Foods you had to cut out of diet to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    But I think most of the things that you end up cutting out of your daily intake are accidental. For instance: I love pasta. I could eat pasta all day every day and never get tired of it. But now, when I'm about to have dinner and I log in pasta, it doesn't seem worth the amount of calories, because if I have it, then I can't have dessert :) So, I just tell myself: "I'll have pasta next time" and have something else instead. As of today, I haven't had pasta in like 4 months. Not as a conscious decision like: "If I want to lose weight, I will vow to never eat pasta again!" It's just something that happened.

I had the same thing happen with milk and bread. Nothing is gone from my diet completely, but I went from eating several pieces of bread and at least 4 glasses of milk a day to having each once or twice a week
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I didn't really cut out any foods, just don't eat a lot of my former "friends" like chips or candy or cakes. I did, however, cut out regular sodas and, most recently, diet sodas.
  • KLynn0107
    Options
    I haven't cut any foods out or my diet.
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've reduced my intake of high fat and sugary foods but I haven't eliminated a particular food group, so if I want a cake or biscuit I will have it but log it faithfully in my food diary. I reckon, I've almost halved my food intake but I would definitely fail, if I made any food forbidden.

something i need to work on cutting out
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Really 10lbs in a week...wow

are almonds really bad for you? I eat them sometimes didnt realize that.
    ALMONDS, PEANUTS, SOY BEANS, Cows Milk, Whey, Yogurt, Scallops, Egg in all forms, Filbert, Gluten, Pecan, Spelt, and Whole Wheat.

Don't know which ones, if any, caused me to hold onto weight. It cut them all out to recently to tell. I am intolerant to all of the above foods. I cannot eat them, unless I want to feel like *kitten*. I do recall the first time I cut most of them out (did a hypo-allergenic diet) I lost 10 lbs in a week and another 7 in the following month.

Nothing on that list is bad for you... he has an allergy. Keep eating almonds! They are a staple in my diet :)
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out of my diet entirely. I've actually increased the variety of foods that I eat since I started losing weight and eating healthier. I just enjoy things in moderation and some things less frequently than I did before.

This sums it up for me.
  • fgodfrey56
    fgodfrey56 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Chips and fries
  • patriciaartis
    Options
    I did not really cut out any thing just did a lot of exchanging one food group for another, such as, beef for turkey, white bread for wheat. I try to eat every 3 hours....this is what does it for me.
  • jesekelynne
    Options
    I agree with the general ideas of most of the posters. I have restricted my intake of the foods that I used to eat but havn't totally eliminated. I do still have to occasional Mt. Dew, because I love it. I have found it hard to do any take out like Chinese, Taco Bell, and especially Red Robbin. There just isn't any way to justify the calories in the things I want to eat there. I will still take a few bites out of my hubby's take out though!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Nope. Can't think of anything that I have cut out.

I certainly eat less chocolate and cake and drink less wine - but I know that as soon as I start making "rules" for myself about cutting out certain foods altogether, I'm just setting myself up to fail. And why would I want to do that?
  • dhenderson1966
    dhenderson1966 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have just started this but I have heard that moderation is the key and less sugar.
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    wouldnt really say i cut anything out.... i just use healthier options.. if something like white bread is presented to me.. ill use it... ill occasionally fry something.. but i prefer to bake.. its all about moderation.. if u have strong will power and u can cut things out completely more power to u.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Nope, not cut out any foods, but I am paying attention to what I'm eating, weighing/measuring everything I eat when I'm home, and eating in moderation. Since being dx'd with type 2, I've had to pay serious attention to my carb intake and for that reason, I usually will order food w/o the bread/bun, but if I've worked the foods into my daily plan, I'm eating it.

Since this is a lifestyle change for me, I'm not going to deprive myself of something I want...I just have to learn to eat it in moderation and plan for it.
  • mrscarrey
    mrscarrey Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    99% of processed foods. This includes grains, any low-fat dairy and most legumes. I follow a primal eating plan - had tons of success.
  • jenjen0214
    Options
    Not so much WHAT I eat, but how much I eat. That is what really changed.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out anything completely.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    99% of processed foods. This includes grains, any low-fat dairy and most legumes. I follow a primal eating plan - had tons of success.

Yup, and sugar, obviously :)

Good for general health and not just weight loss too.

Love the ticker, I've just had my daily bacon ;)
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    Sadly, nuts.... like Cashews and Pistachios (my fav) and the butters like cashew butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter..... etc. They just totally keep me from losing weight......... and i can eat them by the bucketfuls, LOL!
  • ashleyjea1985
    Options
    1. soda
    2. butter
    3. LARGE portions
    4. donuts
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Well, I used to eat fast food A LOT. As in, 5 times a week or so. Ugh. So I had to kick that habit completely.

I haven't been to a fast food place in a couple of months and I have absolutely no desire to go back to one again. I think I only grabbed that junk because I would get hungry and it was so quick and easy. There's really not much to crave about it so I don't miss it. Therefore, I don't see it as giving up anything good.

Other than that...

There are a few things I try not to have (chocolate milk, chips, etc.) but I'll eat them in small quantities every now and then, tracking calories.