I'm a dancer. But, he can juggle and ride a unicycle.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Thank you husband,

You have been there for me through thick and thin, held me up and stopped me from falling, you have been my rock.

I know some of these people dont think so but I know you are strong, you have always been strong and masculine - not only physically but mentally and emotionally you are solid.

So I beat you in an arm wrestle, you are faster then me, stronger then me, can run faster then me, can carry me up our stairs and to our bed :blushing: and could most deffinatley beat the s**t out of me if you chose to, but NEVER in our 11 year relationship have you ever lifted you hand to strike me . . . . . .

So many men need to take lessons out of your book

I love you :heart:

Awwwwww :cry: