Foods you had to cut out of diet to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Chips, chocolate, pops, alcohol, processed food, anything high in sodium, creamy salad dressings, pasta...yeah it's hard but the results are there :)
  • Girl_Bomb
    Options
    I cut out diet pop and artificial sweeteners like Splenda, things like crystal light too
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    To those who responded to my post on the first page - I cut out foods like almonds because I have an intolerance to them. They make me feel like absolute crap (migraines, cloudy thinking, stuffy ears, joint paint, etc.) It is VERY rare for someone to have an almond allergy. We're just finding it runs in my mother's side of the family.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I didn't "have to" cut anything out of my diet.
    But I chose to cut down on pop consumption.
    I drink mostly water or homemade (unsweetened) iced tea.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to cut out soda of my diet. It makes me bloat like there's no tomorrow.
  • meidson
    meidson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    "Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight"
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Soda
    Lemonade/Iced Tea
    Taco Bell
    Kit Kats
    (everything else, just cut back in moderation)
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I haven't cut out anything. I've reduced portions, and I eat fewer carbs now (but that's due to insulin resistance). I still have regular soda once in a great while, but only a few ounces since I don't really like it anymore. It's just good for a quick pick-up on occasion. I still eat Mexican food, ice cream, and cupcakes. I just make sure it fits into my macros and enjoy it. It's all about moderation, not deprivation. People might say I'm "doing it wrong", but my ticker says otherwise.
  • Josette89
    Options
    I've gone Paleo and I am so happy about it. I was kinda going crazy because I have given up grains and dairy. After making my official decision to be dedicated to this new lifestyle, I came upon this book called "Wheat Belly". It is awesome and after just reading the first couple of chapters I feel like I can seriously never eat any grains again. I've only been dedicated to zero grains for about two weeks because for the last few months I've always had my "cheat days", Well, now I see a cheat day as only cheating myself and my weight loss goals. Since I've gone without grains and dairy, I see a difference in my attitude and my skin clarity and my energy levels. I've lost a few additional pounds as well. The longer that I go on doing this I should probably start feeling better in my knees (bad knees from car accident and working too hard). I would suggest to any one to try a diet change like this one. :) Good Luck!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eliminate any foods from your diet in order to lose weight. You just need to create a deficit, by eating less or moving more. It's really that simple.
  • Josette89
    Options
    "Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight"
    Whoop Whoop!!! :)
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Fried Food
    High Fructose Corn Syrup
    Simple Sugar
    Alcohol - for the most part ;0)
    Wheat
  • kel_bucs99
    Options
    The one thing that really killed me was my coffee creamer. I never really thought about HOW bad it was. Even the fat free creamer is loaded with calories and Sugar. After research and taste testing I found that Sugar Free Vanilla is the winner. It's only 15 calories a TBLS and zero sugar.
  • 21June
    Options
    Alcohol

Not cut out, but severly restrict. Everything in moderation :)
    I've done the same! :smile:
  • meidson
    meidson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The book is "Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight" by Dr. William Davis.

Check out the blog at:

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/
  • 21June
    Options
    processed foods
    Definately, too much processed foods are a no no! :smile:
  • Culley34
    Options
    White bread. White pasta. White rice.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I've gone Paleo and I am so happy about it. I was kinda going crazy because I have given up grains and dairy. After making my official decision to be dedicated to this new lifestyle, I came upon this book called "Wheat Belly". It is awesome and after just reading the first couple of chapters I feel like I can seriously never eat any grains again. I've only been dedicated to zero grains for about two weeks because for the last few months I've always had my "cheat days", Well, now I see a cheat day as only cheating myself and my weight loss goals. Since I've gone without grains and dairy, I see a difference in my attitude and my skin clarity and my energy levels. I've lost a few additional pounds as well. The longer that I go on doing this I should probably start feeling better in my knees (bad knees from car accident and working too hard). I would suggest to any one to try a diet change like this one. :) Good Luck!

I also read the book and quit wheat about one week ago and my waist is TWO INCHES smaller because I'm not bloated anymore. My stomach used to be very round and hard, now my pants fit better and I feel so much better.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eliminate any foods from your diet in order to lose weight. You just need to create a deficit, by eating less or moving more. It's really that simple.

^Boom! Exactly!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary.....I refuse to eliminate anything.

Disclaimer: If you are easily offended by other people's food choices I wouldn't go in there.....