Foods you had to cut out of diet to lose weight?

Options
Are there foods that you feel have to be cut out of diet to lose weight? Like I had to cut sodas out it was hard but I did it....I am just looking to see if there is anything else I should cut that I havent thought about ....so wanted to see what others had to cut out.

Replies

• tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Alcohol

Not cut out, but severly restrict. Everything in moderation :)
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    processed foods
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I eat very little dairy and hardly any grains
  • RockyDon
    RockyDon Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Soda and chips and beer
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    ALMONDS, PEANUTS, SOY BEANS, Cows Milk, Whey, Yogurt, Scallops, Egg in all forms, Filbert, Gluten, Pecan, Spelt, and Whole Wheat.

Don't know which ones, if any, caused me to hold onto weight. It cut them all out to recently to tell. I am intolerant to all of the above foods. I cannot eat them, unless I want to feel like *kitten*. I do recall the first time I cut most of them out (did a hypo-allergenic diet) I lost 10 lbs in a week and another 7 in the following month.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out of my diet entirely. I've actually increased the variety of foods that I eat since I started losing weight and eating healthier. I just enjoy things in moderation and some things less frequently than I did before.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yes true I have been working on that one....hard with work and kids sometimes but I need to...
    processed foods
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I didn't cut out any foods.

I did learn that chips and salsa are a particular weakness for me and I am sure to measure the chips out now before I eat even one.

Otherwise, no, I was able to lose the weight and keep it off without removing any foods or drinks from my diet.
  • cathymarie75
    Options
    Really 10lbs in a week...wow

are almonds really bad for you? I eat them sometimes didnt realize that.
    ALMONDS, PEANUTS, SOY BEANS, Cows Milk, Whey, Yogurt, Scallops, Egg in all forms, Filbert, Gluten, Pecan, Spelt, and Whole Wheat.

Don't know which ones, if any, caused me to hold onto weight. It cut them all out to recently to tell. I am intolerant to all of the above foods. I cannot eat them, unless I want to feel like *kitten*. I do recall the first time I cut most of them out (did a hypo-allergenic diet) I lost 10 lbs in a week and another 7 in the following month.
  • Nurturegirl
    Nurturegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've reduced my intake of high fat and sugary foods but I haven't eliminated a particular food group, so if I want a cake or biscuit I will have it but log it faithfully in my food diary. I reckon, I've almost halved my food intake but I would definitely fail, if I made any food forbidden.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Cut down on certain foods but never cut out something completely, just not sustainable for a long term goal, for me anyway.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    ice cream! i try to have it rarely now, as it always makes me balloon on the scale.

even worse...milkshakes. my downfall!

i also cut way down on cheese/dairy, which wasn't too hard.
  • o2bADyer
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out of my diet entirely. I've actually increased the variety of foods that I eat since I started losing weight and eating healthier. I just enjoy things in moderation and some things less frequently than I did before.

Same here. Moderation is key and tracking calories will help you. Good luck!
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    none ill take my fat loss and have my angel food cake too thanks :)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

No no no! I think the poster meant they were allergic to almonds, not that they were bad and cutting them out makes you lose weight.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Apart from maybe once per week on the weekend (cheat day) I cut out, for health reasons as well as weight loss: soda, diet soda (artificial sweeteners are BAD NEWS), fast food, anything overly processed or salty or sweet like milk chocolate or Pringle's etc. I also cut out meat (apart from fish) as I've always had digestive issues since I was a toddler and avoiding meat (and actually, most dairy) eradicates this for me therefore helping me to lose weight much more efficiently. And of course, I gave up cake...but only the processed shop-bought kind, I make my own healthy versions and eat them almost every day...like today, I had a goji berry-banana wholemeal protein muffin!

I've lost over 50lbs and kept it off for a year and a half.

Back to it now, only 8lbs to go til goal!
  • leeinsc
    leeinsc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Processed sugar. Eat a moderate amount of natural sugar, but cut out the added sugar which is present in a LOT of low fat products.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Everything processed.... all I see is sodium.... oh and fast food.... it's just NOT worth it. I kown you can find stuff out there that is low cal... but the sodium will KILL you and hold all that weight in....
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut anything completely out. This is a lifestyle for me, and a healthy lifestyle has room for occasional indulgences like soda and pizza, in my opinion. I definitely eat a lot less junk in general than I used to though. Of course I used to exist primarily on Sprite, cookie dough, and alfredo sauce, so....:laugh: ....yeah there have been some "tweaks" to the nutrition plan. :bigsmile:
  • cathymarie75
    Options
    Ok I didnt think they were bad

No no no! I think the poster meant they were allergic to almonds, not that they were bad and cutting them out makes you lose weight.